Blue Bombers Forum
June 16, 2019, 08:50:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC July 14, 2018  (Read 14114 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 03:39:37 PM »

Another opinion: Depending on field position but I'm thinking the Lions come out early and attack Cooper deep against one of their taller receivers. They will want to set an early tone.

Also expect them to rely more on their running attack than last week.

Loffler will be there to help deep, and Bighill in the flats...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 04:12:22 PM »

Another opinion: Depending on field position but I'm thinking the Lions come out early and attack Cooper deep against one of their taller receivers. They will want to set an early tone.

Also expect them to rely more on their running attack than last week.

Our dl and lbs can stop the run

If they break through that group then we will give up a few big plays

I think they will beat us deep a couple times but we will rattle Lulay and be ok on D again

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue In BC

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM »

Our dl and lbs can stop the run

If they break through that group then we will give up a few big plays

I think they will beat us deep a couple times but we will rattle Lulay and be ok on D again

You say that like it's a fact about the run defense. Johnson had 80 yards on 13 carries for a 6.2 yard average. As a team they had 100 yards rushing.

Of course giving up rush yards helped limit their passing yardage but it's not a given we can get the same mix of results. If they stick with the run game early and longer it may open up their passing game.

Of course we''re assuming R. Hall can and will make any in game adjustments.

I'm certainly willing to give up 100 yard rushing when we limit the passing to 100 yards. It is a passing league after all.

Some will say we adjusted and took away their run game but after we scored 4 consecutive TD's that was a large factor as well.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:48:03 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 04:53:05 PM »

Good question, but either way I think Lafrance should be cut, because he can't stay healthy, and in my opinion Augustine is better and makes less money. 

I agree

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
lenny

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2018, 04:56:07 PM »

It's highly questionable Lulay can finish the first half if the Bombers can get to him. This is the equivalent of the glass jaw QB right now. I don't know how they can avoid max protection for him as well.
the paw

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 05:41:44 PM »

LaFrance hurt or is Augustine just better?

According to my radio, Augustine is coming in because he plays more special teams, and with the various injuries, that made him more necessary.

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2018, 05:47:03 PM »

According to my radio, Augustine is coming in because he plays more special teams, and with the various injuries, that made him more necessary.

Interesting but we also added Henry while taking out LaFrance. Does Henry also play ST's and if LaFrance was the in game replacement for Harris, what does that say.

Never want to see Harris injured but it begs the question whether they also feel Augustine might be a better back up on offense as well?

No more excuses.
gbill2004

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 05:53:41 PM »

Interesting but we also added Henry while taking out LaFrance. Does Henry also play ST's and if LaFrance was the in game replacement for Harris, what does that say.

Never want to see Harris injured but it begs the question whether they also feel Augustine might be a better back up on offense as well?
They should feel that way because he is. 
dd

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2018, 05:54:40 PM »

I think he is. He is a much more physical running back than Lafrance, that's for sure and runs with speed as well. Either way, good to see we have NAT depth for a change!!
Pigskin

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2018, 05:58:35 PM »

I am not that worried about BC. Lulay or Jennings, doesn't really matter. Our D is better then there D. Our O is better then there O. If we don't turnover the ball, we will be fine.
Blue In BC

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 06:22:47 PM »

They should feel that way because he is. 

I like Augustine but we don't really have much proof about either. After time on the PR maybe they've decided that. We don't really know if LaFrance is injured or this was a choice of adding the player giving us the best chance.

LaFrance only has 12 touches in 4 games for about 90 yards. Nothing to write home about. Augustine has no stats in regular season games.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 06:24:58 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 06:28:11 PM »

I like Augustine but we don't really have much proof about either. After time on the PR maybe they've decided that. We don't really know if LaFrance is injured or this was a choice of adding the player giving us the best chance.

LaFrance only has 12 touches in 4 games for about 90 yards. Nothing to write home about. Augustine has no stats in regular season games.

I certainly like what I saw out of him in preseason.  So I hope he gets a few touches tomorrow so we can see him.
gbill2004

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2018, 06:51:59 PM »

I'm going by my eyes tell me, and not by the stats. 
Blue In BC

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2018, 06:55:33 PM »

I'm going by my eyes tell me, and not by the stats. 

That's fine if you get to see him in practice. One brief appearance in pre season he looked good but it's not much to go on .

No more excuses.
bowlerdude

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2018, 07:08:02 PM »

Augustine has more explosiveness to his game, for sure. Not sure if that will translate into actually being a better player, but he has more potential...

Either way, don't expect Augustine to have any more of a role than Lafrance did as long as Harris is healthy. And even if he's hurt, we could just as easily see Demski move into Harris' role and Petermann/Simonise at receiver... they already take a decent number of snaps each game with Demski in the backfield and Harris in the slot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: