Blue Bombers Forum
December 17, 2018, 02:56:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39
  Print  
Author Topic: Bowman  (Read 17646 times)
DM83

« on: July 08, 2018, 08:33:52 PM »

Bowman had a rejuvenation of his career with Edmonton.  He really found his game.
Did Lapo tell him that in Winnioeg je should jog all his patterns.

He looks tired and I would suggest he have a rest.  I would put Tomkins, Wojo or Simonese into that slot position.

Defenses would then actually have to assign a guy to that player in case he was open.
Blue In BC

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 09:19:20 PM »

Something is not right. He's not being targeted or thrown to very often. He's invisible on TV so can't tell if he's open every play, a decoy or triple covered. Actually can't even tell if he's on the field. Didn't see his nameplate until nearly half time.

Is it time to bench him for a game or more? Is he nursing an injury not made public? Either way we need production from every player and this is not acceptable regardless of WHY.

One more game with lack of production tops. Question needs to be answered by O'Shea.

No more excuses.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 09:25:20 PM »

Certainly I expected a bit more - it is only 4 games and only 1 with a vet QB BUT it isn't like he is a raw rookie learning the game...the film will tell the story that we can't see watching on TV or even live.

At some point based on how the guys you mentioned are practicing they should get a shot.  Hopefully the hit Darvin took at the end wasn't serious.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 09:36:11 PM »

Bowman had a rejuvenation of his career with Edmonton.  He really found his game.
Did Lapo tell him that in Winnioeg je should jog all his patterns.

He looks tired and I would suggest he have a rest.  I would put Tomkins, Wojo or Simonese into that slot position.

Defenses would then actually have to assign a guy to that player in case he was open.

Oh ya Thompkins I?d love to see what this guy can do!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
gbill2004

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 09:38:43 PM »

Certainly I expected a bit more - it is only 4 games and only 1 with a vet QB BUT it isn't like he is a raw rookie learning the game...the film will tell the story that we can't see watching on TV or even live.

At some point based on how the guys you mentioned are practicing they should get a shot.  Hopefully the hit Darvin took at the end wasn't serious.
Adams is fine.
gbill2004

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 09:44:02 PM »

When Bowman was signed it was known that with all the talented receivers we now have, there would be weeks some receivers had big weeks and others would be quiet. Combine that with a rookie QB the first 3 weeks and Nichols only passing for 162 last night has resulted in a perfect storm for Bowman. I still fully expect Bowman to have some big weeks this season.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 09:59:58 PM »

Adams is fine.

He walked off the field and looked alright, which is great. He was down for a quite bit, though, and looked a bit shaken up.

The offense can't afford to lose him, that's for sure.

When Bowman was signed it was known that with all the talented receivers we now have, there would be weeks some receivers had big weeks and others would be quiet. Combine that with a rookie QB the first 3 weeks and Nichols only passing for 162 last night has resulted in a perfect storm for Bowman. I still fully expect Bowman to have some big weeks this season.

I'm hopeful this is the case and we'll see more from him sooner than later.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 10:14:14 PM »

Even if he isn't getting the ball, he still garners respect from opposing DB's.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 11:36:13 PM »

Even if he isn't getting the ball, he still garners respect from opposing DB's.

For now...
gbill2004

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 11:41:49 PM »

Makes you re-think whether Denmark was really washed up, or whether it's just the role that receiver spot plays in Lapo's offence.
dd

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 12:34:05 AM »

I guarantee you Petermann would run Bowman's routes with more purpose and conviction and if he doesn't pull his socks up, i d be putting Petermann in and let him further develop vs watch an overpaid #3-4 receiver jog around the field
PurpleReign

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 12:45:34 AM »

That pass in the end zone to Bowman says it all. Looks like he made a half *** effort for the ball.  No effort at all to extend and get the ball.  Something is not right with this guy.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 01:10:40 AM »

Agree with everything said on Bowman.  Needs to step up, and is running out of leash...

I'd put in Lankford!  Receiver + returner to give Fogg some breaks.  Can't waste the spot on a NAT.  We already have plenty of those in the game, and in depth.
PloenFan

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 03:11:10 AM »

Didn't the same thing happen with Kenny Stafford last season ?
If I recall correctly, he was lackadaisical in training camp, was released, and ended up in Edmonton.  Huh
TecnoGenius

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2018, 03:45:09 AM »

Didn't the same thing happen with Kenny Stafford last season ?
If I recall correctly, he was lackadaisical in training camp, was released, and ended up in Edmonton.  Huh

He's still pretty lackadaisical in EDM!  Good cut.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39
  Print  

Jump to: