Blue Bombers Forum
November 16, 2018, 04:02:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2018/2019 Season  (Read 11683 times)
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #480 on: November 07, 2018, 03:04:48 PM »

I mean, he's coming up on 100 games in the NHL. He's had more than a fair chance to make the team outright over the past 4 years, he just hasn't ever done anything to justify his spot.

I was hoping for his sake that he is a late bloomer and that perhaps this year he reached the stage of development to crack the roster. Wishful thinking, yeah, but he had a high ceiling going in and at this point, I think it is the tipping point: either he's ready or he's not. It's terrible about his father and how that changed what I think was a pivotal TC in his career and the Jets' prospect pool.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #481 on: November 07, 2018, 08:28:31 PM »

I'm not saying I'm agreeing with this but the argument with Petan is that he's a smaller, offensive-minded player who needs offensively skilled guys to play with. He's not a good fit for our third line and up until fairly recently, the fourth line didn't have a lot of offensive players. That's changed a little bit lately. You always want to put players in the best position to be successful and unfortunately for Petan we've had a hard time doing that because he's not good enough to be a top 6 forward in Winnipeg.
blue_or_die

« Reply #482 on: November 07, 2018, 09:16:33 PM »

I'm not saying I'm agreeing with this but the argument with Petan is that he's a smaller, offensive-minded player who needs offensively skilled guys to play with. He's not a good fit for our third line and up until fairly recently, the fourth line didn't have a lot of offensive players. That's changed a little bit lately. You always want to put players in the best position to be successful and unfortunately for Petan we've had a hard time doing that because he's not good enough to be a top 6 forward in Winnipeg.

I think the argument can be made that Petan can be likened to Roslovic, who we are trying to make work in a bottom six role. Not sure what the result of that experiment will be, though.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #483 on: November 10, 2018, 02:31:33 AM »

Great Jet game tonight Wheels WOW what a performance.

Great Karma to get my drink on for the bus ride to Regina tomorrow! Whooop whooop!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TrueBlue75

« Reply #484 on: November 10, 2018, 01:15:27 PM »

One of the best and most complete games this season! They play like this every game and they?ll be tough to beat. Wheeler continues to drive the team. Wow! Also, I didn?t mind Petan?s game, especially for the amount of games he?s played this season. I would be fine with him staying in the lineup and Lemieux sitting after his suspension is over.
Jockitch

« Reply #485 on: November 10, 2018, 03:21:32 PM »

Certainly was a crowd pleaser last night ........... it was definitely Wheels up.   The team was flying around with great energy.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #486 on: November 10, 2018, 05:44:04 PM »

Hell of a game last night! Wheeler was a monster.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Jockitch

« Reply #487 on: November 11, 2018, 04:26:05 PM »

Sami N. recalled by the Jets ......... hope he does well if given an opportunity

Surprise move by Chevy ........... they signed, much travelled in his short career, Logan Shaw on a 1 yr., 2 way contract ........ that's toughness added.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
Jesse

« Reply #488 on: November 11, 2018, 04:26:50 PM »

Sami N. recalled by the Jets ......... hope he does well if given an opportunity

Surprise move by Chevy ........... they signed, much travelled in his short career, Logan Shaw on a 1 yr., 2 way contract ........ that's toughness added.

They're sending Shaw to the Moose.

My wife is amazing!
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #489 on: November 11, 2018, 04:36:07 PM »

Niku getting the call tells me Kulikov will be out for at least a little while.

I wonder if we see Niku and Morrow rotate.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Jockitch

« Reply #490 on: November 11, 2018, 04:54:31 PM »

they had stated that Kuli was probably out at least a month ........ Shaw to the Moose makes sense.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #491 on: November 12, 2018, 01:51:04 AM »

Coming together 

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
blue_or_die

« Reply #492 on: November 12, 2018, 01:51:40 AM »

Tonight was a repeat of Friday.

Jets looking like they?ve figured it out.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #493 on: November 13, 2018, 02:06:39 PM »

Tonight was a repeat of Friday.

Jets looking like they?ve figured it out.

A few blips aside, they've appeared to have re-discovered what's made them successful the last year or so.

Should be a good test tomorrow against the reigning champs!

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Jockitch

« Reply #494 on: November 13, 2018, 08:04:18 PM »

Quite agree with other comments about Jets seemingly getting their act together.
     BTW:  Wilson for the Caps had his suspension overturned & is eligible to play ....... haven't heard if the sluggo will be in the lineup

*** saw on TSN that Perrault left practise today with an injury ......... nothing against him but he is usually due for games lost each year

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34
  Print  

Jump to: