Blue Bombers Forum
November 16, 2018, 04:04:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2018/2019 Season  (Read 11689 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #465 on: November 05, 2018, 09:36:06 PM »

Lemieux gets two games for his stupid hit in Finland.  Gotta think PM tuned him up pretty good too
theaardvark

« Reply #466 on: November 05, 2018, 09:57:46 PM »

2 games... Petan gets a chance to freeze Lemeiux out of the lineup...  I can see Lemeuix getting traded sometime in the near future...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jockitch

« Reply #467 on: November 05, 2018, 11:41:58 PM »

Your thinking trade him ......... due to this idiotic hit or the hit plus his development as an NHL'er

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
theaardvark

« Reply #468 on: November 06, 2018, 01:03:59 PM »

Your thinking trade him ......... due to this idiotic hit or the hit plus his development as an NHL'er

And the logjam we have in the development ranks...  his development isn't keeping pace with others...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
bluengold204

« Reply #469 on: November 06, 2018, 02:19:00 PM »

2 games... Petan gets a chance to freeze Lemeiux out of the lineup...  I can see Lemeuix getting traded sometime in the near future...

I'd rather see 4th line Laine traded
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #470 on: November 06, 2018, 02:58:55 PM »

I'd rather see 4th line Laine traded

Yeah, that makes sense.

I guess you didn't watch either of the two games played in Finland.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
bluengold204

« Reply #471 on: November 06, 2018, 03:17:19 PM »

Yeah, that makes sense.

I guess you didn't watch either of the two games played in Finland.

No but I certainly saw this before they left to Finland

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/9rzspm/you_gotta_move_byfuglien_yells_at_laine_to_stop/
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #472 on: November 06, 2018, 03:37:08 PM »

Yeah, so you didn't see him get moved to the third line or his four goals in two games. Ya know, what's happened since then.

But, yeah... Trading Laine is reasonable.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
bluengold204

« Reply #473 on: November 06, 2018, 03:46:07 PM »

Yeah, so you didn't see him get moved to the third line or his four goals in two games. Ya know, what's happened since then.

But, yeah... Trading Laine is reasonable.

Oh great so he's willing to put in some effort when his family and friends are in the crowd?  Good thing the whole season is played in Finland...
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #474 on: November 06, 2018, 03:53:15 PM »

Oh great so he's willing to put in some effort when his family and friends are in the crowd?  Good thing the whole season is played in Finland...

What a stupid comment. Almost as stupid as saying Laine should be traded.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Jockitch

« Reply #475 on: November 06, 2018, 07:32:10 PM »

And the logjam we have in the development ranks...  his development isn't keeping pace with others...

Not sure whose play you compared his development to .......... Lemieux is not on the ice due to his Laine shot or Ehlers speed.
Present Jets suck at 5on5 & PM hardly gives Lemieux any ice time. Copp & Tanev have each a single goal but play about 2 & a 1/2 times the ATOI
Laine has only a single goal that is not on the PP. & that was into an empty net.  Ehlers has 2 goals in about his last 45 games.
Wheeler has only 2 goals of which 1 was into an empty net.          I would say a lot have been behind or at par in developing & that includes those on the Moose. 

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #476 on: November 06, 2018, 08:13:19 PM »

Not sure whose play you compared his development to .......... Lemieux is not on the ice due to his Laine shot or Ehlers speed.
Present Jets suck at 5on5 & PM hardly gives Lemieux any ice time. Copp & Tanev have each a single goal but play about 2 & a 1/2 times the ATOI
Laine has only a single goal that is not on the PP. & that was into an empty net.  Ehlers has 2 goals in about his last 45 games.
Wheeler has only 2 goals of which 1 was into an empty net.          I would say a lot have been behind or at par in developing & that includes those on the Moose. 

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with player development. The team as a whole this season outside of a select few aren't playing up to expectations set last season but I don't think that's a development issue, per se. The Jets are simply not playing good hockey on a consistent basis right now.

As for Lemieux, I could see him getting sent down after serving his suspension. He basically cost the Jets that second game in Finland.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #477 on: November 06, 2018, 08:17:09 PM »

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with player development. The team as a whole this season outside of a select few aren't playing up to expectations set last season but I don't think that's a development issue, per se. The Jets are simply not playing good hockey on a consistent basis right now.

As for Lemieux, I could see him getting sent down after serving his suspension. He basically cost the Jets that second game in Finland.

I'd be happy to give Petan his chance. He missed out on his big opportunity to crack the Jets once and for all by the tragic passing of his father during TC. Let's hope he takes this and runs with it.
Colton

« Reply #478 on: November 06, 2018, 08:23:12 PM »

I'd be happy to give Petan his chance. He missed out on his big opportunity to crack the Jets once and for all by the tragic passing of his father during TC. Let's hope he takes this and runs with it.

I mean, he's coming up on 100 games in the NHL. He's had more than a fair chance to make the team outright over the past 4 years, he just hasn't ever done anything to justify his spot.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #479 on: November 06, 2018, 10:03:23 PM »

I mean, he's coming up on 100 games in the NHL. He's had more than a fair chance to make the team outright over the past 4 years, he just hasn't ever done anything to justify his spot.
I agree don?t understand why some have such a love for the guy? Maybe because he is short and they can relate. lol

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34
  Print  

Jump to: