Blue Bombers Forum
August 18, 2019, 01:14:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 81
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2018/2019 Season  (Read 59482 times)
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #600 on: December 19, 2018, 01:54:28 PM »

No puck luck last night. Lots of offensive chances but the hockey gods favoured the Kings.

Ice looked absolutely awful at Staples Centre last night. Full credit to the Kings, though: they know how to play with a lead and shut down their opponent.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
theaardvark

« Reply #601 on: December 19, 2018, 04:45:10 PM »

Ice, travel, time zones, 6 in 10, hot goalie, overconfidence, no morning skate... no excuses.  You can't win all 82, and having just beat the best team in the league, it is not an issue of being able to compete, it was a one off, flush it, NEXT!

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jesse

« Reply #602 on: December 19, 2018, 04:56:27 PM »

I'm honestly worried about the next couple of games. We looked so bagged at the end of the Tamps game and then we go on a three-game west coast trip? The holiday break can't come soon enough.

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

« Reply #603 on: December 19, 2018, 07:03:32 PM »

I'm honestly worried about the next couple of games. We looked so bagged at the end of the Tamps game and then we go on a three-game west coast trip? The holiday break can't come soon enough.

Going in, I was hoping to get 4/6 points. But, that was predicated on us being able to at least beat the worst team in the league.

Vancouver should be "guaranteed" (nothing is), and San Jose in San Jose will be very, very tough. A victory there would cancel out last night's loss in my mind.
Jockitch

« Reply #604 on: December 21, 2018, 02:28:05 AM »

Lowry out (no reason that I've heard of) ........ Rosy starts with Perr & Tan while Petan draws in with Apple & Lem........ should be a dandy

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "19"
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #605 on: December 21, 2018, 01:29:16 PM »

Good game last night. We managed to beat the Sharks without playing the second period and against a team with a great home record. The Pacific is not looking very good this year outside of Calgary. Wasn't close to our best effort, the guys need a few days off, but still found a way.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #606 on: December 21, 2018, 01:30:40 PM »

Well, it wasn't the prettiest and that was easily the weirdest hatty I've ever seen, but take the win. Also nice to see Appleton get his first in the bigs.

On to Vancouver!

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
theaardvark

« Reply #607 on: December 21, 2018, 02:33:05 PM »

Automatic goal is so anticlimactic... they should have awarded him a penalty shot,   Then he gets a shot on net...

Or make it a little interesting, let them put a skater that was on the ice in net.... or even the penalized player...

I guess just giving him a goal saves time...  does it count as a SOG?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jesse

« Reply #608 on: December 21, 2018, 03:40:45 PM »

Didn't get to see much of it, much love that we picked up a win.

We desperately need a few days off and any points now are a bonus, imo.

My wife is amazing!
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #609 on: December 21, 2018, 04:09:22 PM »

Automatic goal is so anticlimactic... they should have awarded him a penalty shot,   Then he gets a shot on net...

Or make it a little interesting, let them put a skater that was on the ice in net.... or even the penalized player...

I guess just giving him a goal saves time...  does it count as a SOG?

He would've scored had Thornton (IIRC) not interfered. So, rather than just waste time, it's an awarded goal as per the rulebook.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2018-2019-NHL-rulebook.pdf

Rule 25 - Awarded Goals
25.1 Awarded Goal - A goal will be awarded to the attacking team when
the opposing team has taken their goalkeeper off the ice and an
attacking player has possession and control of the puck (or would
have gained possession and control) in the neutral or attacking zone,
without a defending player between himself and the opposing goal,
and he is prevented from scoring as a result of an infraction
committed by the defending team.

A penalty shot on an empty net would be pretty funny, though. As for the SOG thing, I'm not sure. I'd assume it counts, though.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
theaardvark

« Reply #610 on: December 21, 2018, 05:18:27 PM »

He would've scored had Thornton (IIRC) not interfered. So, rather than just waste time, it's an awarded goal as per the rulebook.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2018-2019-NHL-rulebook.pdf

A penalty shot on an empty net would be pretty funny, though. As for the SOG thing, I'm not sure. I'd assume it counts, though.

You see so many NBA players with wide open layup or jams miss the basket in hilarious ways, but I don't think even the worst NHL player could miss a 6x4 empty net in an unopposed penalty shot...  although it would be up there with Billy Bucknor if they did...

bluengold204

« Reply #611 on: December 21, 2018, 06:32:06 PM »

You see so many NBA players with wide open layup or jams miss the basket in hilarious ways, but I don't think even the worst NHL player could miss a 6x4 empty net in an unopposed penalty shot...  although it would be up there with Billy Bucknor if they did...

It's happened before on breakaways with an empty net sort of the same thing, not on an unopposed penalty shot because will i don't think those exist.
theaardvark

« Reply #612 on: December 21, 2018, 07:14:45 PM »

It's happened before on breakaways with an empty net sort of the same thing, not on an unopposed penalty shot because will i don't think those exist.

Empty net breakaways, sure, when you have someone in hot pursuit, and he puck skips on some snow or a groove in the ice... but coming down with no opposition... you'd have to be some kind of special to flub that...

Stretch

« Reply #613 on: December 21, 2018, 07:29:49 PM »

Empty net breakaways, sure, when you have someone in hot pursuit, and he puck skips on some snow or a groove in the ice... but coming down with no opposition... you'd have to be some kind of special to flub that...

Patrick Stefan and Craig Smith say hello.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 07:41:08 PM by Stretch » Logged

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #614 on: December 21, 2018, 09:28:43 PM »

Patrick Stefan and Craig Smith say hello.  Cheesy

Probably the two worst EN misses in recent memory. Stefan's takes the cake, IMO - the Oilers went on to tie that game immediately after he biffed it.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 81
  Print  

Jump to: