Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 07:24:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2018/2019 Season  (Read 11790 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 06:22:53 PM »

What do you mean by that?
It means he's fine with Laurent Brossoit as our backup.  The two train together in the offseason. 
Colton

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 06:26:52 PM »

It means he's fine with Laurent Brossoit as our backup.  The two train together in the offseason. 

Ahh got it, wasn't sure what he meant by the familiar part. Didn't know they trained together.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 06:35:56 PM »

Good to know. Perhaps that's part of why he was signed.

While his career numbers thus far are not good, he's played on some pretty craptacular Oilers teams. His one good season also happened to be the year they made the playoffs. Although, he only played 8 games. His AHL numbers are decent enough.

I have no idea how the backup situation shakes out, but this is a good, low-risk signing for the Jets, IMO. Maybe Brossoit is ready to take that next step as a backup in the NHL.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Jockitch

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2018, 09:13:54 PM »

Comrie (hasn't been signed yet) & Bros will certainly put together a meaningful battle in TC.
May be wrong ..... but neither can move between Moose & Jets without going to waiver wire this season.

Meanwhile Iles, with Greis & the Rangers who have Lundqvist ...... do not have anyone listed as a backup goaltender on Cap Friendly.
Soooooo a few teams are still deciding on their goaltenders ....... with the pickings slim on experience.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
theaardvark

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 11:45:11 AM »

I've heard some speculation about bringing Mason back... he got paid for his contract and is a free agent.  I don't think he's getting $4mil anywhere, would be hella weird... possible, but I don't think its worth it...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2018, 12:04:43 PM »

Ideally this will be Comrie's last year in the A and I hope he explodes and can be our sure-fire #2 next year. But this year I don't think he's ready based on what I've seen.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2018, 12:45:08 PM »

I've heard some speculation about bringing Mason back... he got paid for his contract and is a free agent.  I don't think he's getting $4mil anywhere, would be hella weird... possible, but I don't think its worth it...

That wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea for the right price. Maybe 1 year at $2-2.5M...?

Looks like five RFAs have filed for arbitration: Dano, Hellebuyck, Lowry, Tanev, Trouba.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2018, 01:17:55 PM »

Where did you hear this speculation? 
bowlerdude

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2018, 09:30:24 PM »

I don't mind Brossoit getting a shot to be the regular backup. He's spent his entire career behind one of the leakiest defenses in the league, and the only year Edmonton was any good, Brossoit actually put up pretty good numbers. He's been good in the AHL, he was phenomenal in juniors, got good size and athleticism and a lot of times goalies take a while to develop. Brossoit is only 25, so he's still got room to develop.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2018, 10:35:12 PM »

Really?

Out to lunch speculation

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2018, 10:56:54 PM »

I don't mind Brossoit getting a shot to be the regular backup. He's spent his entire career behind one of the leakiest defenses in the league, and the only year Edmonton was any good, Brossoit actually put up pretty good numbers. He's been good in the AHL, he was phenomenal in juniors, got good size and athleticism and a lot of times goalies take a while to develop. Brossoit is only 25, so he's still got room to develop.

Pretty much where I stand on Brossoit. Well said.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2018, 09:33:46 AM »

Pretty much where I stand on Brossoit. Well said.
It's still a massive risk. The fact remains is Brossoit is an unknown.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2018, 03:39:03 PM »

It's still a massive risk. The fact remains is Brossoit is an unknown.

Of course it is. But it's also a fact that's the case with most of what's currently available on the market.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2018, 06:54:54 PM »

Of course it is. But it's also a fact that's the case with most of what's currently available on the market.
That's why I suggested the strategy in post 12 of this thread.
theaardvark

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2018, 12:51:17 PM »

Hellebuyck  6 yrs, 6.16 per... awesome.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: