Blue Bombers Forum
September 15, 2019, 06:05:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2018/2019 Season  (Read 64040 times)
Jockitch

« Reply #1200 on: August 03, 2019, 03:10:33 PM »

Am also in favour of trading Laine but definitely prefer not to a Conference opponent such as Edmonton.
However I do like the idea of a center such as RNH being part of what we get back
Going out of our Conf., may I suggest we deal with Columbus ......... they of course just lost a big point man in Panarin & have Cap Space.
 So how about we ask for a very decent 2nd line center in Boone Jenner, age 26, who has a decent offensive past, his Give & take away #'s are good & can kill penalties.
We also ask for a good winger in Josh Anderson, age 25, who just had a very good season, finishes his checks & kills penalties
Also lets ask for Dman Ryan Murray, age 25, who is strong defensively, kills penalties & has a very reliable history when healthy.

We give them Laine, who wants big $$, Jack Roslovic, a hometown Columbus boy, who doesn't kill penalties & dump Kulikov & his contract.
Cap Space cost ..... Jenner at $3,750M for 2 yrs, Anderson for the last year at $1,850M & Murray has 2 yrs left at $4,600M
We dump Roslovic's  contract under $900,000., Kulikov's $4,333,333., & a potential Laine at a conservative $7.5M.
Jets would add to their Cap Space approx. $ 2,533M

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "19"
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #1201 on: August 10, 2019, 04:53:29 PM »

How does anyone expect to trade a RFA for anything of value? Laine still needs to sign a contract.

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
TrueBlue75

« Reply #1202 on: August 11, 2019, 05:18:12 PM »

I have a feeling that the contracts of Laine and Connor will be announced very close together so as to deter any offer sheets. Other teams could see exactly what the Jets have left to offer after one of them is signed and then just out price what the Jets can afford. Of course, the Jets could still match and trade some salary away too. Would be nice to hear something soon though as fall is creeping closer and closer...
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1203 on: August 13, 2019, 01:00:41 AM »

No news is bad news. 1290 guys are starting to pee there pants in stress.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TrueBlue75

« Reply #1204 on: August 13, 2019, 01:35:51 AM »

Meh, not necessarily. Toronto has a big, big fish still without a contract too, with rumours that an offer sheet from the Isles is in the making. The Jets signings often seem to come out of the blue with no prior rumblings so in my mind, not hearing about negative negations is a good thing. My guess is deals will be in place by Banjo Bowl.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 01:38:17 AM by TrueBlue75 » Logged
jets4life

« Reply #1205 on: August 13, 2019, 11:43:46 AM »

Comrie, if signed, will not be part of initial Jet roster.
Comrie will never make the Jets roster.  He is a career AHLer.

Jockitch

« Reply #1206 on: August 15, 2019, 09:15:36 PM »

Comrie will never make the Jets roster.  He is a career AHLer.

DEFINITELY agree

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "19"
TrueBlue75

« Reply #1207 on: August 16, 2019, 04:59:01 PM »

Of some concern:

LAHTI, Finland ? Patrik Laine says contract talks with the Winnipeg Jets have been non-existent all summer and he isn?t sure what it means for his future with the team.

As one of several prominent NHL restricted free agents still without a new deal, the sniper is currently entering the late stages of summer training under a cloud of uncertainty. Speaking before the Finnish Alumni All-Star Game about an hour north of Helsinki, Laine told Sportsnet that he?s confident he?ll be playing "somewhere" next season.

He just doesn?t know if that somewhere will be Winnipeg.

"Well you never know. It?s still business, you?ve got to be prepared for anything," Laine said Friday. "But yeah, you never know where you?re going to play next year so I?m just prepared for anything."

Yikes! No talks??? Not sure how normal this is for contract  talks but it certainly raises eyebrows with training camp around the corner. Wait and see I guess.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #1208 on: August 17, 2019, 05:12:39 PM »

Have a feeling the Jets are in for a tough upcoming season - miss the playoffs by a large amount type...

Hope I am wrong cause a competitive hockey team makes the winter go by quicker once the NFL is done. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 07:26:01 PM by The Zipp » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #1209 on: August 17, 2019, 05:28:26 PM »

There has to have been at least an offer, one way or the other.  But waiting until some other issues get resolved might be key, and the dominoes will fall.  Until then, what is there to "talk" about?  The Jets must have told him where they are presently, and I'm sure if he wanted to sign a reasonable deal, either bridge or long term, his agent and the Jets would have it done.  He obviously wants (or his agent does) to get the max benefit... which is his prerogative.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
jets4life

« Reply #1210 on: August 20, 2019, 07:20:39 AM »

I think Laine would be far more willing to resign if Maurice is canned.  The question is, who would replace him.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #1211 on: August 21, 2019, 01:17:27 AM »

I think Laine would be far more willing to resign if Maurice is canned.  The question is, who would replace him.

I suppose by that logic, Rantanen would sign if Bednar gets canned, Marner would sign if Babcock gets canned, etc...

Care to explain your rationale for such a commentary?

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
Colton

« Reply #1212 on: August 21, 2019, 01:19:46 AM »

I suppose by that logic, Rantanen would sign if Bednar gets canned, Marner would sign if Babcock gets canned, etc...

Care to explain your rationale for such a commentary?

Rantanen and Marner aren't publicly frustrated with their usage.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #1213 on: August 21, 2019, 01:33:16 AM »

Rantanen and Marner aren't publicly frustrated with their usage.

Meh, I'd take some translated article with a pretty big grain of salt. In any event, Laine should probably worry about his play firstly than how he's being used.

And really, is Maurice the reason why contract talks haven't been happening? I highly doubt it.

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
Jesse

« Reply #1214 on: August 21, 2019, 12:49:45 PM »

Meh, I'd take some translated article with a pretty big grain of salt. In any event, Laine should probably worry about his play firstly than how he's being used.

And really, is Maurice the reason why contract talks haven't been happening? I highly doubt it.

Not Maurice per se, but perhaps his choice of line mates for Laine?

My wife is amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82
  Print  

Jump to: