Blue Bombers Forum
May 20, 2019, 04:46:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2018/2019 Season  (Read 41731 times)
Stretch

« Reply #1065 on: April 23, 2019, 06:27:26 PM »

Players that should be back with the team.

- Laine
- Connor
- Chiarot
- Tanev
- Copp
- Morrow

Maybe: Myres, Trouba, Brossoit.  If we can can fit them into he cap.

So in other words, pretty much all of our FA's aside from Kevin Hayes.  Wink

I think we'll end up losing Tanev and Myers. That buys us a bit of space for Laine's and Connor's raises. Beyond that, who knows.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
TrueBlue75

« Reply #1066 on: April 23, 2019, 07:47:59 PM »

Players that should be back with the team.

- Laine
- Connor
- Chiarot
- Tanev
- Copp
- Morrow

Maybe: Myres, Trouba, Brossoit.  If we can can fit them into he cap.

My predictions:

Laine gets a 6 year contract
Connor gets a bridge deal (or could be Laine bridge deal, Connor longer term deal)
Chiarot, Tanev and Copp re-signed to either one or two-year deals
Myers will sign somewhere else. He will expect too much and the Jets can't give that.
Trouba- I think he's traded at the draft
Brossoit will be tough to keep because he wants more playing time and he's not going to get that in Wpg. This would be a scary loss...
Morrow, Hayes, Kieslevich all gone
Beaulieu signed to a 1 or 2 year deal
Lindholm 1 year deal

Wish: Kulikov traded or bought out and then maybe Myers could be kept for a 2-year deal. But...highly unlikely. I would also love to see an extension happen for Morrissey, especially if Myers and Trouba are gone. Get him locked up long term!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:51:06 PM by TrueBlue75 » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #1067 on: April 24, 2019, 02:12:25 AM »

I really hope they show Tanev some love here, I'm sure he's going to get some attention from other teams.

Package Kulikov and Trouba... Wink

Brossoit had a great year, not sure he's going to get a better opportunity elsewhere though.

Buff, Morrissey, Kulikov and Niku under contract... I'd love to get Beaulieu and Myers back, and Poolman up... 

The forwards will work themselves out...  Hayes or Lindholm at the right price, sure... 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #1068 on: April 24, 2019, 02:59:01 AM »

Trouba will be harder to sign then Myers. Both at 5.5M right now.
I agree trade Kulikov. Morrow and Beaulieu would be nice to have. However Beaulieu is at 2.4M right now.
Sign Connor first and bridge Liane.
Tanev is a must as far as our team speed.
blue_or_die

« Reply #1069 on: April 24, 2019, 01:16:23 PM »

Connor to a longer term
Laine to a bridge
Used saved $$ from the predicted $10M x $10 years or whatever for Laine to re-up Tanev, Copp and Chiarot
Comrie is not ready and Brossoit is a great backup. Try to give him ~$1.8M for a one year deal to truly establish himself and wait for an inevitable starting job somewhere in 2020/21
Myers to UFA
Kulikov I would love to trade but he's overpaid and we would have to sweeten the deal with a DP to get him off our hands
Trouba to the Red Wings on draft day for Detroit's first rounder (hey, I can dream!)
theaardvark

« Reply #1070 on: April 24, 2019, 03:53:32 PM »

I can't see giving Tanev his full value as long as Perrault is here (2 more years)... 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #1071 on: April 24, 2019, 04:34:20 PM »

I can't see giving Tanev his full value as long as Perrault is here (2 more years)... 

What do you think his value is? I think he would accept and that we could afford a substantial raise to get to 2 to 2.5M a year.
theaardvark

« Reply #1072 on: April 24, 2019, 05:29:05 PM »

What do you think his value is? I think he would accept and that we could afford a substantial raise to get to 2 to 2.5M a year.

He's going to get $3mil+ on the open market I would guess... if Perreault is over $4mil, I can't see Tanev valued at half that...

Pigskin

« Reply #1073 on: April 24, 2019, 05:55:05 PM »

I could see the Jet's signing Tanev to a 2/3 year deal at around 3 - 3.5 M.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #1074 on: April 24, 2019, 06:23:11 PM »

I'd rather have Tanev than Perreault.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Jockitch

« Reply #1075 on: April 24, 2019, 07:15:29 PM »

Presently we have a miniscule 3 picks out of the 7 Rds at this years Draft ........ we start at Rd 2, then 4th & 5th Rds. & blanked in the final 2 rounds.
That's a BIG YIKES in my mind.   Of our starting Dmen ..... Myers & Chiarot both are UFA's & Trouba an RFA ...... who can we sign or trade ??
I'll say Trouba & Myers both get traded for which we get back at least one Top 4 Dman &/or a Top 6 center, plus some other bodies & perhaps Draft slots.
Trouba should be dangled, along with Perrault (salary dump) & Eric Comrie (cuz he's a very good minor league goalie) to the Rangers, who have the 2nd overall pick ..... landing that slot (pick Kakko) & also get Dman Brady Skjei, top 4 Lefty makes $5,250,000. for the next 5 seasons & also ask for bottom 6 forward Jesper Fast, who can kill penalties.  
If we can trade Matty Ice Perrault there may be a chance that Tanev is affordable.

That leaves Myers (who I hope we can keep) & Chevy ..... get rid of Kulikov

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
blue_or_die

« Reply #1076 on: April 24, 2019, 07:35:19 PM »

He's going to get $3mil+ on the open market I would guess... if Perreault is over $4mil, I can't see Tanev valued at half that...

I could see the Jet's signing Tanev to a 2/3 year deal at around 3 - 3.5 M.

Tanev is a good player but he is a value player. The > 3 mill number is overvaluing him IMO.

Perreault was signed as a top 6/9 at the time and is a seasoned veteran. He is being overpaid currently.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 07:38:32 PM by blue_or_die » Logged
blue_or_die

« Reply #1077 on: April 24, 2019, 07:37:41 PM »

Presently we have a miniscule 3 picks out of the 7 Rds at this years Draft ........ we start at Rd 2, then 4th & 5th Rds. & blanked in the final 2 rounds.
That's a BIG YIKES in my mind.   Of our starting Dmen ..... Myers & Chiarot both are UFA's & Trouba an RFA ...... who can we sign or trade ??
I'll say Trouba & Myers both get traded for which we get back at least one Top 4 Dman &/or a Top 6 center, plus some other bodies & perhaps Draft slots.
Trouba should be dangled, along with Perrault (salary dump) & Eric Comrie (cuz he's a very good minor league goalie) to the Rangers, who have the 2nd overall pick ..... landing that slot (pick Kakko) & also get Dman Brady Skjei, top 4 Lefty makes $5,250,000. for the next 5 seasons & also ask for bottom 6 forward Jesper Fast, who can kill penalties.  
If we can trade Matty Ice Perrault there may be a chance that Tanev is affordable.

That leaves Myers (who I hope we can keep) & Chevy ..... get rid of Kulikov

How can we trade Myers if he's a UFA?  Huh

And I will hold out that we can trade Trouba (and possibly another piece) for a first rounder on draft day to a team that thinks they can sign him long term.
Jockitch

« Reply #1078 on: April 24, 2019, 09:29:49 PM »

The player, such as Myers ...... officially becomes a UFA upon expiration of his NHL contract at midnight of June 30th beginning July 1st.
So I'm just expecting that Chevy will move any UFA out & get a return prior to the end of June 30th.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
dd

« Reply #1079 on: April 24, 2019, 10:01:56 PM »

I'd rather have Tanev than Perreault.
In a heartbeat. I think Tanev is one of the most under rated Jets we have, his speed opens up the ice big time. Perreault, I could live without if push came to shove between the 2.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:47:58 AM by dd » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73
  Print  

Jump to: