Blue Bombers Forum
November 16, 2018, 04:04:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2018/2019 Season  (Read 11690 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: June 30, 2018, 03:17:38 PM »

With free agency starting and a new NHL season on the horizon, we can start the 2018/2019 discussion here.

We will leave the 2017/2018 up for another month before retiring it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 03:25:14 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 02:30:28 PM »

Let?s start this off with a bang:

Forward Paul Stastny will sign a three-year deal with the Vegas Golden Knights.

In 82 games last season, Stastny had 16 goals and 37 assists. The 32-year-old was dealt from the St. Louis Blues to the Winnipeg Jets at the trade deadline in exchange for forward Erik Foley, a conditional first-round pick in 2018 and a fourth-rounder in 2020. Stastny recorded 13 points in 19 games after being acquired by the Jets.

Stastny spent most of four seasons with the Blues, helping them to a string of playoff appearances including a conference final appearance in 2015-16.   

He was coming off a four-year, $28 million deal that carried a cap hit of $7 million per season.

The 32-year-old was drafted by the Colorado Avalanche in the second round (No. 44 overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. He spent his first eight seasons with the Avs before signing with the Blues in 2014.
Jockitch

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 02:34:23 PM »

Guess Chevy will go to Plan B & just do nothing for a center & let PM figure it out.
Unless some huge shock happens ........ Little is okay but I do hope that Roslovic gets a chance at center with Ehlers & Laine.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 03:09:17 PM »

Matt Hendricks signs a one-year, $700,000 contract to play in his home state with the Minnesota Wild. He was a player the #NHLJets signed late last summer but didn't seem interested in retaining for next season. No room at the inn. #wfp
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 11:42:46 PM »

Matt Hendricks signs a one-year, $700,000 contract to play in his home state with the Minnesota Wild. He was a player the #NHLJets signed late last summer but didn't seem interested in retaining for next season. No room at the inn. #wfp

Yawn

Glad he?s gone

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 12:52:56 AM »

Good for him...  good guy and a decent role player.  Unfortunately, he's gotten one step too slow to keep up with this team.  The kids have surpassed him...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 09:46:06 PM »

Sure hope Laurent Brossoit isn't actually our backup goaltender this season.
theaardvark

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 10:12:10 PM »

I'm sure we will see Comrie for more than a game or two.  Nice having the Moose in the same building.  But I fully expect Brossoit to be the backup night in night out on the bench.  And get in a few games...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 01:38:34 AM »

Pretty sure that's why he was signed. Who else would it be?

Getting Mason off the books is big but it sucks to lose Armia. It is nice to get a prospect defenseman back the other way.

Extremely disappointed in Stastny's decision to sign with the team who eliminated him from the playoffs - another reason to despise Vegas, I suppose. I was really hoping he'd be back after the Jets were able to open up some space trading away Mason.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 07:54:47 AM »

I'm sure we will see Comrie for more than a game or two.  Nice having the Moose in the same building.  But I fully expect Brossoit to be the backup night in night out on the bench.  And get in a few games...
Comrie is much worse.
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 07:56:37 AM »

Pretty sure that's why he was signed. Who else would it be?

Getting Mason off the books is big but it sucks to lose Armia. It is nice to get a prospect defenseman back the other way.

Extremely disappointed in Stastny's decision to sign with the team who eliminated him from the playoffs - another reason to despise Vegas, I suppose. I was really hoping he'd be back after the Jets were able to open up some space trading away Mason.
I'm assuming/hoping Chevy will pluck a better goaltender off waivers just prior to the season. My hope is Brossoit is our 3rd goaltender who's primarily in the AHL, like Hutch last year.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 03:43:39 PM »

I'm assuming/hoping Chevy will pluck a better goaltender off waivers just prior to the season. My hope is Brossoit is our 3rd goaltender who's primarily in the AHL, like Hutch last year.

Like Mason? Cheesy

Seriously, though, I'm not sure who's even worth a look. Maybe Zatkoff or Lindback...?

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 03:46:59 PM »

Like Mason? Cheesy

Seriously, though, I'm not sure who's even worth a look. Maybe Zatkoff or Lindback...?
There's a few teams who have some decent 3rd goaltenders who will need to go through waivers once the regular season starts.  The Leafs have a couple I'd be interested in, Sparks and Picard.  But there will be many others...
theaardvark

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2018, 04:53:53 PM »

At the price, I'm fine with picking up a guy that Hellebuyck is familiar with and can play in the NHL in a pinch.  He played on an awful Edm team... so I discount a lot of his numbers...

Colton

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2018, 06:16:16 PM »

I'm fine with picking up a guy that Hellebuyck is familiar with

What do you mean by that?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: