Blue Bombers Forum
December 14, 2018, 12:45:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Hamilton June 29, 2018  (Read 15092 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: June 28, 2018, 01:00:22 PM »

A game that should show how the Bombers stack up against a team in the league they will have to be able to beat.  Even with their back up quarterback the Bombers have shown they can compete.  Will this continue?  Depth charts for Winnipeg and Hamilton follow:

Bryant, Corney, Wild, and Gaitor are out.  Sayles, Cooper, Rush and Wilson are in.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:34:02 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
blue_or_die

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 01:04:22 PM »

Guess I didn't notice Wild was injured... Undecided

Foketi and Cooper the scratches?

I like the way they rearranged the secondary field to accommodate Gaitor's injury. And I'm happy Alexander is able to play.
gbill2004

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 01:04:42 PM »

Was Wild not practicing this week?
Blue In BC

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 01:23:25 PM »

Not sure what to make of adding Cooper and Sayles unless they wanted a DB on the 2 man DR in case Alexander is a game day decision?

Wild can't play after minimal reps as a DI or is Wilson just passing him on the depth chart?? Too bad Corney will miss this game.

We didn't add Speller which suggests the " worrying " about Neufeld not playing was incorrect.

Waiting to see where the " out " players end up, 1 game, 6 game IR or PR.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 01:27:05 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
ModAdmin
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 01:29:48 PM »

Not sure what to make of adding Cooper and Sayles unless they wanted a DB on the 2 man DR in case Alexander is a game day decision?

Wild can't play after minimal reps as a DI or is Wilson just passing him on the depth chart?? Too bad Corney will miss this game.

We didn't add Speller which suggests the " worrying " about Neufeld not playing was incorrect.

Waiting to see where the " out " players end up, 1 game, 6 game IR or PR.

Or protection if Leggett can't go or needs help.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Blue In BC

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 02:19:29 PM »

Or protection if Leggett can't go or needs help.

Well that would still need to be a game time decision. We won't have 2 DB's as DI's and no LB IMO.

Realistically expect either Cooper or Sayles to be on the two man DR along with Foketi.

EDIT: Roster updated now.

1. Wild on 1 game IR
2. Corney on 1 game IR
3. Gaitor on 6 game IR
4. B.Bryant moved to PR.

No " returner " added as a choice for this week's DI. Injuries at DB made this harder to do I suppose.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:27:04 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
gobombersgo

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 02:22:29 PM »

Wild practiced yesterday. Maybe he tweeked something or they are just resting him as its a long season.

Alexander didn't practice yesterday so he might be a game day decision. Sayles will dress and Cooper will go in for Alexander if he can't play.

Blue In BC

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 02:25:25 PM »

Wild practiced yesterday. Maybe he tweeked something or they are just resting him as its a long season.

Alexander didn't practice yesterday so he might be a game day decision. Sayles will dress and Cooper will go in for Alexander if he can't play.

Wild may have some sort of on going injury issue that he hasn't fully recovered from. Long season or not he barely played week 2 and is now missing week 3. Not a good sign.

One of the new DB's has a chance to win / retain a spot on the AR 44 with Gaitor gone for 6 weeks.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:28:58 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
ModAdmin
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 02:34:56 PM »

Hamilton's Depth Chart has been added to the OP here.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 02:34:59 PM »

Well that would still need to be a game time decision. We won't have 2 DB's as DI's and no LB IMO.

Realistically expect either Cooper or Sayles to be on the two man DR along with Foketi.

EDIT: Roster updated now.

1. Wild on 1 game IR
2. Corney on 1 game IR
3. Gaitor on 6 game IR
4. B.Bryant moved to PR.

No " returner " added as a choice for this week's DI. Injuries at DB made this harder to do I suppose.

Interesting, I guess they've determined there was no need for a 4th DT and the workload is better managed between Poop, Nevis and Jake.  I think Cooper might be a returner as he's too short at 5'-8" to be a legitimate DB, especially with Terrance Toliver in the house.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:36:44 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
DM83

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 02:47:41 PM »

Santos - Knox really played well and flies around.
Fenner ?  must be better
Bighill = Superstar.

Wild's days are done, same with Moe. (who looked pretty slow yesterday in practice)

Those two are among my favourite players.  I hope they are kept and play situationally, so they can have their name on the Grey Cup when we win it this year.

Santos-Knox has really progressed since being a rookie starter.  Good for him.

I am really worried Moe gets beat on corner patterns.
gobombersgo

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 02:49:14 PM »

Not sure if Cooper is an option for returns but Sayles is. We also might see LaFrance helping out on kick returns.

thunderNlightning

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 02:58:35 PM »

Not sure if Cooper is an option for returns but Sayles is. We also might see LaFrance helping out on kick returns.

What about putting Demski back there? He did some in Sask I know.
DM83

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 02:59:40 PM »

Nope, we need a real good guy dedicated to this position.  Where's Streeter?
Blue In BC

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 03:28:57 PM »

Interesting, I guess they've determined there was no need for a 4th DT and the workload is better managed between Poop, Nevis and Jake.  I think Cooper might be a returner as he's too short at 5'-8" to be a legitimate DB, especially with Terrance Toliver in the house.

Suber says hello!

No more excuses.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: