Main Menu

Trotz

Started by theaardvark, June 19, 2018, 02:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Walking away after a Stanley Cup... 

Guess it beats waiting at a curb for a taxi with your bags...

Still waiting for the editorial cartoon of the Caps logo waiting at the curb after being "fired"...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Pretty unusual to see a team move on like this after a Stanley Cup win, but I have to imagine that Trotz is getting close to retiring.
My wife is amazing!

buckzumhoff

He wanted a five year deal. Didn?t take long to start asking for more . 2 weeks.

buckzumhoff

He wanted a five year deal. Didn?t take long to start asking for more . 2 weeks. He should have signed for another year. Caps won?t pay too much for coaches I guess.

theaardvark

He apparently had a clause that included a 2 year extension with a $300k bump...  which would have been a tiny increase for a Stanley Cup win, really...

I can see him waiting for the season to begin and a prime opportunity to present itself.  The Islanders spot isn't Prime, especially if they don't retain Tavares...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Trotz to the Islanders. 

Norlorne Dr.

Quote from: gbill2004 on June 21, 2018, 04:24:26 PM
Trotz to the Islanders. 

Good hire.  Islanders had a solid season in 2014-15 and have slowly been regressing ever since.... Trotz should be a positive addition.

bluengold204

Quote from: Norlorne Dr. on August 17, 2018, 09:49:42 AM
Good hire.  Islanders had a solid season in 2014-15 and have slowly been regressing ever since.... Trotz should be a positive addition.

Loss of Taveres will be hard to overcome tho

gbill2004

Quote from: bluengold204 on August 17, 2018, 04:09:50 PM
And that Ladd contract is probably the worst in the league.  Did we ever dodge a bullet there. 

Norlorne Dr.

Quote from: bluengold204 on August 17, 2018, 04:09:50 PM

Very true.  Barzal, Bailey, Lee and Eberle should be able to hold down the offensive production for them.

Old Rusty

I hope the Islanders surprise the pundits. 
As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.