Blue Bombers Forum
June 19, 2018, 10:59:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Relocation  (Read 1110 times)
bwiser

« on: June 15, 2018, 06:42:30 AM »

Those of you who left who didn't know the upper deck was closed after the second rain delay.I was sitting at the 52 yard line on an aisle seat for the second half of the game.It was pretty cool until the Bombers lost.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 07:40:57 AM »

Those of you who left who didn't know the upper deck was closed after the second rain delay.I was sitting at the 52 yard line on an aisle seat for the second half of the game.It was pretty cool until the Bombers lost.

Ya, they spent all game telling everyone they could go upstairs to escape the weather.  Then 45 mins later they tell everyone to go back downstairs!   Grin Grin
DM83

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 08:34:40 AM »

It was an Act of God!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 11:45:38 AM »

Ya, they spent all game telling everyone they could go upstairs to escape the weather.  Then 45 mins later they tell everyone to go back downstairs!   Grin Grin

like in Diehard?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 01:17:51 PM »

They had announced anyone could get in free after the second delay, and apparently the security guards didn't get the memo and were turning people away.  Nice gesture, but horrible execution...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jesse

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 01:24:01 PM »

They had announced anyone could get in free after the second delay, and apparently the security guards didn't get the memo and were turning people away.  Nice gesture, but horrible execution...

Not a good look.

Correct me if I?m wrong, but on the score board they were showing that you would need your ticket to gain readmittance if you left during the rain delay. But Wade Miller was on the radio during the first delay saying that his security were well trained and they wouldn?t require people to have their tickets in these conditions.

I feel like he just trusts that people will make the correct executive decisions but doesn?t actually send out the information.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 01:33:30 PM »

Not a good look.

Correct me if I?m wrong, but on the score board they were showing that you would need your ticket to gain readmittance if you left during the rain delay. But Wade Miller was on the radio during the first delay saying that his security were well trained and they wouldn?t require people to have their tickets in these conditions.

I feel like he just trusts that people will make the correct executive decisions but doesn?t actually send out the information.

Correct.

I was sitting on the east side upper deck and wanted to go visit my friends on the west side during the delay. The north (and south, I'm presuming) endzone concourses were closed off and I didn't notice right away and security screamed at me like I was committing a felony. So I asked if I could walk out, then around, and back in, and they said yes, so as I proceeded they then yelled I can't take my beer outside (fair enough). So I finished and went a little later, and then when I came in they gave me a huge hassle about scanning my ticket. Luckily I had e-tickets on my phone, but had to get into the ticketmaster app, etc. They waited to make sure I had it and that I was scanned. Not a huge deal but it was so weird to be a stickler about it when it's late, there's about 500 people there and everyone outside was soaking wet.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
theaardvark

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 01:35:35 PM »

Not a good look.

I think it is a case of "this has never happened before", and things will be implemented to fix if it even happens again.  The right calls were made, but they just didn't get executed properly.  Not sure why the jumbotrons did not get updated, that seems easy enough, unless that is a stock package that they had ready to toss up after this happened last time.  

I like that they wiped out halftime, I mentioned to my buddy they should do that while we were waiting in the first delay...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jesse

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 01:44:55 PM »

I think it is a case of "this has never happened before", and things will be implemented to fix if it even happens again.  The right calls were made, but they just didn't get executed properly.  Not sure why the jumbotrons did not get updated, that seems easy enough, unless that is a stock package that they had ready to toss up after this happened last time.  

I like that they wiped out halftime, I mentioned to my buddy they should do that while we were waiting in the first delay...

Great... except this has happened before. Very recently.
theaardvark

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 01:46:57 PM »

Great... except this has happened before. Very recently.

Two rain delays and starting up again after midnight hasn't...

blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 01:55:25 PM »

Yeah, I feel kinda bad about whining, because they did the best they could given that it was an anomalous circumstance.

We will call this a learning experience for the WFC.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 02:09:35 PM »

Security personnel are pathetic and incompetent at IGF.
I went through the Pinnacle entrance at the end of the 3rd quarter during the playoff game to go to the tailgate area. I had gone in and out of there several times earlier that game.
I saw they were starting to close it down so I turned around and went through the same door 10 seconds later.
The security woman who I just walked past said there was no re-entry and I had to leave the stadium for good.
There were dozens of other people walking in through a door 20 feet away from the Pinnacle enterance, so I went back to my seat through there and watched the rest of the game.
After the game I went back to the Pinnacle club and was waiting for food, the security woman saw me and had 3 other guards come over to toss me out!
Where do they find these clowns?
theaardvark

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 02:15:13 PM »

I was thinking "hey, this delay is going to be great for WFC's concession sales... ", and then it dawned on me.. you know how much extra labour costs were racked up last night?  They basically had to play out 2 games worth of time... for what I expect ended up as less than 1 games worth of sales...  have to wonder what happens to the "volunteers" after a certain time...

rubanski

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 02:49:44 PM »

I was thinking "hey, this delay is going to be great for WFC's concession sales... ", and then it dawned on me.. you know how much extra labour costs were racked up last night?  They basically had to play out 2 games worth of time... for what I expect ended up as less than 1 games worth of sales...  have to wonder what happens to the "volunteers" after a certain time...

They lock em up for the night.

Wasn't there in person, but I usually take the park and ride bus. I assume the buses were there to ferry people home at 1:00am?
gobombersgo

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 02:57:47 PM »

They lock em up for the night.

Wasn't there in person, but I usually take the park and ride bus. I assume the buses were there to ferry people home at 1:00am?
Yup, I was on the last bus to my drop off spot. We left at 130.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: