Blue Bombers Forum
June 19, 2018, 10:59:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Edmonton at Winnipeg June 14, 2018  (Read 5067 times)
elder

« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2018, 05:29:44 AM »

D line played good, LB?s played well, once again our secondary gets lit up for 400 yards.

I was almost convinced that the secondary would be better based on the new player acquisitions.  I just don't understand why they can't cover better.  Is it the coaching, or is there still a problem with the personnel?
Blue72

« Reply #241 on: June 15, 2018, 05:37:36 AM »

Would Bond had made a difference on the OLine and given our rookie more time. The OLine wasn't helping the QB much especially in the first quarter and during the game as they did end of last year.

The secondary needs more work on the long ball, would Leggett have made a difference is a question mark.
Blue72

« Reply #242 on: June 15, 2018, 05:41:29 AM »

Did Bowman even get a catch in this game?
elder

« Reply #243 on: June 15, 2018, 05:45:51 AM »

The hope I heard expressed is that the defense would rise to the occasion and help out a rookie QB.  Ironically, the rookie QB majorly outshone the D.
gbill2004

« Reply #244 on: June 15, 2018, 05:56:24 AM »

That was a heartbreaker. Streveler played great, but if Nichols plays tonight we win that game.
kkc60

« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2018, 06:19:27 AM »

Would Bond had made a difference on the OLine and given our rookie more time. The OLine wasn't helping the QB much especially in the first quarter and during the game as they did end of last year.

The secondary needs more work on the long ball, would Leggett have made a difference is a question mark.
Sure Bond might've but then we also would have had to make another position weaker by playing him
kkc60

« Reply #246 on: June 15, 2018, 06:22:18 AM »

Encouraging game but 400+ yards passing again...c'mon man! Its gotta be scheme, its gotta. Hopefully it's just early and this stuff will fix itself but there are no excuses for that. Hall has had an off season, we made "upgrades"... no more excuses for this secondary. Get it done. Winning with a rookie QB when your defence is giving up 400 yards passing isnt easy
swansong

« Reply #247 on: June 15, 2018, 08:03:25 AM »

Did Bowman even get a catch in this game?

No he didn't. Didn't have one thrown to him.
kronic

« Reply #248 on: June 15, 2018, 10:55:57 AM »

No he didn't. Didn't have one thrown to him.

He had one thrown to him in the end zone that was way off the mark.

Patience-the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.

This is NOT you Bomber fans.
GCn17

« Reply #249 on: June 15, 2018, 11:45:34 AM »

The D made some mistakes, no doubt about it. However, I thought overall they played pretty well. The TOP was staggeringly in favor of Edmonton in this game, and I think that was to be expected. All in all, we can cry about the defence all we want but the offence was very inconsistent as well and I think that was to be expected. Edmonton is an extremely tough team to beat, and even tougher with a raw rookie at the helm. I'm actually fairly encouraged about this game, lot closer than I thought it would be.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #250 on: June 15, 2018, 11:47:11 AM »

The D made some mistakes, no doubt about it. However, I thought overall they played pretty well. The TOP was staggeringly in favor of Edmonton in this game, and I think that was to be expected. All in all, we can cry about the defence all we want but the offence was very inconsistent as well and I think that was to be expected. Edmonton is an extremely tough team to beat, and even tougher with a raw rookie at the helm. I'm actually fairly encouraged about this game, lot closer than I thought it would be.
me to I wake up this morning feeling relatively good about this team.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
jayrock

« Reply #251 on: June 15, 2018, 11:55:13 AM »

I usually always hold my comments on a team until after the first 2 games. And this year I will wait for 3 games for the bombers. Rookie QB and a gong show of a start and stop game, do not give you much to judge by. But it sure was fun to watch.

RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #252 on: June 15, 2018, 12:11:57 PM »

I was almost convinced that the secondary would be better based on the new player acquisitions.  I just don't understand why they can't cover better.  Is it the coaching, or is there still a problem with the personnel?

Personally, I think it's the system. Lots of soft zone again like previous seasons.

I thought Gaitor and Randle had rough outings last night but I think the system in place puts the DBs at a disadvantage.

Go Blue!

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
Blue In BC

« Reply #253 on: June 15, 2018, 12:58:54 PM »

Personally, I think it's the system. Lots of soft zone again like previous seasons.

I thought Gaitor and Randle had rough outings last night but I think the system in place puts the DBs at a disadvantage.

Soft zone is a R. Hall hallmark ( more of a bad water stain ). I expected more from the front 7. We seemed to send pressure that didn't get there and that put the secondary in a bad position. Reilly had too long to throw most of the game.

OTOH we showed improvement against the run except perhaps in the ability to not let Reilly escape to make a big passing play.

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #254 on: June 15, 2018, 01:02:41 PM »

It's not like we could have won that game. It was there, but we stopped running the ball with the lead AGAIN.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: