Blue Bombers Forum
July 18, 2018, 05:23:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Streveler to start game 1  (Read 5951 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2018, 08:57:22 PM »

I understand your wish to think this, but there is no basis for it.  Most "athletic" QB's that come into the league and fail, do so because they fall into this exact thing.  I have heard coaches say that they don't want QB's to do this more this spring than I can remember.  With Manzeil especially, yes, turning a busted play into a gain is a nice ability to have, no coach wants a QB to go off script to do it. 

And Streveler, while he has the speed and athleticism to do that, certainly does not want to jeopardize his position and development by resort to it as a staple.  And, again, I see no reason to think that he will do so.

The problem is the Esks. D will do everything they can to confuse Streveller with false looks and he won't comprehend what's about to transpire in the 2 seconds he's given to react to it.  Both Ross and Bennett would have a small advantage in being able to recognize what's likely to happen pre-snap.
Blue In BC

« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2018, 09:30:23 PM »

2 hours to game time. Let the festivities begin!! GO BOMBERS

No more excuses.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2018, 09:33:26 PM »

Most likely Streveler stinks up the joint tonight.  But there's also the possibility that we witness the birth of a star.  Will be interesting tonight! 

Based on the odds and what I saw last week against BC - this pure rookie is going to have a rough night. 

Never even been on the sidelines of a regular season pro game.  The CFL game typically eats rookie QB?s alive - hopefully ol? strev can be the exception. 
theaardvark

« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2018, 10:07:13 PM »

The problem is the Esks. D will do everything they can to confuse Streveller with false looks and he won't comprehend what's about to transpire in the 2 seconds he's given to react to it.  Both Ross and Bennett would have a small advantage in being able to recognize what's likely to happen pre-snap.

So, the Esks have come up with some new defensive structure that can confuse a QB?   Isn't every D in the game trying to send fake looks and confuse a QB?

You do realize that this "kid" has one Masters degree, and is 5 credits short of his second.  This is no dummy here, he is very smart, and seems very composed.   

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
theaardvark

« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2018, 10:15:42 PM »

We all know it took 6 years for CAvillo to become elite... but his first game?

http://3downnation.com/2018/06/13/new-bombers-qb-chris-streveler-has-off-the-charts-athleticism/

Streveler will be the first quarterback since Anthony Calvillo with the Las Vegas Posse in 1994 to be the Week 1 starting quarterback of a CFL team straight out of university (ace stats man Steve Daniel deserves credit). Calvillo went 12-of-28 for 170 yards with three touchdown passes and more importantly no interceptions as the Posse beat the Sacramento Gold Miners 36-32.

He won...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
theaardvark

« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2018, 06:00:25 AM »

Pretty impressive, this kid is going to be something in this league...

gbill2004

« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2018, 06:01:06 AM »

Pretty impressive, this kid is going to be something in this league...
Agreed. With more seasoning he?s going to be a star.
bunker

« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2018, 06:12:07 AM »

Good debut but far too early to tell. Many QBs look promising early, only to fade as time goes on.
bwiser

« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2018, 06:46:50 AM »

I have seen a lot of Qbs come and go and this guy seems to be special. I know its only one game but I like his arm,his speed and his poise.I would like to see where he goes from here.He is the most promising newcomer I have seen in my many years of watching this team.
GCn17

« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2018, 11:51:21 AM »

I have seen a lot of Qbs come and go and this guy seems to be special. I know its only one game but I like his arm,his speed and his poise.I would like to see where he goes from here.He is the most promising newcomer I have seen in my many years of watching this team.

Joey Elliott's first game was outstanding. He won the player of the week for it. Just saying. However, young Streveler looks promising.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
jayrock

« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2018, 11:56:59 AM »

He looked good for sure. But to base anything off of last nights stop and start game is not a good idea. Plus how many times has a rookie come in and looked great the first game and gone down from their.

RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2018, 12:09:39 PM »

Joey Elliott's first game was outstanding. He won the player of the week for it. Just saying. However, young Streveler looks promising.

Agreed. It's just one game but the potential is certainly there.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2018, 12:32:21 PM »

I have no idea if Streveler is going to be a star or not, but I think we can accurately conclude that he's good enough that it was the right call not to move assets out and trade for a QB to start for the first few weeks of the season. You wouldn't have gotten better QB play from anyone else that's available.
TKTKD

« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2018, 12:50:57 PM »

After you put a full 4 or 5 games under his belt, Streveler will be a FAR better backup option then Darian Durant could have ever been. 

Stay Thursty My Friends!
GCn17

« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2018, 01:00:38 PM »

I have no idea if Streveler is going to be a star or not, but I think we can accurately conclude that he's good enough that it was the right call not to move assets out and trade for a QB to start for the first few weeks of the season. You wouldn't have gotten better QB play from anyone else that's available.

I'll wait to see what our record is over those 4 games before deciding that, but yes, it would appear that Streveler is worth a shot.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: