Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2018, 02:31:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Streveler to start game 1  (Read 8064 times)
booch

« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2018, 02:07:12 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/979737038307110914

Apparently Mr Strev's has eclipsed the 4.45 forty time at a testing....man get him in open space or a seam on a QB DRAW and he is gonzo!
theaardvark

« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2018, 02:13:12 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/979737038307110914

Apparently Mr Strev's has eclipsed the 4.45 forty time at a testing....man get him in open space or a seam on a QB DRAW and he is gonzo!

6'2, 220 and 4.45 speed... no wonder they had him at WR in Minnesota.  Thinking the option plays might factor in... just hope he doesn't start relying on that too much or go to it first when he has so many other options.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Ladybug

« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2018, 04:06:49 PM »

Seems to me QBs starting their first game in the CFL usually do fairly well for some reason, at least in regards to W/L. No actual data to back this up though.

It seems that way to me too.

I think this might be because first timers have beat the bombers quite often. Particularly in our lean years.
The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2018, 05:09:40 PM »

It seems that way to me too.

I think this might be because first timers have beat the bombers quite often. Particularly in our lean years.

Yes, Bo Levi Mitchell and the legendary Rocky Butler immediately come to mind!
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2018, 05:27:42 PM »

I fully expect Strev to take off often and use his legs. In fact, I personally think that's the primary reason he's starting tonight- because he can do that if he's not seeing his receivers or if the Dline comes knocking on every play.

Rather than take too long to get rid of the ball by taking too long on his reads, I'm picturing him rolling out (not part of the play!) himself for at least a pitch to Harris, if not a gainer himself, rather than take the sack.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
gbill2004

« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2018, 07:06:09 PM »

Most likely Streveler stinks up the joint tonight.  But there's also the possibility that we witness the birth of a star.  Will be interesting tonight! 
theaardvark

« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2018, 07:22:40 PM »

I fully expect Strev to take off often and use his legs. In fact, I personally think that's the primary reason he's starting tonight- because he can do that if he's not seeing his receivers or if the Dline comes knocking on every play.

Rather than take too long to get rid of the ball by taking too long on his reads, I'm picturing him rolling out (not part of the play!) himself for at least a pitch to Harris, if not a gainer himself, rather than take the sack.

I understand your wish to think this, but there is no basis for it.  Most "athletic" QB's that come into the league and fail, do so because they fall into this exact thing.  I have heard coaches say that they don't want QB's to do this more this spring than I can remember.  With Manzeil especially, yes, turning a busted play into a gain is a nice ability to have, no coach wants a QB to go off script to do it. 

And Streveler, while he has the speed and athleticism to do that, certainly does not want to jeopardize his position and development by resort to it as a staple.  And, again, I see no reason to think that he will do so.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
kkc60

« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2018, 07:46:14 PM »

Most likely Streveler stinks up the joint tonight.  But there's also the possibility that we witness the birth of a star.  Will be interesting tonight! 
Way to stay positive Wink
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2018, 07:56:37 PM »

I understand your wish to think this, but there is no basis for it.  Most "athletic" QB's that come into the league and fail, do so because they fall into this exact thing.  I have heard coaches say that they don't want QB's to do this more this spring than I can remember.  With Manzeil especially, yes, turning a busted play into a gain is a nice ability to have, no coach wants a QB to go off script to do it. 

And Streveler, while he has the speed and athleticism to do that, certainly does not want to jeopardize his position and development by resort to it as a staple.  And, again, I see no reason to think that he will do so.

...What?  Huh

Are you suggesting Streveler is going to be thinking as Sewell is leaping toward him, "Uh oh! Better roll out and try to get as many yards as possible- I see a hole! *Shakes head and comes down to earth* Wait Chris, remember what coach O'Shea said: resorting to trying to recover a broken play is not good for the development of a young QB. I've gotta take my lumps."

If he does this, then we should be concerned.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
gbill2004

« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2018, 08:29:07 PM »

Tim and Sid talking pretty highly about Streveler right now. 
theaardvark

« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2018, 08:37:06 PM »

...What?  Huh

Are you suggesting Streveler is going to be thinking as Sewell is leaping toward him, "Uh oh! Better roll out and try to get as many yards as possible- I see a hole! *Shakes head and comes down to earth* Wait Chris, remember what coach O'Shea said: resorting to trying to recover a broken play is not good for the development of a young QB. I've gotta take my lumps."

If he does this, then we should be concerned.

Actually, he should be smiling as his Oline forces Sewell past him and he has already released the ball to Bowman for a first down...

I have no problem with him pulling it down and scrambling... it just can't be all the time. 

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2018, 08:45:41 PM »

Tim and Sid talking pretty highly about Streveler right now. 

Ah missed it!

Talking to stupid Mitch Marner now!😭

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
gbill2004

« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2018, 08:51:13 PM »

Ah missed it!

Talking to stupid Mitch Marner now!😭
Tim was saying Streveler will make a bigger impact this season than Manziel.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2018, 08:53:51 PM »

Tim was saying Streveler will make a bigger impact this season than Manziel.

Money!

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2018, 08:54:31 PM »

I enjoy Tim and Sid......sometimes..lol

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: