Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2018, 02:30:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  
Author Topic: Streveler to start game 1  (Read 8063 times)
booch

« Reply #225 on: June 18, 2018, 08:08:00 PM »

We will sink or swim with Matt all year regardless. But we are in the process of actually developing a guy and getting him valuable reps in the case that we don't get Dinwiddied again in play-offs...or any game for that matter.

If he continues to impress....and progress then we may be a bit less reluctant to put in the back-up when Matt is struggling in a game...or a few packages here and there in a game for a change of pace.

He should become a lethal QB though in the short yardage goal line scenarios tho...inside the 10 yard line with that running threat...hopefully we create some kind of package for that
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #226 on: June 18, 2018, 08:38:31 PM »

If healthy Nichols could play another 4-5 years, Streveler will be most likely be gone in that time.  I can see Streveler more or less languishing away as Nichols backup once he returns, as long as Nichols remains healthy Streveler is going to get very few reps. in the next year or two.  If the past is any indicator Bomber QB development is zilch beyond throwing the backup QB into the deep end as an injury replacement.  If Nichols loses another block of time due to injury later this year or next and they miss the playoffs in either year, different ball-game.  Walters will seriously have to consider whether they will be able to get to the Cup on his back or if it's wiser to plan the future with Streveler or another at the controls. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 08:40:46 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
gbill2004

« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2018, 10:04:16 PM »

If healthy Nichols could play another 4-5 years, Streveler will be most likely be gone in that time.  I can see Streveler more or less languishing away as Nichols backup once he returns, as long as Nichols remains healthy Streveler is going to get very few reps. in the next year or two.  If the past is any indicator Bomber QB development is zilch beyond throwing the backup QB into the deep end as an injury replacement.  If Nichols loses another block of time due to injury later this year or next and they miss the playoffs in either year, different ball-game.  Walters will seriously have to consider whether they will be able to get to the Cup on his back or if it's wiser to plan the future with Streveler or another at the controls. 

If Lapo ends up in BC next year he might take Streveler with him the following year. 
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #228 on: June 18, 2018, 10:20:24 PM »

If Lapo ends up in BC next year he might take Streveler with him the following year. 

Holy Hanna you guys are nuts. Dude has not even won a freaking game yet!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #229 on: June 18, 2018, 10:34:06 PM »

Holy Hanna you guys are nuts. Dude has not even won a freaking game yet!

Just speculating, what role do you see Shreveler playing once Nichols comes back?
theaardvark

« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2018, 11:01:26 PM »

Just speculating, what role do you see Shreveler playing once Nichols comes back?

He's #2, and short yardage guy, maybe with a package or two...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2018, 11:19:55 PM »

Back up

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  

Jump to: