Blue Bombers Forum
July 18, 2018, 05:25:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Streveler to start game 1  (Read 5952 times)
DarkDays

« Reply #195 on: June 15, 2018, 02:36:59 PM »

The kid's for real.  He's got the tools, and the composure.  His reads will get better with time.

For a guy with only a few weeks' exposure to Mutantball, he did superbly.  And he has huge upside.

He didn't lose the game. (Talk to Coach Hall about that late game collapse)  He made up for rookie mistakes with some great plays.

"I think we're done here." 
                                   - Ross Tucker
Old Rusty

Let's Party

« Reply #196 on: June 15, 2018, 02:57:40 PM »

I was at the rain festival ....er,  game.  Suffering some sleep deprivation!   Grin

I thought Streveler looked a bit tight in the first few downs, and that early INT was nasty that he would love to have back.

Overall I am quite excited by the play this kid.  First game?   I'll take that all day long, my strong hunch is that he's going to be a good QB.  Smiley

He's pretty strong, and runs well!  His TD to Adams was a thing of beauty.

Having said all of that...
I wish our DBs could cover the long ball.

"Fear profits a man nothing." - Herger the Joyous

"Suck it up, buttercup." - Anonymous swim coach in Winnipeg
Maudie fingerjammer

« Reply #197 on: June 15, 2018, 05:16:46 PM »

In most cases the ?long balls? were covered well, a matter of inches in most cases. The intermediate balls were a bit loose, good timing on Riley?s part.
blue girl

« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2018, 09:24:12 PM »

I liked what I saw, especially that he doesn't get rattled when he makes a mistake or something goes wrong. I think that he'll get better the more experience that he gets and remember that he only had two days to get ready for this game. IMO the offense is in capable hands until Nichols gets back.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2018, 01:26:18 AM »

Streveller played really good. Down by 10 against Reilly he got them up by 9. 26-17. He has a good arm .  I think Nichols might not have done any better actually.  I think LaPolice has to open up his offence a little more. He is holding back the quarterbacks more than anything . When we had the lead the passes started to be more conservative and out to the sidelines instead of downfield. Not going to win playing safe .
PloenFan

« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2018, 02:05:33 AM »

Here are a couple of write-ups about Chris Streveler:

Minnesota Gophers Bio:
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/chris_streveler_839140.html

NFL Scouting report:
http://www.pass2win.com/chris-streveler-qb.html

The kid can pas and run pretty well, kind of like another young guy named Pleon !  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:26:45 PM by PloenFan » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2018, 05:37:15 PM »

Streveller played really good. Down by 10 against Reilly he got them up by 9. 26-17. He has a good arm .  I think Nichols might not have done any better actually.  I think LaPolice has to open up his offence a little more. He is holding back the quarterbacks more than anything . When we had the lead the passes started to be more conservative and out to the sidelines instead of downfield. Not going to win playing safe .

Streveler still has a limited playbook and the weather didn't help a young QB. I expected more carries for Harris though but we had too many 2 and outs etc.

That said, I was still very impressed with Steveler. We knew he had the physical tools. What he showed is that he has the mental aspect needed to succeed.

No more excuses.
DM83

« Reply #202 on: June 16, 2018, 06:02:16 PM »

Store ler was great.  Lapo s play calling sucked.
The kid is a weapon,,and they have him sitting in the pocket, when in a perfect day form a run threat roll out QB, Lap has him sitting in the pocket.

Lapo screwed that up?

Can Strevlor play defence?
In Motion

« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2018, 04:28:30 AM »

I've seen a lot of football in my day, and I'm high on Streveler.
Have been since Day 1. All he needs is experience.
fuzzy

« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2018, 04:44:43 AM »

Store ler was great.  Lapo s play calling sucked.
The kid is a weapon,,and they have him sitting in the pocket, when in a perfect day form a run threat roll out QB, Lap has him sitting in the pocket.

Lapo screwed that up?

Can Strevlor play defence?
The last series Lapo needed to call QB draw or bootleg on 1st down. Then maybe pass on 2nd down. So and out on incomplete passes doomed Steveler. Otherwise the kid had a pretty good game.

Please ignore all notices until further notice.
Pigskin

« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2018, 02:38:56 PM »

QB draw, or even running AH who is money late in games. Throw A train at them, he would have had fresh legs.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2018, 05:58:32 PM »

Late in the game like that you are playing two things...the other team and the play clock  We forgot to play the play clock!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2018, 08:07:55 PM »

QB draw, or even running AH who is money late in games. Throw A train at them, he would have had fresh legs.

Disappointed they didn't make any use of Augustine in the backfield beside Harris, waste of talent and lost opportunity to leave him on the sidelines for the entire game.  LaPo needs to come up with some unexpected wrinkles to take the heat off Streveler and surprise opponents.  The Esks. didn't come close to shutting down Harris but predictably the Bombers drifted away from running the ball as the game progressed.
kkc60

« Reply #208 on: June 17, 2018, 08:19:34 PM »

Disappointed they didn't make any use of Augustine in the backfield beside Harris, waste of talent and lost opportunity to leave him on the sidelines for the entire game.  LaPo needs to come up with some unexpected wrinkles to take the heat off Streveler and surprise opponents.  The Esks. didn't come close to shutting down Harris but predictably the Bombers drifted away from running the ball as the game progressed.
I think Augustine could start returning kicks once Leggett returns so lankford can be sat
dd

« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2018, 02:59:03 AM »

Agreed. Augustine is too talented to leave languishing on the sidelines. Put him is as a wing back  and have him taking swing passes/screen passes, as well as Harris doing his thing or run a 2 back backfield, do something to get the dude on the field as he is a beast.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  

Jump to: