Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:22:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess the standings  (Read 1695 times)
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 04:43:11 PM »

The logic behind having the Riders finish low in the standings did and still does make sense- they have no offense and their defense and special teams literally won them several games. Kinda like Swaggerville...

Besides Edmonton, the guesses on Toronto were sooooo wrong.
theaardvark

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2018, 05:10:54 PM »

The logic behind having the Riders finish low in the standings did and still does make sense- they have no offense and their defense and special teams literally won them several games. Kinda like Swaggerville...

Besides Edmonton, the guesses on Toronto were sooooo wrong.

Edmonton was odd, Toronto losing RR and Wilder was huge...  and with Trestman losing the room and the front office, well...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Norm W

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2018, 05:26:03 PM »

Nobody had it right...

Nobody was even close! Its was a tough year as far as making picks, although if you look at the pick ems thread there were a few people that were pretty consistent, posting between 50 to 56 points... pretty respectable in my books.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
GCn18

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2018, 05:59:21 PM »

Nobody was even close! Its was a tough year as far as making picks, although if you look at the pick ems thread there were a few people that were pretty consistent, posting between 50 to 56 points... pretty respectable in my books.

For sure. Good year for pick'ems. Congrats everyone.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2018, 06:06:43 PM »

I don't think the schedule this year did any teams any real favours.  The heavy East vs. West first half of the season probably a hindrance the Western teams, as deficiencies in the teams weren't exposed early on due to an overall lack of viable competition from the other division, and then when those issues were exposed, there wasn't enough time or bodies to make up the difference.

As bad as the Eskimos were, reality is they were only four games out of first place in the league, and finished tied for 5th in the league overall.

GCn18

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2018, 06:16:56 PM »

I don't think the schedule this year did any teams any real favours.  The heavy East vs. West first half of the season probably a hindrance the Western teams, as deficiencies in the teams weren't exposed early on due to an overall lack of viable competition from the other division, and then when those issues were exposed, there wasn't enough time or bodies to make up the difference.

As bad as the Eskimos were, reality is they were only four games out of first place in the league, and finished tied for 5th in the league overall.

Yea...every team was a couple of missed opportunities away from changing their places in the standings dramatically. Some got lucky to have the record they have (Riders) some got unlucky (Esks). It was one of those seasons.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2018, 06:43:45 PM »

I wonder if anyone's guesses matched up with the final power rankings?  This year that almost seems like a better measuring stick than final standings.
dd

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2018, 06:58:04 PM »

Edmonton losing to Sask on a pick 6 by the defense sunk their season....totally different if they didn't throw the pick 6 and just ran the ball out and punted....oh well.... and the Argos losing RR and Wilder--these 2 guys single handedly  guided them to the GC last year, sunk them....Trestman losing the clubhouse bothers me, as he's a decent coach and the Argo lineup is full of just 2nd rate putzes who couldn't play anywhere else, and he lost THAT room??!?! Wow.....hope MT moves onto better things, he deserves better than what he got from TO, and I hope the argos get exactly what's coming to them, and that's dwelling at the bottom of the CFL standings along with montreal for years to come!!
fuzzy

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2018, 04:11:00 AM »

Just goes to show when things unravel and injuries hit teams, top ranked teams like Edmonton and Toronto end up in last place. Very fine line between winning and losing in the CFL.

Please ignore all notices until further notice.
jeremy q public

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2018, 03:10:24 PM »

EE & Sask switched places...nothing else was a surprise.

Before the season started EE looked prime to contend for 1st, and the Riders with their ?O? and Hurl at MLB looked like they would be primed for a Jones hanging.

Ironically, if Jones was still in Edmonton my bet is they finish 2nd and the Riders are last. His defence saved the Riders from going 4-14.

Nothing else was a surprise? Everybody picked Toronto for 1st in the East and they finished last.

Almost everybody picked Toronto and Edmonton to be 1st in their division, and both teams were last. That's a pretty surprising season in my book.
jeremy q public

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2018, 03:13:32 PM »

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If the schedule didn't do anyone any favours... that means it also didn't harm anyone significantly. Which means it was a pretty good schedule.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2018, 05:06:46 PM »

Not so sure why everyone was so high on Toronto. Even with Ray, they squeaked into and through the playoffs to beat choker Calgary and win it all. Then they lose Posey, so who would Ray have thrown to anyway? Was Wilder even a factor while he was healthy this year?

And, the Argos obtained who many here ordained the next great QB in James Franklin, who rode pine. I saw them middling in a weak east and they ended up doing even worse than Montreal!
Jesse

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2018, 05:20:23 PM »

Not so sure why everyone was so high on Toronto. Even with Ray, they squeaked into and through the playoffs to beat choker Calgary and win it all. Then they lose Posey, so who would Ray have thrown to anyway? Was Wilder even a factor while he was healthy this year?

And, the Argos obtained who many here ordained the next great QB in James Franklin, who rode pine. I saw them middling in a weak east and they ended up doing even worse than Montreal!

I never thought Toronto was going to be any better than 9-9 again.

I did assume Wilder was going to be more of a factor than he was though.

My wife is amazing!
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2018, 05:53:25 PM »

I never thought Toronto was going to be any better than 9-9 again.

I did assume Wilder was going to be more of a factor than he was though.

Many did, including myself. Even he himself proclaimed as much.

He had an okay sophomore season on a pretty lousy team and seems to have all but fallen off the radar, be it NFL or otherwise.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: