New Soccer Team Planned for Winnipeg

Started by Lamename, June 04, 2018, 07:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_or_die on June 07, 2018, 08:55:39 PM
Nice!

Although I would have used the same navy blue as the Bomber's past uniform rather than black, or that of the 50s throwbacks from a decade ago.

There is a reason for the colours tho.

I like it and i like footy ....ill go to games forsure.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Colton

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on June 07, 2018, 09:17:45 PM

There is a reason for the colours tho.

I like it and i like footy ....ill go to games forsure.

Always good to establish your own unique identity too.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Colton on June 07, 2018, 10:03:51 PM
Always good to establish your own unique identity too.

Agree....  I really like it.

Same sorta theme but in a diff way with diff colours.

blue_or_die

Just not a fan of black in most sports uniforms, and blue is my favourite colour. I like the Bombers' royals but was a huge fan of the navy colour (notsomuch the jersey). Sharp.
#Ride?

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_or_die on June 08, 2018, 01:55:26 AM
Just not a fan of black in most sports uniforms, and blue is my favourite colour. I like the Bombers' royals but was a huge fan of the navy colour (notsomuch the jersey). Sharp.

If you read it there is a reason for the colours.

As im all growin up im pretty sure im over the whole fav colour thing.

bluengold204

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on June 08, 2018, 04:34:43 AM

If you read it there is a reason for the colours.

As im all growin up im pretty sure im over the whole fav colour thing.

Can never be too old to have a favourite colour...

bomber4life85

So from what I read by 2026 they plan to be at 16 teams. I like the idea but my bf isn?t very hopeful because it?s the left overs that can?t make MLS or go to Europe. He figures quality will be poor. I?m not sure if that?s going to bring thousands of fans into the stands. Wade Miller expects up to 9,000 per game. Realistically what do you figure will be the average attendance? My bf figures 5k.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: bomber4life85 on December 10, 2018, 05:37:43 AM
So from what I read by 2026 they plan to be at 16 teams. I like the idea but my bf isn?t very hopeful because it?s the left overs that can?t make MLS or go to Europe. He figures quality will be poor. I?m not sure if that?s going to bring thousands of fans into the stands. Wade Miller expects up to 9,000 per game. Realistically what do you figure will be the average attendance? My bf figures 5k.

I think it will depend largely on how bad it is. My best guess is that the quality will be terrible, certainly compared to Europe and probably even MLS. It's not even the "leftovers from Europe" because Europe has a ton of leagues that vary in skill.

Theoretically, I should be in the target market, as I watch every Bayern Munich game, follow the Bundesliga and also the Premier League casually but I'm in no way excited for whatever this league is. My mind could be changed I guess, but the quality of play would have to far exceed what I think it will deliver. The sport is partially to blame, I can watch bad hockey and still enjoy it but my god is bad soccer terrible to watch. MLS is getting better but you watch an MLS game and compare it to any of the European top flights and it's night and day.

The Zipp

How many games in a season ?

It will be like the Goldeyes - hopefully the game day experience can be good, might be tough in such a big stadium.

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on December 12, 2018, 01:19:31 AM
How many games in a season ?

It will be like the Goldeyes - hopefully the game day experience can be good, might be tough in such a big stadium.

Yeah, kind of think it'll be more about the hot dogs, mini donuts and bringing your little ones. Like Goldeyes, or Moose even (which has become more of a family thing since returning compared to the only hockey in town pre-2011).

I don't have kids and am not a soccer fan, so I'm not exactly going to rush out to a game. I am also not a baseball fan but like sports in general, going to stadiums for the concessions and game day experience, and cheering for any home team, so I get out to 1-2 per year usually. I am mildly interested enough in Valour to check it out, and am happy for all those who are really into it that they have something "professional" to see. If I had kids, especially ones who played/liked soccer, I would find this a really great thing.
#Ride?

bomber4life85

So single game tickets are onsale as of today for all home games at IGF. Tickets range between 20 and 58$ for single seats. They also have mini packs available minimum 6 games for purchase too.. I with they would start at 3 or 4 games because 6 minimum is like half the season almost. I think we are going to go to a few games forsure but dont have the time commitment for all of them.

I like the fact they got John Peacock from Manchester United as their technical consultant.. He was pretty impressed with the culture of the team and how its being run so far. He said its higher caliber of soccer than he  originally expected which is nice to hear from someone like that.

unlageabbene

Hi everyone im from usa and wanted to check out everyones ride but i cant seem to find a section where everyone have dedicated a thread for their rides, do you have that section? or even have a car of the month?

Thanks