New Soccer Team Planned for Winnipeg

Started by Lamename, June 04, 2018, 07:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamename

I was hoping that multiple decades of being the football club of Winnipeg would mean something but I see the Bombers are doing the generic FC route with their soccer team.

Why hurt the branding to appease 5000 soccer fans in IGF?

Its fine to call a team SC in NA, other teams in MLS already do so and are successful brands.

I actually informed Carol the ticket manage my disappointment. She seemed to slightly agree, so they might listen if enough mention it.

Jesse

I'm going to give a big ol' "who cares?" on this one.
My wife is amazing!

gbill2004

Quote from: Jesse on June 04, 2018, 07:51:26 PM
I'm going to give a big ol' "who cares?" on this one.
Me too.  I'm not a soccer fan so I couldn't care less. 

Sir Blue and Gold

They should have named the soccer team the 'Winnipeg Football Club'. Ha.

bluengold204

Could have provided a source to said name but I guess that's ok

Darwinismyhomeboy

ModAdmin

Canadian Premier League to unveil Winnipeg's new professional soccer club.

Canada's highly anticipated professional men's soccer league is set to debut in the spring of 2019.

Speakers onsite include:

David Clanachan -Commissioner, Canadian Premier League

Cathy Cox -Minister of Sport, Culture and Heritage
Wade Miller -President & CEO,Winnipeg Football Club

300+ local supporters

Date: Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Time:
Doors open at 2p.m. CT - event starts at 2:30p.m.CT

(please enter through the Bomber Store)
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Never heard of the league!

Minor league to mls?

I do not care either
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

kkc60

I personally am not a big soccer fan but I know soccer is a great sport for kids to play and its probably one of the safest to play. So it might be good for kids to be able to see that they can go somewhere with soccer just like kids see that with football, hockey and baseball

Big Daddy

Quote from: kkc60 on June 05, 2018, 02:26:06 AM
I personally am not a big soccer fan but I know soccer is a great sport for kids to play and its probably one of the safest to play. So it might be good for kids to be able to see that they can go somewhere with soccer just like kids see that with football, hockey and baseball

Actually, drama class in school is even more safe.  But soccer at least gets kids running around.  So I guess soccer is the same as a drama class, but with a good workout.

I think I finally see the attraction to soccer...

bwiser

The Bombers were a team that played at Winnipeg Stadium and the Jets played at Winnipeg Arena.Imagination doesn't seem to be this cities sports teams strong suit.

TecnoGenius

Soccer, meh... hours of guys running back and forth back and forth back and forth back and forth.  Hours of nothing happening.  Then someone gets 1 goal if you're lucky.  And if I hear another vuvuzela in my lifetime I'm going to flip out.  Rather watch curling... but I will say it's a tie watching soccer vs watching golf.

Has the CFL season started yet???
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Big Daddy on June 05, 2018, 02:34:05 AM
Actually, drama class in school is even more safe.  But soccer at least gets kids running around.  So I guess soccer is the same as a drama class, but with a good workout.

I think I finally see the attraction to soccer...

Don't get me started on kid's soccer, going through that right now with my kids and it is torturous, **** mamby-pamby soccer Mom's trying to subvert natural selection by stifling competition and stuffing them full of oranges and watermelon after 15 mins. of tepid exercise.  Ought to ship them all off to South America and let them screw up their soccer development, maybe Canada could then qualify for the World Cup. 

Want to turn some heads, stand on the sidelines and yell "attack" at a 10 y.o.'s soccer game, they'll organize and vote you off the island right quick.  I speak from experience.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 05, 2018, 06:39:08 AM
Don't get me started on kid's soccer, going through that right now with my kids and it is torturous, **** mamby-pamby soccer Mom's trying to subvert natural selection by stifling competition and stuffing them full of oranges and watermelon after 15 mins. of tepid exercise.  Ought to ship them all off to South America and let them screw up their soccer development, maybe Canada could then qualify for the World Cup. 

Want to turn some heads, stand on the sidelines and yell "attack" at a 10 y.o.'s soccer game, they'll organize and vote you off the island right quick.  I speak from experience.

:D

Sounds like someone isn't too popular at the kids' soccer games.
#Ride?

rubanski

Quote from: Lamename on June 04, 2018, 07:47:32 PM
I actually informed Carol the ticket manage my disappointment. She seemed to slightly agree, so they might listen if enough mention it.

You realize that's Carol's job. Making you feel like she slightly agreed and are happy with her service at the ticket office.

Whoever you are Carol, I tip my cap to you today, another successful call!