Blue Bombers Forum
May 22, 2019, 05:06:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumour: NFL Preseason game at Mosaic in Regina  (Read 1347 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 07:39:34 PM »

Comparing a football game in Toronto to one in SSK?  Talk about apples and orangutangs..  Argos can't draw flies, and the game was in the Dome...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 07:50:04 PM »

On the radio they were talking about it and comparing it to when the Bills did their series in Toronto.

While getting an NFL preseason game is super cool and would do well in Sask, it's not even closely comparable to a regular season game. It's just a neat novelty.

How is it even remotely comparable? Huh

And really, why even attempt to make that comparison? The Bills Toronto Series was ultimately a disaster and then was cancelled.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
blue_or_die

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 09:04:35 PM »

How is it even remotely comparable? Huh

And really, why even attempt to make that comparison? The Bills Toronto Series was ultimately a disaster and then was cancelled.

The comparison really got ridiculous when the DJ (not sports radio) talked about how great the Toronto NFL experiment was  Cheesy

I wonder if this is the perception of the general population, though- that it's on the same level as a regular season NFL game. Good for a laugh if you're a football fan, but it's realistic that this may actually be the case
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 09:47:33 PM »

"The Bills Toronto Series: so great it was postponed and then canceled!"

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
theaardvark

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 02:19:12 PM »

"The Bills Toronto Series: so great it was postponed and then canceled!"

Was that before or after Trump tried to buy the Bills?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2019, 03:21:47 PM »

Sounds like this is gaining steam: https://www.bardown.com/an-nfl-team-is-considering-playing-a-2019-game-in-a-canadian-city-1.1279911

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
gobombersgo

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2019, 07:43:55 PM »

The Riders have said they don't want the game in Regina and the Bombers are exploring the possibility of the game being played in Winnipeg.

3DownNation has a few articles on the topic on their website.

theaardvark

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2019, 09:15:55 PM »

Could be Edmonton or Calgary too... not sure why BC place isn't the first choice.  Capacity, roof... it has all the fixings...

gobombersgo

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2019, 09:49:46 PM »

Could be Edmonton or Calgary too... not sure why BC place isn't the first choice.  Capacity, roof... it has all the fixings...
Edmonton and BC play at home that week-end.

blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2019, 02:27:30 PM »

The Riders have said they don't want the game in Regina and the Bombers are exploring the possibility of the game being played in Winnipeg.

3DownNation has a few articles on the topic on their website.

Well, so much for that lame idea.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: