Whiteout street party tickets

Started by theaardvark, May 12, 2018, 12:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

So, they let people reserve up to 8 tickets, and "sold out" quickly, and now the tickets are being scalped...

And, with no one being allowed to enter without a ticket, all the people that reserved 8 and can't even make it are going to leave it a lot more empty than it should be.

Is it better to issue tickets like this and have people not show up or worse, scalp tickets, or is it better to let people come down and be turned away if they come too late? 

I'm thinking "get there early if you want to get in" works a lot better...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

buckzumhoff

They gave season tickets in 4?s. Now tickets in8?s. Too bad. Instead of having several winnipeggers getting a chance it will be friends of friends dealing tickets . They had a better system the first time.

theaardvark

So.. has anyone invited this guy?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Only 11,000 in attendance yesterday, this ticketing idea is stupid and back firing on them.

TN please retract the ticketing idea!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bluengold204

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 15, 2018, 10:11:23 PM
Only 11,000 in attendance yesterday, this ticketing idea is stupid and back firing on them.

TN please retract the ticketing idea!

Yeah people are just buying them with the idea they might go or try and greasily sell them on the kijijis

theaardvark

Quote from: theaardvark on May 12, 2018, 12:45:15 AM
So, they let people reserve up to 8 tickets, and "sold out" quickly, and now the tickets are being scalped...

And, with no one being allowed to enter without a ticket, all the people that reserved 8 and can't even make it are going to leave it a lot more empty than it should be.

Is it better to issue tickets like this and have people not show up or worse, scalp tickets, or is it better to let people come down and be turned away if they come too late? 

I'm thinking "get there early if you want to get in" works a lot better...

Well, look at that... I was right ;)

Turns out, they were letting people in without tickets anyways.  And I heard on the radio that there was a guy that took 3 tickets, and when one friend cancelled, he spent 70 minutes trying to return one free ticket so someone else could go...

People with Jets tickets got entry without a whiteout ticket, so that means there could have been as many as 42k valid tickets issued. 

What is wrong with just coming early and using hand stamps/wristbands?  And counting at each entrance.  Hit capacity, turn people away, and announce on twitter / facebook that you have reached capacity so people can turn around and go home instead of wasting their time coming late...

And with Game ticket holders having access... that's up to 15k pre and post game influx, how does that make any sense?

Lets hope they figure this out before the next game...

Colton

They should just revert to how they were handling it. If the police are worried about the security of the event, I wish they could just find some officers that would want to be there anyways to just attend the event and become available if needed should anything get out of control (Which I doubt it would).

It's really sad that this event has been essentially neutered for the WCF so far.

Jesse

Quote from: Colton on May 16, 2018, 05:47:40 PM
They should just revert to how they were handling it. If the police are worried about the security of the event, I wish they could just find some officers that would want to be there anyways to just attend the event and become available if needed should anything get out of control (Which I doubt it would).

It's really sad that this event has been essentially neutered for the WCF so far.

Most people I know prefer it now. There's actually room to walk around.
My wife is amazing!