Blue Bombers Forum
September 20, 2019, 03:12:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buff  (Read 8742 times)
GCn19

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2018, 02:02:25 PM »

Looks as if we solved the 'neutral zone trap' problem on Saturday against the Preds !  Cheesy

The neutral zone trap is only effective if you get up by a couple goals because it basically eliminates your own offence at the same time. Before the NHL clamped down on hooking and interference the zone trap was a blueprint for success because players could cheat a bit to create offence while trapping. Now you have to have body position to trap and that basically nullifies your chance to go on the attack. We didn't beat the trap last game, they simply did not have the option of playing it because we had the lead. It will be important for us to score first or at the very least never allow a two goal lead.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2018, 03:06:15 PM »

The neutral zone trap is only effective if you get up by a couple goals because it basically eliminates your own offence at the same time. Before the NHL clamped down on hooking and interference the zone trap was a blueprint for success because players could cheat a bit to create offence while trapping. Now you have to have body position to trap and that basically nullifies your chance to go on the attack. We didn't beat the trap last game, they simply did not have the option of playing it because we had the lead. It will be important for us to score first or at the very least never allow a two goal lead.

All this is very true except a few things.

They came out in the 1st and played the trap and it slowed us down. The best way around it is to dump n chase and the D needs to shoot the puck out quick. The begging of the 2nd we came out and our D started to just shoot the puck out and instead of our forwards picking it up and trying to carry it in we only had one forward looking for the puck and the other 2 got in the way of their players to slow them down so our 1 forward could gain the zone to start the cycle.

We have a ton of firepower on this team and playing the trap against us is risky. Once we started to do that we scored 3 goals in about 8 min from 3 different lines.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 03:17:43 PM by New_Earth_Mud » Logged

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Pigskin

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 05:27:00 PM »

I wonder if Buff could play MLB. Did you how he handled to grown men last night. Now he's done that to Nashville and Vegas.
DM83

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2018, 03:19:05 AM »

Yeah right.  What a joke.  Noon hour hockey Ina year or two for the 300 pd hot dog.  So pun off lubber missed the puck and its game set and match.

Let's move on to the future.

Deep six Bufff, #18, Myers, Emdstrom, Kopp, Lemieux, 
Great try, but playing the top teams, really shows their deficiencies.
Let's stop kidding ourselves, those guys are not going to help us in the future.
Package a couple and. Get some  guys who don't cough up the puck 90% of the time.
theaardvark

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2018, 01:02:32 PM »

Yeah right.  What a joke.  Noon hour hockey Ina year or two for the 300 pd hot dog.  So pun off lubber missed the puck and its game set and match.

Let's stop kidding ourselves, those guys are not going to help us in the future.
Package a couple and. Get some  guys who don't cough up the puck 90% of the time.

If you insist on making irrational rants, try to at least spell the guys names right...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Colton

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2018, 02:16:35 AM »

This isn't legible.
dd

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2018, 02:56:03 AM »

Nice post Chet, by far your best ever.

Ya, let?s get rid of Buff and Meyers, what are you blind!?!? Both are absolute beasts on the ice , crush the opponent defensively and both have contributed their fair share of timely goals.

Buff literally blows people up and man handles them like they?re children on the ice. Yes, a puck hopped over his stick on a one timer, big deal. Get over it, everyone makes mistakes out on the ice. The jets badly outplayed Vegas in the last 2 games, they just can?t buy a bounce. That bad luck can?t go on forever. This game we ll hammer them.

No way, no how either of these guys are going anywhere.
Pigskin

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2018, 02:48:56 PM »

How about getting rid of Toby Enstrom, and putting Polman in the lineup . or Morrow. Both played very good against Minn.
gbill2004

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2018, 03:26:04 PM »

How about getting rid of Toby Enstrom, and putting Polman in the lineup . or Morrow. Both played very good against Minn.
I agree with replacing Enstrom with Morrow.  But Maurice won't do it. 
theaardvark

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2018, 10:06:25 PM »

I agree with replacing Enstrom with Morrow.  But Maurice won't do it. 

He did... unfortunately he also replaced Chairot...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2018, 02:03:31 AM »

Ya, I didn't get the  Chairot move--was he hurt??  The guy was solid all playoffs and added a much needed physical presence on our back line. Meyers, Buff and Chairot knock the oppositions forwards around and that helps out our smaller D men
Pigskin

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2018, 02:46:38 PM »

Enstorm is done in Winnipeg. With Morrow, and Poolman, we get bigger and more physical. We also have a a very young talented D man with the Moose. Love to see Roslovic play with Laine and Ehlers next year.
gbill2004

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2018, 09:12:58 PM »

He did... unfortunately he also replaced Chairot...
Yep, I was at the game and was surprised he actually did it, but I liked every move he made. 
gbill2004

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2018, 09:14:31 PM »

Ya, I didn't get the  Chairot move--was he hurt??  The guy was solid all playoffs and added a much needed physical presence on our back line. Meyers, Buff and Chairot knock the oppositions forwards around and that helps out our smaller D men
Everything I heard was that he was a healthy scratch.  I think Maurice wanted to get more offense in the lineup. 
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2018, 01:50:45 AM »

I?m actually to see Niku out there year. He could be our Tory Krugg. Does he shoot the same way as Enstrom?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: