Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 07:22:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buff  (Read 3625 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2018, 06:24:27 PM »

Jet's have 20M in cap space this year. Wave goodbye to Toby and Paul. Toby is over rated, Paul isn't worth 7M per.
20M under the current cap, but it is projected to increase to $80 million, meaning we will have $25 million in space.  That will still spend the end of Stastny and Toby though. 
gbill2004

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2018, 06:31:36 PM »

Myers is signed for next year. He aint going anywhere.
I think one of Myers or Perreault will be traded this offseason.  Myers to Edmonton makes a lot of sense.

Now would be the best time to sell high on Myers, especially of the organization things Poolman is ready to step into the 3rd pairing, which I think he is.  I think we may be able to get Edmonton's first rounder (10 overall) for Myers, since they are desperate for a D-man like Myers. 
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2018, 06:52:35 PM »

I think one of Myers or Perreault will be traded this offseason.  Myers to Edmonton makes a lot of sense.

Now would be the best time to sell high on Myers, especially of the organization things Poolman is ready to step into the 3rd pairing, which I think he is.  I think we may be able to get Edmonton's first rounder (10 overall) for Myers, since they are desperate for a D-man like Myers. 

If Myers only has one year left on his deal, though, you'd have to think the draft pick would have to be contingent on him signing a new deal in Edmonton.

Although this is the Edmonton that will be paying Draisaitl 8.5 million a year  Cheesy
gbill2004

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2018, 06:59:18 PM »

If Myers only has one year left on his deal, though, you'd have to think the draft pick would have to be contingent on him signing a new deal in Edmonton.

Although this is the Edmonton that will be paying Draisaitl 8.5 million a year  Cheesy
Maybe, maybe not.  Maybe we throw in a mid-round pick to sweeten the deal a bit.  And like you say, this is Chiarelli we are talking about, and he is desperate for a D-man like Myers.  This would be a perfect asset management move by Chevy, to help ensure the long-term success of the Jets, with having a continuous pipeline of high level prospects. 
Pigskin

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2018, 12:16:12 PM »

I would be trading Trouba before Myers.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2018, 12:28:33 PM »

I would be trading Trouba before Myers.

Good thing you're not the GM, then.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Pigskin

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2018, 02:14:53 PM »

Actually if I was GM I wouldn't trade either of them. However at this point in there careers Myers is a more complete player. Trouba is also going to want a lot of money. I think is is going to be tougher to sign then Myers. 
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2018, 02:37:08 PM »

Actually if I was GM I wouldn't trade either of them. However at this point in there careers Myers is a more complete player. Trouba is also going to want a lot of money. I think is is going to be tougher to sign then Myers. 

I agree on trading neither of them. Of course Myers is the more complete player; he's four years older than Trouba and has played over 200 more games. Their possession metrics are pretty similar, as well as their average production per game, but Trouba is the better player defensively. Trouba will want a good contract, which is what you give to a top pairing shutdown defenseman. He and Morrissey will anchor the Jets' blue line for years to come.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
theaardvark

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2018, 02:47:14 PM »

Its a game of dominoes... Enstrom's contract transfers to the next player (likely Trouba), Myers' goes to Morrissey after his bridge, Buff's to Niku...  

Cap management is a tough deal...  total D spending should be about 32% ($24 mil) of the cap, and we are at $20mil with Buff, Kulikov, Myers, Niku and Chiarot only signed.  That leaves $5-6 mil for Trouba, Morrissey, Poolman.  And we have $2.4mil in Stanley, Green and Nogier (does that count against the cap?).  Any more than 32% means we have to trim from the forwards budget...

Chevy's cap guy is going to start earning his pay this year...  going from a budget team to a cap team is tough...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jockitch

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2018, 03:48:58 PM »

Not sure why these thoughts about Jet moves & $$ spent are not over with the Jet discussion vs this Buff topic.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
Pigskin

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2018, 06:16:16 PM »

Chevy is as shape a samurai sword, he will figure it out.
jets4life

« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2018, 07:54:44 PM »

20M under the current cap, but it is projected to increase to $80 million, meaning we will have $25 million in space.  That will still spend the end of Stastny and Toby though. 

Toby is not coming back, regardless. His wife already thanked Winnipeg for their time here on social media, and they are more than likely returning to Sweden.  If I was Chevy, I would look into trading either Myers or Perreault.  If we sign Trouba, that will mean we have 3 RHD making over $5 million/year.  We need to free up salary space to sign Morrissey, Hellebuyck, Connor, and Laine.  Perreault may become expendable, now that the Jets are loaded with offensive talent and prospects.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2018, 10:06:32 PM »

Not to mention Perrault is hurt a lot. We do not need him and his fee.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2018, 02:26:11 AM »

No way would I trade Myers. He?s a big body defenseman who keeps opposition forwards honest out there for the likes of morrisey, plus he contributes his fair share offensively.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2018, 11:41:36 PM »

No way would I trade Myers. He?s a big body defenseman who keeps opposition forwards honest out there for the likes of morrisey, plus he contributes his fair share offensively.

Love to here Trouba news anytime soon.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: