Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 07:21:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buff  (Read 3624 times)
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 07:33:17 PM »

I normally write him off as being senile and on TV still for nostalgic reasons, and mostly get a good chuckle from his old man-ness. However, him saying that really bugged me. There's a difference between calling out a player because they made a dirty play/hit, but Cherry was calling Laine a dummy for his play in that game. Completely uncalled for. Pick on an underperforming vet who's playing golf right now, not a 20 year old, Richard-runner up in the most exciting series in the playoffs.

Yeah, his senile rambling gets tired fast. And he seems to enjoy targeting non-Canadian players. Laine is 20 years old, for goodness sake.

Ya really gotta feel for Ron MacLean at times during Coach's Corner.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
bluengold204

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 07:33:21 PM »

I also didn't like how he doesnt even try to pronounce a players name....he just makes Rod do it all the time.....he did it with Laine last night.

Lol maybe you should ask for assistance with names... it's Ron
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 08:14:59 PM »

Lol maybe you should ask for assistance with names... it's Ron

Oops.....thanks for the assistance.
Pigskin

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 12:34:01 PM »

The Jets looked like they ran out of gas half way through the first period. Start time can it be that big of a factor.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 12:46:38 PM »

The Jets looked like they ran out of gas half way through the first period. Start time can it be that big of a factor.

I think the rule is the Jets lay one stinker per series. Remember when we were SLAUGHTERED by Minnesota (who now looks very tame compared to Nashville) in Game 3?

But remember what happened after that...
theaardvark

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2018, 12:48:55 PM »

I think the rule is the Jets lay one stinker per series. Remember when we were SLAUGHTERED by Minnesota (who now looks very tame compared to Nashville) in Game 3?

But remember what happened after that...

Yup... time for a Hellebuyck "bonce back" game, and a solid road effort by everyone else.  We don't want to have to win game 7 in Nash...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2018, 12:55:59 PM »

I think the Predators just locked it down after that Hartmann goal and the Jets just didn't adjust (for whatever reason) as the game continued. They didn't look sharp, fast, or focused for long stretches last night. I don't think the start time played a factor, though.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
bluengold204

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 02:15:27 PM »

I think the Predators just locked it down after that Hartmann goal and the Jets just didn't adjust (for whatever reason) as the game continued. They didn't look sharp, fast, or focused for long stretches last night. I don't think the start time played a factor, though.

Yup preds did an outstanding job of locking it down defensively.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 02:20:22 PM »

Yup preds did an outstanding job of locking it down defensively.

Looked like the 90s NJ Devils clogging up the ice, namely in the neutral zone, and the Jets had no answer. Embarrassed

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2018, 03:07:59 PM »

Looked like the 90s NJ Devils clogging up the ice, namely in the neutral zone, and the Jets had no answer. Embarrassed
Jets will need to do more dump and chase next game to counter the trap.  Poor in-game adjustments by Maurice last night.  We got out coached, plain and simple. 
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2018, 03:25:49 PM »

Jets will need to do more dump and chase next game to counter the trap.  Poor in-game adjustments by Maurice last night.  We got out coached, plain and simple. 

We couldn't get a forecheck to save our lives. You could see us marking the puck up to their blue line and knocking it in, only to have Nashville regain possession and bring it right back. Definitely a big part of our struggles. When on point, their D combined with Rinne (elite), really is the best in the league at what they do.
dd

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2018, 11:23:14 PM »

Bang on. Preds were clogging things up when the Jets hit the blue line, and outmanning us, making it difficult to get the offense going---so dump it in and get a forecheck going, it isn't hard to figure out.

They'll come out flying tonight.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2018, 11:25:36 PM »

I said before the first round coaching might be a problem for the jets.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2018, 11:46:56 PM »

I said before the first round coaching might be a problem for the jets.

What would make you say that?

Seems odd anyone would say that.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:56:25 PM by New_Earth_Mud » Logged

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
PloenFan

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 11:43:31 PM »

Looks as if we solved the 'neutral zone trap' problem on Saturday against the Preds !  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: