Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 07:23:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buff  (Read 3628 times)
Pigskin

« on: May 02, 2018, 01:10:49 PM »

Has turned it up a couple of notches. He is playing like a man with a purpose.
Jesse

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 02:50:48 PM »

Has turned it up a couple of notches. He is playing like a man with a purpose.

Listen to Maurice talk and he'll tell you Buff has bee lights out all year, the goals simply weren't there.

But simply based on the eye test, Buff does look like he's turned it up a notch. I was really against re-upping him when we did - for as long as we did - but I'm eating those words now. He's a huge part of what we're doing.

My wife is amazing!
Stretch

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 03:07:44 PM »

To me it seems like he's playing a little smarter (not taking as many risks), and now that's starting to pay off on the stat sheet.

Fortunately for us (and unfortunately for Viktor Arvidsson  Wink) he's cranked up the physical play as well.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 03:18:47 PM »

He's being everything I knew he always could be.

He was great all year and a completely different player in these playoffs.
theaardvark

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 03:39:33 PM »

Whether its ragdolling 2 opponents in a scrum, flattening someone trying to check him, one handing the wraparound, or sniping a goal from Laine's office... Buff has been pretty special these playoffs. 

He's built for playoff hockey.  This is his game.  No 3 on 3 overtimes.  Battle til you win.  That's Buff.

When he's good, he's unstoppable.  Just hope they don't get him off his game...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 04:53:44 PM »

no chance he gets off his game, he is a man possessed right now!!!
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 05:01:30 PM »

Anyone else catch Don Cherry calling buff a dummy last night. I thought it was a pretty rude comment and very unprofessional.
Stretch

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 05:09:18 PM »

Anyone else catch Don Cherry calling buff a dummy last night. I thought it was a pretty rude comment and very unprofessional.

Apparently you've never heard Don Cherry speak before....  Roll Eyes

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 05:11:51 PM »

I stopped watching him ten years ago.....watched him a couple times the past couple of weeks. He is a bigger joke now than he ever was.
gbill2004

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 05:12:20 PM »

Exactly.  Pretty much every Coaches Corner is entirely rude and unprofessional commentary from Don Cherry.  That's his schtick.    
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 05:39:51 PM »

Lol.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
bomb squad

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 05:50:46 PM »

I stopped watching him ten years ago.....watched him a couple times the past couple of weeks. He is a bigger joke now than he ever was.

Called Laine, a 19 year old kid,  a dummy too last game. Real classy Don.
Jesse

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 06:03:00 PM »

That's probably the least problematic thing Cherry does. Sometimes the players are idiots, I don't mind that he calls them out.

I just hate his incoherent rants where he can't follow his own train of thought, much less communicate to viewers what he's talking about.

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2018, 07:18:10 PM »

I normally write him off as being senile and on TV still for nostalgic reasons, and mostly get a good chuckle from his old man-ness. However, him saying that really bugged me. There's a difference between calling out a player because they made a dirty play/hit, but Cherry was calling Laine a dummy for his play in that game. Completely uncalled for. Pick on an underperforming vet who's playing golf right now, not a 20 year old, Richard-runner up in the most exciting series in the playoffs.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2018, 07:28:19 PM »

I normally write him off as being senile and on TV still for nostalgic reasons, and mostly get a good chuckle from his old man-ness. However, him saying that really bugged me. There's a difference between calling out a player because they made a dirty play/hit, but Cherry was calling Laine a dummy for his play in that game. Completely uncalled for. Pick on an underperforming vet who's playing golf right now, not a 20 year old, Richard-runner up in the most exciting series in the playoffs.

I also didn't like how he doesnt even try to pronounce a players name....he just makes Rod do it all the time.....he did it with Laine last night.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 07:33:17 PM »

Yeah, his senile rambling gets tired fast. And he seems to enjoy targeting non-Canadian players. Laine is 20 years old, for goodness sake.

Ya really gotta feel for Ron MacLean at times during Coach's Corner.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
bluengold204

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 07:33:21 PM »

I also didn't like how he doesnt even try to pronounce a players name....he just makes Rod do it all the time.....he did it with Laine last night.

Lol maybe you should ask for assistance with names... it's Ron
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 08:14:59 PM »

Lol maybe you should ask for assistance with names... it's Ron

Oops.....thanks for the assistance.
Pigskin

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 12:34:01 PM »

The Jets looked like they ran out of gas half way through the first period. Start time can it be that big of a factor.
blue_or_die

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 12:46:38 PM »

The Jets looked like they ran out of gas half way through the first period. Start time can it be that big of a factor.

I think the rule is the Jets lay one stinker per series. Remember when we were SLAUGHTERED by Minnesota (who now looks very tame compared to Nashville) in Game 3?

But remember what happened after that...
theaardvark

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2018, 12:48:55 PM »

I think the rule is the Jets lay one stinker per series. Remember when we were SLAUGHTERED by Minnesota (who now looks very tame compared to Nashville) in Game 3?

But remember what happened after that...

Yup... time for a Hellebuyck "bonce back" game, and a solid road effort by everyone else.  We don't want to have to win game 7 in Nash...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2018, 12:55:59 PM »

I think the Predators just locked it down after that Hartmann goal and the Jets just didn't adjust (for whatever reason) as the game continued. They didn't look sharp, fast, or focused for long stretches last night. I don't think the start time played a factor, though.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
bluengold204

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 02:15:27 PM »

I think the Predators just locked it down after that Hartmann goal and the Jets just didn't adjust (for whatever reason) as the game continued. They didn't look sharp, fast, or focused for long stretches last night. I don't think the start time played a factor, though.

Yup preds did an outstanding job of locking it down defensively.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 02:20:22 PM »

Yup preds did an outstanding job of locking it down defensively.

Looked like the 90s NJ Devils clogging up the ice, namely in the neutral zone, and the Jets had no answer. Embarrassed

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2018, 03:07:59 PM »

Looked like the 90s NJ Devils clogging up the ice, namely in the neutral zone, and the Jets had no answer. Embarrassed
Jets will need to do more dump and chase next game to counter the trap.  Poor in-game adjustments by Maurice last night.  We got out coached, plain and simple. 
blue_or_die

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2018, 03:25:49 PM »

Jets will need to do more dump and chase next game to counter the trap.  Poor in-game adjustments by Maurice last night.  We got out coached, plain and simple. 

We couldn't get a forecheck to save our lives. You could see us marking the puck up to their blue line and knocking it in, only to have Nashville regain possession and bring it right back. Definitely a big part of our struggles. When on point, their D combined with Rinne (elite), really is the best in the league at what they do.
dd

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2018, 11:23:14 PM »

Bang on. Preds were clogging things up when the Jets hit the blue line, and outmanning us, making it difficult to get the offense going---so dump it in and get a forecheck going, it isn't hard to figure out.

They'll come out flying tonight.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2018, 11:25:36 PM »

I said before the first round coaching might be a problem for the jets.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2018, 11:46:56 PM »

I said before the first round coaching might be a problem for the jets.

What would make you say that?

Seems odd anyone would say that.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:56:25 PM by New_Earth_Mud » Logged

PloenFan

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 11:43:31 PM »

Looks as if we solved the 'neutral zone trap' problem on Saturday against the Preds !  Cheesy
GCn18

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2018, 02:02:25 PM »

Looks as if we solved the 'neutral zone trap' problem on Saturday against the Preds !  Cheesy

The neutral zone trap is only effective if you get up by a couple goals because it basically eliminates your own offence at the same time. Before the NHL clamped down on hooking and interference the zone trap was a blueprint for success because players could cheat a bit to create offence while trapping. Now you have to have body position to trap and that basically nullifies your chance to go on the attack. We didn't beat the trap last game, they simply did not have the option of playing it because we had the lead. It will be important for us to score first or at the very least never allow a two goal lead.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2018, 03:06:15 PM »

The neutral zone trap is only effective if you get up by a couple goals because it basically eliminates your own offence at the same time. Before the NHL clamped down on hooking and interference the zone trap was a blueprint for success because players could cheat a bit to create offence while trapping. Now you have to have body position to trap and that basically nullifies your chance to go on the attack. We didn't beat the trap last game, they simply did not have the option of playing it because we had the lead. It will be important for us to score first or at the very least never allow a two goal lead.

All this is very true except a few things.

They came out in the 1st and played the trap and it slowed us down. The best way around it is to dump n chase and the D needs to shoot the puck out quick. The begging of the 2nd we came out and our D started to just shoot the puck out and instead of our forwards picking it up and trying to carry it in we only had one forward looking for the puck and the other 2 got in the way of their players to slow them down so our 1 forward could gain the zone to start the cycle.

We have a ton of firepower on this team and playing the trap against us is risky. Once we started to do that we scored 3 goals in about 8 min from 3 different lines.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 03:17:43 PM by New_Earth_Mud » Logged

Pigskin

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 05:27:00 PM »

I wonder if Buff could play MLB. Did you how he handled to grown men last night. Now he's done that to Nashville and Vegas.
DM83

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2018, 03:19:05 AM »

Yeah right.  What a joke.  Noon hour hockey Ina year or two for the 300 pd hot dog.  So pun off lubber missed the puck and its game set and match.

Let's move on to the future.

Deep six Bufff, #18, Myers, Emdstrom, Kopp, Lemieux, 
Great try, but playing the top teams, really shows their deficiencies.
Let's stop kidding ourselves, those guys are not going to help us in the future.
Package a couple and. Get some  guys who don't cough up the puck 90% of the time.
theaardvark

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2018, 01:02:32 PM »

Yeah right.  What a joke.  Noon hour hockey Ina year or two for the 300 pd hot dog.  So pun off lubber missed the puck and its game set and match.

Let's stop kidding ourselves, those guys are not going to help us in the future.
Package a couple and. Get some  guys who don't cough up the puck 90% of the time.

If you insist on making irrational rants, try to at least spell the guys names right...

Colton

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2018, 02:16:35 AM »

This isn't legible.
dd

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2018, 02:56:03 AM »

Nice post Chet, by far your best ever.

Ya, let?s get rid of Buff and Meyers, what are you blind!?!? Both are absolute beasts on the ice , crush the opponent defensively and both have contributed their fair share of timely goals.

Buff literally blows people up and man handles them like they?re children on the ice. Yes, a puck hopped over his stick on a one timer, big deal. Get over it, everyone makes mistakes out on the ice. The jets badly outplayed Vegas in the last 2 games, they just can?t buy a bounce. That bad luck can?t go on forever. This game we ll hammer them.

No way, no how either of these guys are going anywhere.
Pigskin

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2018, 02:48:56 PM »

How about getting rid of Toby Enstrom, and putting Polman in the lineup . or Morrow. Both played very good against Minn.
gbill2004

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2018, 03:26:04 PM »

How about getting rid of Toby Enstrom, and putting Polman in the lineup . or Morrow. Both played very good against Minn.
I agree with replacing Enstrom with Morrow.  But Maurice won't do it. 
theaardvark

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2018, 10:06:25 PM »

I agree with replacing Enstrom with Morrow.  But Maurice won't do it. 

He did... unfortunately he also replaced Chairot...

dd

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2018, 02:03:31 AM »

Ya, I didn't get the  Chairot move--was he hurt??  The guy was solid all playoffs and added a much needed physical presence on our back line. Meyers, Buff and Chairot knock the oppositions forwards around and that helps out our smaller D men
Pigskin

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2018, 02:46:38 PM »

Enstorm is done in Winnipeg. With Morrow, and Poolman, we get bigger and more physical. We also have a a very young talented D man with the Moose. Love to see Roslovic play with Laine and Ehlers next year.
gbill2004

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2018, 09:12:58 PM »

He did... unfortunately he also replaced Chairot...
Yep, I was at the game and was surprised he actually did it, but I liked every move he made. 
gbill2004

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2018, 09:14:31 PM »

Ya, I didn't get the  Chairot move--was he hurt??  The guy was solid all playoffs and added a much needed physical presence on our back line. Meyers, Buff and Chairot knock the oppositions forwards around and that helps out our smaller D men
Everything I heard was that he was a healthy scratch.  I think Maurice wanted to get more offense in the lineup. 
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2018, 01:50:45 AM »

I?m actually to see Niku out there year. He could be our Tory Krugg. Does he shoot the same way as Enstrom?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2018, 02:51:44 AM »

I like Chairot in our lineup, its tough to replace big and mean on your back line. I like Buff, Meyers and Chairot, big boys that keep everyone honest out there. You can see the pounding Trouba and Morrissey take when they battle for the puck, forwards think twice when going against our big 3 back there.

I think Enstrom will be gone as well, too expensive for what we get for $5 mil+...lots of cheaper, big, stronger D men that can move the puck and score....I'd go with that any day!!
theaardvark

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2018, 03:51:08 PM »

Enstrom will be replaced by Niku at a fraction of the cost. 

I see our D next year being

Morrissey Trouba
Buff Niku
Kulakov Chiarot

Poolman

If they can sign Myers or Morrow... that would be good, but I don't think they have cap space.  With the $$$ they are paying Buff and Kulikov, and will have to pay Morrissey and Trouba,  they need to have cap friendly contracts for a couple starting D, and the backups...

Pigskin

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2018, 05:17:29 PM »

Are only free agents 2018-2019 that matter are Tanev 700K, Stastny 7M, Enstrom 6M, and Stastny and Enstrom are not coming back. Myers, Wheeler, Chiarot, next year along with Connor and Laine, as RFA's.
gbill2004

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2018, 05:40:09 PM »

Are only free agents 2018-2019 that matter are Tanev 700K, Stastny 7M, Enstrom 6M, and Stastny and Enstrom are not coming back. Myers, Wheeler, Chiarot, next year along with Connor and Laine, as RFA's.
Those are the UFA's.  We've got a lot of important RFA's who are due significant pay raises. 
theaardvark

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2018, 06:48:05 PM »

We only paid a fraction of Stasny's 7mil cap hit for last year.. its not going to free up any space, or have any space for him...

New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2018, 11:36:28 PM »

Morrissey Trouba
Buff Niku
Kulakov Chiarot

Poolman

If they can sign Myers or Morrow... that would be good, but I don't think they have cap space.  With the $$$ they are paying Buff and Kulikov, and will have to pay Morrissey and Trouba,  they need to have cap friendly contracts for a couple starting D, and the backups...

Myers is signed for next year. He aint going anywhere.

Nic16

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2018, 01:50:48 AM »

Morrissey Trouba
Buff Niku
Kulakov Chiarot

Poolman

As well as Niku played this year, I have my doubts about the Jets bringing him up to the big club next year. My guess is they will give him another year to rip up the AHL. And if things are going really well at the half way point, then they bring him up for the 2nd half of the year.

My guess for 2018-2019 is...
44-8
Morrow/33
5-57
Chiarot (or quite possibly Niku right from the start)

theaardvark

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2018, 03:17:46 AM »

Wow... I thought he was UFA this year.  That's good news then.  Although that means we will have to sign Morrissey to a bridge deal to get us to the cap space that opens once Myers is gone.  But we can give Trouba Enstrom's money...

Enstrom   5.75
Trouba     3.00
Morrissey  .863
Niku         .775

Trouba       6.5
Morrissey    3.0
Niku          .775

bluengold204

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2018, 01:09:47 PM »

Wow... I thought he was UFA this year.  That's good news then.  Although that means we will have to sign Morrissey to a bridge deal to get us to the cap space that opens once Myers is gone.  But we can give Trouba Enstrom's money...

Enstrom   5.75
Trouba     3.00
Morrissey  .863
Niku         .775

Trouba       6.5
Morrissey    3.0
Niku          .775

That's implying Trouba wants to play here
Colton

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2018, 01:44:02 PM »

That's implying Trouba wants to play here

Trouba has spoken publicly that he both wants to sign in Winnipeg, and wants to sign a deal soon.
Jesse

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2018, 01:50:19 PM »

Trouba has spoken publicly that he both wants to sign in Winnipeg, and wants to sign a deal soon.

Dollars have to make sense though.

Chevy has a lot of contracts upcoming and he will have to make some hard choices.

My wife is amazing!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2018, 04:09:57 PM »

Dollars have to make sense though.

Chevy has a lot of contracts upcoming and he will have to make some hard choices.

Trouba isn?t one of them.

blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2018, 05:08:06 PM »

Trouba isn?t one of them.

This. It's a no brainer. Trouba publicly stated he's happy here and wants to be a Jet long term. He and Morrissey both need to be locked up.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Pigskin

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2018, 05:19:15 PM »

Jet's have 20M in cap space this year. Wave goodbye to Toby and Paul. Toby is over rated, Paul isn't worth 7M per.
Pigskin

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2018, 06:20:37 PM »

It would be nice to lock down Myers also.
gbill2004

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2018, 06:24:27 PM »

Jet's have 20M in cap space this year. Wave goodbye to Toby and Paul. Toby is over rated, Paul isn't worth 7M per.
20M under the current cap, but it is projected to increase to $80 million, meaning we will have $25 million in space.  That will still spend the end of Stastny and Toby though. 
gbill2004

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2018, 06:31:36 PM »

I think one of Myers or Perreault will be traded this offseason.  Myers to Edmonton makes a lot of sense.

Now would be the best time to sell high on Myers, especially of the organization things Poolman is ready to step into the 3rd pairing, which I think he is.  I think we may be able to get Edmonton's first rounder (10 overall) for Myers, since they are desperate for a D-man like Myers. 
blue_or_die

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2018, 06:52:35 PM »

I think one of Myers or Perreault will be traded this offseason.  Myers to Edmonton makes a lot of sense.

Now would be the best time to sell high on Myers, especially of the organization things Poolman is ready to step into the 3rd pairing, which I think he is.  I think we may be able to get Edmonton's first rounder (10 overall) for Myers, since they are desperate for a D-man like Myers. 

If Myers only has one year left on his deal, though, you'd have to think the draft pick would have to be contingent on him signing a new deal in Edmonton.

Although this is the Edmonton that will be paying Draisaitl 8.5 million a year  Cheesy
gbill2004

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2018, 06:59:18 PM »

If Myers only has one year left on his deal, though, you'd have to think the draft pick would have to be contingent on him signing a new deal in Edmonton.

Although this is the Edmonton that will be paying Draisaitl 8.5 million a year  Cheesy
Maybe, maybe not.  Maybe we throw in a mid-round pick to sweeten the deal a bit.  And like you say, this is Chiarelli we are talking about, and he is desperate for a D-man like Myers.  This would be a perfect asset management move by Chevy, to help ensure the long-term success of the Jets, with having a continuous pipeline of high level prospects. 
Pigskin

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2018, 12:16:12 PM »

I would be trading Trouba before Myers.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2018, 12:28:33 PM »

I would be trading Trouba before Myers.

Good thing you're not the GM, then.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Pigskin

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2018, 02:14:53 PM »

Actually if I was GM I wouldn't trade either of them. However at this point in there careers Myers is a more complete player. Trouba is also going to want a lot of money. I think is is going to be tougher to sign then Myers. 
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2018, 02:37:08 PM »

Actually if I was GM I wouldn't trade either of them. However at this point in there careers Myers is a more complete player. Trouba is also going to want a lot of money. I think is is going to be tougher to sign then Myers. 

I agree on trading neither of them. Of course Myers is the more complete player; he's four years older than Trouba and has played over 200 more games. Their possession metrics are pretty similar, as well as their average production per game, but Trouba is the better player defensively. Trouba will want a good contract, which is what you give to a top pairing shutdown defenseman. He and Morrissey will anchor the Jets' blue line for years to come.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
theaardvark

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2018, 02:47:14 PM »

Its a game of dominoes... Enstrom's contract transfers to the next player (likely Trouba), Myers' goes to Morrissey after his bridge, Buff's to Niku...  

Cap management is a tough deal...  total D spending should be about 32% ($24 mil) of the cap, and we are at $20mil with Buff, Kulikov, Myers, Niku and Chiarot only signed.  That leaves $5-6 mil for Trouba, Morrissey, Poolman.  And we have $2.4mil in Stanley, Green and Nogier (does that count against the cap?).  Any more than 32% means we have to trim from the forwards budget...

Chevy's cap guy is going to start earning his pay this year...  going from a budget team to a cap team is tough...

Jockitch

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2018, 03:48:58 PM »

Not sure why these thoughts about Jet moves & $$ spent are not over with the Jet discussion vs this Buff topic.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
Pigskin

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2018, 06:16:16 PM »

Chevy is as shape a samurai sword, he will figure it out.
jets4life

« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2018, 07:54:44 PM »

20M under the current cap, but it is projected to increase to $80 million, meaning we will have $25 million in space.  That will still spend the end of Stastny and Toby though. 

Toby is not coming back, regardless. His wife already thanked Winnipeg for their time here on social media, and they are more than likely returning to Sweden.  If I was Chevy, I would look into trading either Myers or Perreault.  If we sign Trouba, that will mean we have 3 RHD making over $5 million/year.  We need to free up salary space to sign Morrissey, Hellebuyck, Connor, and Laine.  Perreault may become expendable, now that the Jets are loaded with offensive talent and prospects.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2018, 10:06:32 PM »

Not to mention Perrault is hurt a lot. We do not need him and his fee.

dd

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2018, 02:26:11 AM »

No way would I trade Myers. He?s a big body defenseman who keeps opposition forwards honest out there for the likes of morrisey, plus he contributes his fair share offensively.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2018, 11:41:36 PM »

No way would I trade Myers. He?s a big body defenseman who keeps opposition forwards honest out there for the likes of morrisey, plus he contributes his fair share offensively.

Love to here Trouba news anytime soon.

DM83

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2018, 08:01:25 PM »

I doubt Trouba stays here.
He can demand and probably get more than the 4-5 mill or order from here.
gbill2004

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2018, 09:44:57 PM »

Love to here Trouba news anytime soon.
My prediction is $6.5 million x 6 years.
theaardvark

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2018, 10:13:09 PM »

I can see him taking a $6mil x 3 or 4 deal, and wait for his big deal the next time around... 

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: