Blue Bombers Forum
November 16, 2018, 04:02:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buff  (Read 3601 times)
Pigskin

« on: May 02, 2018, 01:10:49 PM »

Has turned it up a couple of notches. He is playing like a man with a purpose.
Jesse

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 02:50:48 PM »

Has turned it up a couple of notches. He is playing like a man with a purpose.

Listen to Maurice talk and he'll tell you Buff has bee lights out all year, the goals simply weren't there.

But simply based on the eye test, Buff does look like he's turned it up a notch. I was really against re-upping him when we did - for as long as we did - but I'm eating those words now. He's a huge part of what we're doing.

My wife is amazing!
Stretch

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 03:07:44 PM »

To me it seems like he's playing a little smarter (not taking as many risks), and now that's starting to pay off on the stat sheet.

Fortunately for us (and unfortunately for Viktor Arvidsson  Wink) he's cranked up the physical play as well.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 03:18:47 PM »

He's being everything I knew he always could be.

He was great all year and a completely different player in these playoffs.
theaardvark

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 03:39:33 PM »

Whether its ragdolling 2 opponents in a scrum, flattening someone trying to check him, one handing the wraparound, or sniping a goal from Laine's office... Buff has been pretty special these playoffs. 

He's built for playoff hockey.  This is his game.  No 3 on 3 overtimes.  Battle til you win.  That's Buff.

When he's good, he's unstoppable.  Just hope they don't get him off his game...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 04:53:44 PM »

no chance he gets off his game, he is a man possessed right now!!!
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 05:01:30 PM »

Anyone else catch Don Cherry calling buff a dummy last night. I thought it was a pretty rude comment and very unprofessional.
Stretch

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 05:09:18 PM »

Anyone else catch Don Cherry calling buff a dummy last night. I thought it was a pretty rude comment and very unprofessional.

Apparently you've never heard Don Cherry speak before....  Roll Eyes

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 05:11:51 PM »

I stopped watching him ten years ago.....watched him a couple times the past couple of weeks. He is a bigger joke now than he ever was.
gbill2004

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 05:12:20 PM »

Exactly.  Pretty much every Coaches Corner is entirely rude and unprofessional commentary from Don Cherry.  That's his schtick.    
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 05:39:51 PM »

Lol.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
bomb squad

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 05:50:46 PM »

I stopped watching him ten years ago.....watched him a couple times the past couple of weeks. He is a bigger joke now than he ever was.

Called Laine, a 19 year old kid,  a dummy too last game. Real classy Don.
Jesse

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 06:03:00 PM »

That's probably the least problematic thing Cherry does. Sometimes the players are idiots, I don't mind that he calls them out.

I just hate his incoherent rants where he can't follow his own train of thought, much less communicate to viewers what he's talking about.

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2018, 07:18:10 PM »

I normally write him off as being senile and on TV still for nostalgic reasons, and mostly get a good chuckle from his old man-ness. However, him saying that really bugged me. There's a difference between calling out a player because they made a dirty play/hit, but Cherry was calling Laine a dummy for his play in that game. Completely uncalled for. Pick on an underperforming vet who's playing golf right now, not a 20 year old, Richard-runner up in the most exciting series in the playoffs.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2018, 07:28:19 PM »

I normally write him off as being senile and on TV still for nostalgic reasons, and mostly get a good chuckle from his old man-ness. However, him saying that really bugged me. There's a difference between calling out a player because they made a dirty play/hit, but Cherry was calling Laine a dummy for his play in that game. Completely uncalled for. Pick on an underperforming vet who's playing golf right now, not a 20 year old, Richard-runner up in the most exciting series in the playoffs.

I also didn't like how he doesnt even try to pronounce a players name....he just makes Rod do it all the time.....he did it with Laine last night.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: