Blue Bombers Forum
August 18, 2018, 09:32:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 64
  Print  
Author Topic: Roster moves from around the CFL  (Read 36275 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2018, 09:10:57 PM »

Someone should text him...

"We congratulate Darian Durant for a wonderful career. We are so honored that even though he truly bleed greed green, for $70,000, he chose to retire us a Bomber and not a Rider." #OnceABomberAlwaysABomber  Grin Grin Grin

I kinda did... then he blocked me...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
bluebeard

« Reply #301 on: May 17, 2018, 09:29:09 PM »

What a name that quarterback has! 
Bruce Edward Daniels Jr...??.had to look that up, but you are right.
gobombersgo

« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2018, 02:59:15 AM »

It's official:

Alouettes announce that Nik Lewis has retired

The Montreal Alouettes announced Thursday that slotback Nik Lewis has retired after 14 CFL seasons.

The Alouettes congratulated Lewis on a record-breaking career in a statement that came hours after the two-time Grey Cup champion released a video on YouTube saying the team granted him an unconditional release.

Lewis, 35, said in the video that he had already decided against returning as a player but had hoped to land another job with the Alouettes, where he played the last three seasons after 11 campaigns with the Calgary Stampeders.

http://3downnation.com/2018/05/17/alouettes-announce-nik-lewis-retired/

bluebeard

« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2018, 01:47:55 PM »

I concur with you on Thorpe....he ended up on a team loaded with great receivers.   Wonder how patient he will be with the Riders?
Wasn't Thorpe cut from the Riders earlier on this season?
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2018, 01:54:23 PM »

Wasn't Thorpe cut from the Riders earlier on this season?

Yes.
Pigskin

« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2018, 01:56:04 PM »

Nik was great, nice career.
bluengold204

« Reply #306 on: May 18, 2018, 03:17:19 PM »

I kinda did... then he blocked me...

Don't blame him
theaardvark

« Reply #307 on: May 18, 2018, 03:21:36 PM »

Don't blame him

I don't either...  I did go a little over the limit, sure, but his "I earned it" attitude, and lack of saying *why* he "deserved" to keep the SMS money, well...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #308 on: May 18, 2018, 03:51:49 PM »

I don't either...  I did go a little over the limit, sure, but his "I earned it" attitude, and lack of saying *why* he "deserved" to keep the SMS money, well...

Out of spite I listened to the latest "Piffles Podcast" which featured a Durant interview at the beginning of the show, he explained that athletes are compensated not only to play but to train during the off-season as well.  He justified keeping the Bombers $70,000 based on the training he put in prior to his decision to retire.  For all that wish to "express their opinion" to him directly he intends to attend the LDC in Regina.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #309 on: May 18, 2018, 04:16:56 PM »

CFL
‏Verified account @CFL
40m40 minutes ago

The @EdmontonEsks have announced that DL Da'Quan Bowers (@DaQuanBowers91) has decided to retire.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
theaardvark

« Reply #310 on: May 18, 2018, 05:00:43 PM »

BC Lion @BCLions

🚨TRANSACTIONS 🚨

Grey Cup champion Nick Moore officially announces retirement, while DL Mic'hael Brooks has been released. #BCLions also add four more to training camp roster

I wonder if Moore kept his signing bonus Wink

Mic'hael Brooks will fins a new home, no doubt...   wonder if he'd find motivation here...

GCn18

« Reply #311 on: May 18, 2018, 05:01:59 PM »

BC Lion @BCLions

🚨TRANSACTIONS 🚨

Grey Cup champion Nick Moore officially announces retirement, while DL Mic'hael Brooks has been released. #BCLions also add four more to training camp roster

I wonder if Moore kept his signing bonus Wink

Mic'hael Brooks will fins a new home, no doubt...   wonder if he'd find motivation here...

I don't think he was signed and if he was, I doubt there was much, if any, signing bonus.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:03:37 PM by GCn17 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #312 on: May 18, 2018, 05:29:49 PM »

The last couple of days before main TC's open and we're seeing a couple of players released or retiring.

There are probably more coming over the weekend. I don't think we're going to lose or release any vets at this time. Generally a pretty young team although Medlock did give some thought earlier to retiring.  We need one more season from him.

No more excuses.
GCn18

« Reply #313 on: May 18, 2018, 05:58:28 PM »

The last couple of days before main TC's open and we're seeing a couple of players released or retiring.

There are probably more coming over the weekend. I don't think we're going to lose or release any vets at this time. Generally a pretty young team although Medlock did give some thought earlier to retiring.  We need one more season from him.

I think in Medlock's case that his thoughts of retiring were simply negotiating tactics.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #314 on: May 18, 2018, 06:12:53 PM »

I think in Medlock's case that his thoughts of retiring were simply negotiating tactics.

Could be but he's at an age where players considering moving on with post football careers. That said, kickers are not subjected to the more physical aspect of most other players and can conceivably play longer if they choose.

I don't think we have to worry about him retiring in 2018. But I am curious to see how Menard Briere looks in TC. He might be the long term future.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 64
  Print  

Jump to: