Blue Bombers Forum
June 19, 2018, 11:15:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: Roster moves from around the CFL  (Read 22003 times)
gobombersgo

« on: April 17, 2018, 06:58:59 PM »

April 16 - The Montreal Alouettes announced on Monday that the club added international defensive backs Willy Dorcin, Tyquwan Glass, Justin Gibbons, Daniel Gray, Jeremy Jackson, Jermaine Robinson, Ross Madison, Terrence Bailey and Drico Johnson as well as international linebacker Gionni Paul, international receiver Thomas Mayo. The team also signed international running backs Jakhari Gore and Daryl Virgies. They will all participate in the team's Spring Camp in Vero Beach, FL from April 16 to 18.

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/2018/04/16/alouettes-add-13-players-roster/

TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 04:28:25 AM »

Thomas Mayo was showing promise for BB in '16, especially the first half of the season.  Then kind of fell off the radar and got dumped.  Guess they thought Denmark was better?  (In '16 that was probably the correct conclusion.)

Speaking of quickly out the door receivers, TJ Thorpe hasn't been up to much since leaving BB.  I see he's staying with SSK for '18.  Sad, he had so much promise.  If only he had had more patience I bet we would have started him over Denny in the WSF.
Blue72

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 01:46:45 PM »

Any interesting Nat players cut from Montreal today, Vonk might be as you never have enough Nat Oline men at only 27 ?
gbill2004

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 01:58:43 PM »

Any interesting Nat players cut from Montreal today, Vonk might be as you never have enough Nat Oline men at only 27 ?

Assuming we draft a Canadian OL this upcoming draft who can hang out on the PR or go back to school, we are fine for national OLs at the moment. 
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 04:18:53 PM »

Thomas Mayo was showing promise for BB in '16, especially the first half of the season.  Then kind of fell off the radar and got dumped.  Guess they thought Denmark was better?  (In '16 that was probably the correct conclusion.)

Speaking of quickly out the door receivers, TJ Thorpe hasn't been up to much since leaving BB.  I see he's staying with SSK for '18.  Sad, he had so much promise.  If only he had had more patience I bet we would have started him over Denny in the WSF.

I concur with you on Thorpe....he ended up on a team loaded with great receivers.   Wonder how patient he will be with the Riders?

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
dd

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 07:12:50 PM »

Exactly....if he had trouble finding the field with us, he'll never see the light of day behind Sask's import recievers, unless they have massive injury issues.
theaardvark

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 08:34:48 PM »

I guess Jones can pay Thorpe more on the double secret practice roster side job gig...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 09:25:42 PM »

Assuming we draft a Canadian OL this upcoming draft who can hang out on the PR or go back to school, we are fine for national OLs at the moment. 
Ive heard a rumour that the Bombers may be going for BPA in the coming draft, they feel that the Canadian talent and depth is exactly where it needs to be

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
gbill2004

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 01:45:57 PM »

Blast from the past: two-time Grey Cup champion LB Ejiro Kuale attends #Riders free agent camp 3downnation.com
Jesse

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 02:11:56 PM »

What state is his life in that he is trying again?

I feel sad now.
RebusRankin

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 03:43:01 PM »

Kuale platooning with Hurl as the 2018 Riders MLB would make so many Bomber fans happy.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 08:41:14 PM »

CFLAA @CFL_Alumni

Pierre Lavertu has announced his retirement from the CFL.  He played his entire CFL career with the Calgary Stampeders.  It was a pleasure to watch you play.   All the best!
Article by http://Stampeders.com  Staff

gbill2004

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 10:20:19 PM »

CFLAA @CFL_Alumni

Pierre Lavertu has announced his retirement from the CFL.  He played his entire CFL career with the Calgary Stampeders.  It was a pleasure to watch you play.   All the best!

That?s the draft Lavertu went first and the Bombers took Goossen second overall.
bluebeard

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 11:51:45 PM »

CFLAA @CFL_Alumni

Large turn over for the Stamps for this coming season.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 11:51:07 AM »

That?s the draft Lavertu went first and the Bombers took Goossen second overall.

Yeah, I remember wanting Lavertu back then so badly when our OL was barren . IIRC, it was the Ottawa expansion draft and they got the first overall by default (which sucked for us because we were so awful the year before and needed/deserved that first overall) and traded that to the Stamps for John Gott.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: