Blue Bombers Forum
September 25, 2018, 07:13:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stampeders Roy Finch Arrested  (Read 2300 times)
Ridermania

« on: April 16, 2018, 07:01:33 PM »

Stampeders Roy Finch Arrested - Video Attached.

http://3downnation.com/2018/04/16/video-stampeders-returner-and-rb-roy-finch-arrested-by-police-in-oklahoma/
theaardvark

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 07:12:38 PM »

Wow... that's gotta hurt.  Already had charges against him, and this added on?  Don't think he's going to be in the CFL this year... 

I know pot is not anything anyone should ever worry about.  But resisting arrest, etc... 

http://www.normantranscript.com/oklahoma/former-oklahoma-running-back-roy-finch-arrested-sunday-in-edmond/article_4079d1d6-41a9-11e8-bf54-070d7418f842.html

Finch was arrested on charges of assault and battery on an officer, resisting, and possession of marijuana.

Court records indicate other legal issues for Finch, who had a March 12 court appearance in Lincoln County on one count of possession of a controlled dangerous substance and reckless driving. He was due back in court Monday.

Kinda glad Calgary re-signed him before FA...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
the paw

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 07:37:28 PM »

12 cops to bring him down.  Looks like Edmond Police play by CFL rules....

grab grass 'n growl
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 08:21:50 PM »

Ooooh nasty! Guess pot is not legal in that state!

Why the hell was he resisting to call for that amount cop back up?

Crazy down there just crazy

Interesting to see if this effects him crossing the border when camp and games start?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 08:29:22 PM »

oh this will affect him crossing the border....he isn't going to be able to get into Canada with this hanging over him. He's done.
theaardvark

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 09:30:29 PM »

12 cops to bring him down.  Looks like Edmond Police play by CFL rules....

Lol...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 12:29:51 AM »

I hope we play CGY early in the season before Finch gets this sorted out and returns!  Makes our ST lives a lot easier.
 Wink

And, jeez, what is there some kind of pot epidemic among CFL players or something?  Why can't they all be like body-is-my-temple Stegall.  I'm very happy BB culture seems to have this under control in WPG.  MOS's influence?  Huff & the Dicker must be seething right about now.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 12:51:01 AM »

oh this will affect him crossing the border....he isn't going to be able to get into Canada with this hanging over him. He's done.

I agree. These are extremely serious charges.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 04:24:21 AM »

Does CGY get the SMS space back if Finch doesn't play?  Under what circumstances can they get it back?  I'm hoping none.  Might make teams think harder about some of these losers before signing contracts.

Finch (and DC too) can't be cheap.  Losing that cap space has gotta hurt.
GCn18

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 11:23:47 AM »

Does CGY get the SMS space back if Finch doesn't play?  Under what circumstances can they get it back?  I'm hoping none.  Might make teams think harder about some of these losers before signing contracts.

Finch (and DC too) can't be cheap.  Losing that cap space has gotta hurt.

No refunds. I love that Finch got caught now. Forces the league to take a good hard look at both Finch and Carter.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
rubanski

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 12:07:44 PM »

If they've paid him bonuses, those are gone. Every penny they haven't paid him yet will not count against the cap.
booch

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 12:28:04 PM »

be interesting to see how this plays out...if they punish Finch in regards to his issues with the pot...even tho he has other charges after his first pot incident...they can't just ignore Carter's pot infractions..which were multiple even tho he doesn't have the additional resisting arrest/assualting a police officer.
Norm W

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 12:29:56 PM »

Finch gave the cop his best move and the cop brought him down with a high (pardon the pun) single arm tackle... we should be looking into who that was and bring him into camp for a look!  He seems to have the run stopping skill our D is looking for.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
theaardvark

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 12:35:58 PM »

be interesting to see how this plays out...if they punish Finch in regards to his issues with the pot...even tho he has other charges after his first pot incident...they can't just ignore Carter's pot infractions..which were multiple even tho he doesn't have the additional resisting arrest/assualting a police officer.

The pot charges are a small issue compared to the resist and assault on a law enforcement officer charges... THOSE will not be things the league is willing to allow..

Hate to say it, but DC's legal issues are tiny compared to Finch's.  But as both may involve a criminal record, they might affect crossing the border.

I'm not a pot user, its just not my thing.  But things will be so much better when pot is fully legal in the US and Canada, and idiots learn not to try to smuggle it or run from cops.

TBURGESS

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 12:46:17 PM »

The pot charge is nothing. It's the resisting arrest charge that's the big problem. Totally different situation than Carter. I doubt Finch plays another game in the CFL.

Being right never gets old.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: