Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2018, 05:02:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greg Jones?  (Read 688 times)
Chris1982
« on: April 16, 2018, 12:02:07 PM »

Anyone know what happened to him?

Had a couple of really good seasons with Toronto and Saskatchewan in 2015 and 2016, played 1 game with Ottawa last year and is currently a free agent.

https://www.cfl.ca/players/greg-jones/159293/
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 12:46:15 PM »

Looks like he's currently a free agent after playing briefly with the RedBlacks late last season (he only dressed for a game, though). Kinda surprising considering he was pretty good in 2015 and 2016.

He was apparently coaching a high school team last year after being released by the Riders in April: http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/local-sports/emotions-erupted-for-redblacks-lb-greg-jones-when-he-got-on-field-again

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Chris1982
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 12:50:07 PM »

Looks like he's currently a free agent after playing briefly with the RedBlacks late last season (he only dressed for a game, though). Kinda surprising considering he was pretty good in 2015 and 2016.

He was apparently coaching a high school team last year after being released by the Riders in April: http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/local-sports/emotions-erupted-for-redblacks-lb-greg-jones-when-he-got-on-field-again

He was a CFL all-star a couple of years ago and pretty much fell of the CFL map.... he looked like a solid LB with a future in the CFL and just disappeared.
GCn17

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 01:05:42 PM »

He was a CFL all-star a couple of years ago and pretty much fell of the CFL map.... he looked like a solid LB with a future in the CFL and just disappeared.

He took the brunt of the blame for Chris Jones epically poor 3-4 defence in 2016.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 01:50:30 PM »

He took the brunt of the blame for Chris Jones epically poor 3-4 defence in 2016.

I wonder who they will pin the blame on this year.... Roll Eyes
the paw

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 07:57:05 PM »

Ottawa's LB situation is interesting.  They started last year with Tank Reed in the middle, K. Bass at Will and Sederius Bryant as a DI.

Bass was overtaken by Bryant, threw a fit and quit, and Jones was signed to the PR.  Kevin Brown emerged at the DI position.

Fast forward to off season, and Ottawa has not only cut Jones loose, but Tank Reed and Sederius Bryant are gone too.  Kyries Hebert (***?) has been brought in, and Kevin Brown retained.  Clearly, they were not happy with their linebacker play. 

grab grass 'n growl
SSC

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 11:51:51 PM »

Anyone know what happened to him?

Had a couple of really good seasons with Toronto and Saskatchewan in 2015 and 2016, played 1 game with Ottawa last year and is currently a free agent.

https://www.cfl.ca/players/greg-jones/159293/

I am equally surprised. This guy was a stud with Toronto and Sasky. I assumed he was picked up by Ottawa as a safety net should they lose one of their LB's to free agency in the off season.

GCn17

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 11:28:50 AM »

I wonder who they will pin the blame on this year.... Roll Eyes

MLBer helmets seem to come with a pair of goat horns in Regina. My guess is in September the shrewd move of having Hurl/Judge at MLBer will have the Jones acolytes backpedaling.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: