Blue Bombers Forum
April 23, 2018, 02:34:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheaper food ?  (Read 937 times)
Jesse

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2018, 10:32:31 AM »

IMO, and we certainly have a wide range of them across just the few people talking here (much less the thousands at the actual games), the game and beer are expensive enough. I usually don?t eat at games unless it?s an emergency (had to go straight from work and haven?t eaten since lunch) and it?s entirely because of the cost of the food.

I don?t need high quality at a football game, I need something to fill the void. I like the suggestion of the WBB partially taking over some lower-priced food options. I think basic economic principles tell us that different price points don?t cut into each other?s profits, it simply allows more people to spend.
blue_gold_84

Whiteout is coming.

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2018, 01:09:33 PM »

There was a burrito stand at IGF for the first two seasons (IIRC) but I can't recall seeing it the last two or three seasons. It was reasonably priced and pretty tasty from what I remember.

It is June yet?

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
bryan35

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 05:17:43 PM »

Do they still run out of product before half time? When I questioned why the don't have stock they told me that they are volunteers....
I try to bring my own snacks now.
drahgon

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2018, 05:20:44 PM »

My regular stops for food were either shwarma-khan or clay oven. The regular stuff from the ovation  stands was really poor quality imo. It was worth the extra buck or two to get something I would actually enjoy.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2018, 06:23:52 PM »

I have purchased food only a couple times, I think it has always been Shwarma Khan...and have purchased beer, but only a few a game when I do drink due to the incredibly high costs.
I have done the Pinnacle lounge a few times.. but that's when it's not directly out of my pocket....I think the last time the bill was around $800.
It would be nice to have a cheap "snack' for kids. Adults well they can choose to eat/drink at games if they want, but at current prices it's insane to buy a "snack" for the kids. a cheaper option for something for the kids would go a long way IMO. Why not have "kids" size slushie for a couple bucks, or something along those lines. The more kids we get there the more of the next generation we can "hook"
bluengold204

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2018, 06:33:56 PM »

I find most of the food options at the stadium to be garbage, even shwarma khan.  I like the restaurant but at the stadium it seems their wraps are smaller, as in not filled enough, and their beef lamb mixtures seems to be ground meat vs cut right off spit in the restaurant.  I am sure there are valid reasons for this but to me I am not getting the same quality as the restaurant and paying a higher price.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2018, 07:04:27 PM »

I find most of the food options at the stadium to be garbage, even shwarma khan.  I like the restaurant but at the stadium it seems their wraps are smaller, as in not filled enough, and their beef lamb mixtures seems to be ground meat vs cut right off spit in the restaurant.  I am sure there are valid reasons for this but to me I am not getting the same quality as the restaurant and paying a higher price.

Ladies and gentlemen, the definition of eating/drinking at a live sporting event. Nailed it.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
blue girl

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2018, 07:14:54 PM »

Do they still run out of product before half time? When I questioned why the don't have stock they told me that they are volunteers....
I try to bring my own snacks now.
Well there's one concession stand on the eastside 200 level that always seems to run out of hot chocolate at the first cold game.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2018, 08:30:33 PM »

Well there's one concession stand on the eastside 200 level that always seems to run out of hot chocolate at the first cold game.

Don't tell Aards Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: