Blue Bombers Forum
April 23, 2018, 02:28:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Argos  (Read 1043 times)
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 01:26:23 AM »

ideas to sell more seats (Wpg, TO, where ever)

discount the end zone seats and sell them Safeway like they used to

that will bring the families back

make student discount better and for good seats

bring back the Gov't employee discount for all games

make partnerships with private enterprise to discount / bundle tickets

continue with the family packs that include food and drinks

allow food and drinks to be brought in so that poor people can actually afford to come

All this is gone when they built it where it is.

Same as us.

They built something that was handcuffed and not sure was the best idea.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:30:40 AM by New_Earth_Mud » Logged

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 02:11:40 AM »

All this is gone when they built it where it is.

Same as us.

They built something that was handcuffed and not sure was the best idea.

None of the ideas PJ mentioned have anything to with the location of the stadium or where it was built.  They could do all of them if they thought it made business sense.  In fact some have been done.  They offer discounted tickets to my work ( not a huge discount but a few bucks off the price).  Everything PJ suggested was pricing or revenue  related nothing at all with the stadium design or location.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 03:11:47 AM »

None of the ideas PJ mentioned have anything to with the location of the stadium or where it was built.  They could do all of them if they thought it made business sense.  In fact some have been done.  They offer discounted tickets to my work ( not a huge discount but a few bucks off the price).  Everything PJ suggested was pricing or revenue  related nothing at all with the stadium design or location.

Lol  Ok

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
theaardvark

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 05:05:50 AM »

The Argos need Drake to get involved, or something else that makes them "cool". 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 08:01:02 AM »

The Argos need Drake to get involved, or something else that makes them "cool". 
I think that may be why Mitch Marner attends Argo games and they always make sure pics of him at the game are on Twitter.
theaardvark

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 11:55:47 AM »

I think that may be why Mitch Marner attends Argo games and they always make sure pics of him at the game are on Twitter.

Good start, now he needs to drag Austin Matthews along, and maybe invite Demar Derozan to bring Drake...  or drop off a bunch of free tickets at Much Music...

Instead of closing off seats, reconfigure them to a dance party pit...  or a student section and give away 3000 tickets each game to kids and teachers, and take a huge "charitable donation"...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2018, 12:00:37 PM »

Good start, now he needs to drag Austin Matthews along, and maybe invite Demar Derozan to bring Drake...  or drop off a bunch of free tickets at Much Music...

Instead of closing off seats, reconfigure them to a dance party pit...  or a student section and give away 3000 tickets each game to kids and teachers, and take a huge "charitable donation"...
Does Much Music still exist  Huh
dd

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2018, 12:23:14 PM »

Or they could donate tickets to the local youth football programs and make these available to people who are obviously interested in the game at the grass roots level. These folks are the future CFL football fans, obviously love the sport, so get them in the seats. Having tons of vacant seats speaks glowingly of the obvious disconnect the Argos have with their community.
Chris1982

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2018, 01:27:28 PM »

With the Leafs, Jays, Raptors, Toronto FC, and 4 NFL teams less than 5 hours away, the Argos are always going to be a tough sell.

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alum.
Stretch

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2018, 01:54:58 PM »

With the Leafs, Jays, Raptors, Toronto FC, and 4 NFL teams less than 5 hours away, the Argos are always going to be a tough sell.

They could always change the name of the team to the Leafs, Jays, Raptors, or Toronto FC. That might sell more tickets.  Wink

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Chris1982

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 01:57:45 PM »

Does Much Music still exist  Huh

Yes.  Channel 276 on Shaw Digital.

gbill2004

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2018, 02:11:12 PM »

Yes.  Channel 276 on Shaw Digital.
I had no idea. I used to love that channel. Is Master T still on?
Chris1982

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 02:15:29 PM »

I had no idea. I used to love that channel. Is Master T still on?

Not even close.  Steve Anthony, Erica Ehm, Sookyin Lee, Bradford How, Ed the Sock, Rick Campanelli, etc.... ALL GONE.

Much Music now is pretty much 1/3 music videos, 1/3 cartoons like Simpsons, South Park, etc., and 1/3 old movies from the 80s and 90s.

gbill2004

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2018, 02:21:52 PM »

Not even close.  Steve Anthony, Erica Ehm, Sookyin Lee, Bradford How, Ed the Sock, Rick Campanelli, etc.... ALL GONE.

Much Music now is pretty much 1/3 music videos, 1/3 cartoons like Simpsons, South Park, etc., and 1/3 old movies from the 80s and 90s.
lol Ed the Sock!  I miss all those VJs!!!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2018, 08:39:06 AM »

lol Ed the Sock!  I miss all those VJs!!!

Going even farther back... who remembers this VJ??

Not sure what this has to do with football... ah, he was from Toronto, so there's the Argos connection!  Even better: "In 1991, Gallagher was the in-stadium host of Toronto Argonauts football games at the SkyDome; he worked with a sidekick named Luc Casimiri".  Not sure I'd want to listen to him MC a game  Undecided

At the very least, a pic of Gallagher will definitely make you think "I had completely forgotten about that guy!"
(Sad to say, he died extremely young, not too surprising given his John Candy-esque stature.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: