Humboldt Broncos - Tragic Bus Crash

Started by Ridermania, April 07, 2018, 03:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

gbill2004

#BREAKING: Saskatchewan's Ministry of Justice says it misidentified one of the bodies in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash. Xavier Labelle, previously thought dead, is alive. Parker Tobin is among 15 dead. More coming.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 09, 2018, 02:54:52 PM
#BREAKING: Saskatchewan's Ministry of Justice says it misidentified one of the bodies in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash. Xavier Labelle, previously thought dead, is alive. Parker Tobin is among 15 dead. More coming.

That's awful. This is all just devastating. :'(
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 09, 2018, 10:37:36 AM
Most people seem to feel that it should be left at that and not discussed on here.  That was my only point.  I will leave it at that.

Exactly. That is why yesterday I wanted to express how classless it is to bring it up so soon.

If it was so important to know about the money then he should contact the people raising the money.....he should not be using it to troll on a fan forum such as this.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 09, 2018, 07:12:30 AM
The tone of your comment here suggests that perhaps you?ve experienced a tragedy like this one first hand, and if so, I offer my condolences to you. However I don?t appreciate the tone of your message and some assumptions you are making of the intent of my questions.

As stated accurately by others in this thread, everyone deals with these tragic situations differently, and the timing may be different for everyone. I?m also extremely saddened by what occurred. I watched the vigil Sunday night with my GF and I cried.  But I?m able to separate the emotional piece from the objective piece, which is why I ask the questions about the money and where it will go. Not from the perspective that it?ll be abused, but genuinely question what $4 million is needed for and what it?ll be used for. Do you think the money should be a free for all, and anyone affected should just take whatever money they want?  Of course not. The leaders will need to develop criteria to ensure the money is used in a fair and appropriate manner.  And I?m interested in that discussion.

This is a discussion board and it?s a valid question. There?s lots of discussion about the huge amount of money raised, and I agree it?s an amazing show of public support.  Along with that discussion is a logical question in the process of where that money will go to help the victims and their families.

You may not like the timing of my questions, but they?re valid questions and I don?t appreciate your comments or assumptions of why I asked them. I guarantee there are people dealing with those exact issues right now. I work in HR in a large organization where people have died on the job over the years. In those situations, you need to deal with the human element, but also need to deal with the logistics, and the difficult questions that are hard to deal with in such an emotional time. But they do need to be dealt with, so that?s my perspective. And if the timing isn?t right for you, I can understand that but I don?t think you need to use attacking language or make false assumptions like you did.  Everyone deals differently and the timing of their stages is also different.

I kinda thought your questions about the money were to soon also but i answered them with my opinion of what i thought the money would be used for.

The bolded part is what i find disturbing about what your saying.

Comparing yourself and your job and 1 person dying over years and 15 kids killed and 14 more in a hospital with who knows what injurys and how their lives will be affected by them is disturbing and flat out ignorant.

If you really think what you delt with is anything the same as this .....

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

gbill2004

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 09, 2018, 04:21:42 PM

I kinda thought your questions about the money were to soon also but i answered them with my opinion of what i thought the money would be used for.

The bolded part is what i find disturbing about what your saying.

Comparing yourself and your job and 1 person dying over years and 15 kids killed and 14 more in a hospital with who knows what injurys and how their lives will be affected by them is disturbing and flat out ignorant.

If you really think what you delt with is anything the same as this .... you are one messed up person dude.

Definitely not the same but similar...they are both tragedies and there are logistics that need to be considered in both cases, that cannot be ignored; that's the comparison I am making.  Anyways, I've said all I need to say here.  Asking what the money will be used for is not at all inappropriate. 

gbill2004

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 09, 2018, 04:11:21 PM
Exactly. That is why yesterday I wanted to express how classless it is to bring it up so soon.

If it was so important to know about the money then he should contact the people raising the money.....he should not be using it to troll on a fan forum such as this.
I had discussion with friends over the weekend, who actually brought this subject up when we were talking about all the money raised, and we were able to have a mature discussion about it, unlike some of you on here who are flying off the handle getting offended and making personal attacks, which I find is quite classless. 

Like I said earlier, I'm done talking about the subject, but if you guys want to keep the conversation going, I will certainly defend myself if needed. 

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 09, 2018, 04:26:01 PM
Definitely not the same but similar...they are both tragedies and there are logistics that need to be considered in both cases, that cannot be ignored; that's the comparison I am making.  Anyways, I've said all I need to say here.  Asking what the money will be used for is not at all inappropriate. 

It's not innapproriate if it's asked in the right place and to the people that can answer the question. That place ain't here.

gbill2004

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 09, 2018, 04:31:38 PM
It's not innapproriate if it's asked in the right place and to the people that can answer the question. That place ain't here.
This is a discussion board...we discuss things. That's like saying we can't discuss anything unknown about the Bombers...we have to go directly to coach O'Shea for the exact answers. 

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 09, 2018, 04:26:01 PM

Just as i thought.  

Its not similar at all.

If you think it is i say you get a hold of these people and familys and tell them you work in HR in a big company and you delt with a person dying on the job over the years and you understand exactally what they are going through. Oh and while your at it start questioning them about the money and where it will go. And you might as well ask them whats happening about the rest of the playoffs.

See what they have to say.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

ModAdmin

This thread is being locked.  It is unfortunate that the discussion regarding money is being continued and the money discussion continues to be justified. 

My condolences to the families, friends, team mates and the Humboldt community for their losses and the trauma they are going through.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden