Humboldt Broncos - Tragic Bus Crash

Started by Ridermania, April 07, 2018, 03:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris1982

The Zipp

This is a terrible, terrible tradgedy. Those poor families  - cannot imagine what they are going through. All three of our kids are in the age range that was on that bus...heartbreaking event.

blue_or_die

Awful, awful, awful. Thoughts and prayers to all those affected.
#Ride?

Pigskin

Terrible. Just watch the presser from Humboldt. A lot of people are broken.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Its a tragic thing, especially for a group so young.  Devastating for the community, even for the survivors, the feeling of guilt that they lived when their friends did not...  senseless loss of life, I'm sure we will find out more on why and how, but that doesn't matter, really.  The community, province and country will rally behind and give support.

But the support network is there, no doubt there will be something on HNIC, Don Cherry will obviously say something, other teams are adding their voices, local hotels are offering free rooms for families coming to the scene. 

The CFL has spoken up, the Riders issued a statement praising the strength of the people of the province, and Ambroise sending love and prayers on behalf of everyone in the league.  Many players have tweeted out support as well. 

There is a "Go Fund Me" page set up...  I donated already, if everyone here matched or beat my $20, it would help hit that goal...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Wow... jets are wearing "Broncos" nameplates tonight, and every team is donating $25k... and the 50/50 proceeds from tonight's game...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on April 07, 2018, 10:50:19 PM
Wow... jets are wearing "Broncos" nameplates tonight, and every team is donating $25k... and the 50/50 proceeds from tonight's game...
Jets and Blackhawks have Broncos nameplates.

dd

Classy move and touching pregame by both teams tonight.

gbill2004

Apparently the driver of the semi ran a stop sign and t-boned the bus. Driver of the semi is not injured. The intersection is apparently a dangerous one, and a family of 5 was killed there about 20 years ago.

Bond

theaardvark

Wow... go fund me is over $3.3 million dollars... 

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on April 08, 2018, 04:04:48 PM
Wow... go fund me is over $3.3 million dollars... 

Good cause but what exactly do they need this money for? 

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 08, 2018, 04:06:17 PM
Good cause but what exactly do they need this money for? 

If you think it's a good cause ain't that reason enough ?

gbill2004

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 08, 2018, 04:12:01 PM
If you think it's a good cause ain't that reason enough ?
I mean like it?s a good nice thing to do, but what do they need the money for?  Where is the $3.3 million going to go? Is it just money to make the families feel better?  They won?t have medical expenses because we live in Canada. What exactly is the money for?