Blue Bombers Forum
September 25, 2018, 11:09:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: McDuffie  (Read 2514 times)
BlueInCgy

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 02:46:57 PM »

Stangby is interesting too. 

That was my first thought as well when I saw the releases posted.
Duckman118

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2018, 03:34:34 PM »

Considering the Riders are emulating a lot of the Stamps model for success perhaps you should rethink that statement.  Going into the 5th season of this regime & still no playoff wins I think it?d be wise for us to use a template that works.
Sooooo aim for a crossover spot to play against the weak east to attain a cheap victory in the semi finals. Got it.

"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2018, 03:58:15 PM »

Sooooo aim for a crossover spot to play against the weak east to attain a cheap victory in the semi finals and then choke in the final minute of the East Final. Got it.

Fixed it for you. Wink

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Bond

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2018, 04:08:03 PM »

LOL Cheesy

Hufnagel took a 7-10-1 team, and as a rookie GM/HC went 13-5 in 2008 and won a championship. He also won CFL Coach of the Year. How have the Jonestown Riders emulated anything similar to what Hufnagel's Stampeders have done?

Get a grip on reality.

I was referring to how to build a team.  I never once said anything about immediate results.  Heck they even hired one of the guys responsible for the Stamps success over the years, John Murphy.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2018, 04:33:10 PM »

I was referring to how to build a team.  I never once said anything about immediate results.  Heck they even hired one of the guys responsible for the Stamps success over the years, John Murphy.

How is what Jones has done so far in any way similar to what Hufnagel has done? Huh

Mediocre to downright piss-poor drafting. Building heavily through free agency/trades, and overpaying for players. That's not how Hufnagel operates.

Murphy was a solid hire but you seem to be exaggerating the importance of it to then feebly compare on equal terms two organizations that operate quite differently.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2018, 04:47:08 PM »

Riders recent drafts have been disasterous.  I?d prefer Joe Mack being in charge of my drafts. 
theaardvark

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2018, 05:18:23 PM »

Huff trades away overpriced players at the end of a career (Hughes)... Jones trades for them.

Huff cuts players that are a locker room problem (McDaniels)... Jones recruits them (McDaniels, Carter)

And drafting.. well... nuff said.

But other than that, sure, they are twins.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
kkc60

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2018, 10:12:35 PM »

I'd rather bring in Josh Stangby  if we pick up a recently cut RedBlack
Bond

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2018, 11:08:37 PM »

Huff trades away overpriced players at the end of a career (Hughes)... Jones trades for them.
Who have the Riders traded for that?s overpriced?  Have you seen how reasonable Hughes contract is?

Huff cuts players that are a locker room problem (McDaniels)... Jones recruits them (McDaniels, Carter)
When did Huff cut McDaniel?  When did Jones recruit McDaniel?  Carter is loved in the Riders lockerroom.

And drafting.. well... nuff said.

But other than that, sure, they are twins.

Jones? drafting has been average in my opinion.   StJohn is like Ekakitie, first overall player who needs more development.  Cameron Judge looked good on teams & was starting to be inserted on the Riders defence just when he got hurt.  Bladek looked very good last year & a recent article on the Riders webpage suggests he may already be challenging for starting position.   Jones has only had 2 drafts & considering that Canadian draftees usually take a couple years to develop into starters it?s still to be determined how Jones?s draft record pans out.
Bond

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2018, 11:12:44 PM »

I'd rather bring in Josh Stangby  if we pick up a recently cut RedBlack

The last thing we need is another smaller receiver.   We need to recruit or trade for a big body type receiver to step in if Bowman gets injured or if he struggles like he did last season.
GCn18

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2018, 02:44:06 AM »

Who have the Riders traded for that?s overpriced?  Have you seen how reasonable Hughes contract is?
When did Huff cut McDaniel?  When did Jones recruit McDaniel?  Carter is loved in the Riders lockerroom.

Jones? drafting has been average in my opinion.   StJohn is like Ekakitie, first overall player who needs more development.  Cameron Judge looked good on teams & was starting to be inserted on the Riders defence just when he got hurt.  Bladek looked very good last year & a recent article on the Riders webpage suggests he may already be challenging for starting position.   Jones has only had 2 drafts & considering that Canadian draftees usually take a couple years to develop into starters it?s still to be determined how Jones?s draft record pans out.

LOL...I would bet a million dollars that there is a significant amount of players in the locker room that don't really like him. Or maybe they were just fighting him for fun last year.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn18

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2018, 02:47:21 AM »

Considering the Riders are emulating a lot of the Stamps model for success perhaps you should rethink that statement.  Going into the 5th season of this regime & still no playoff wins I think it?d be wise for us to use a template that works.

This may be the most grossly incorrect statement I have heard from you yet. There is literally nothing in the way Chris Jones builds his roster that emulates the way Hufnagel does it. Chris Jones is more comparable to Jim Popp or Brendan Taman than to Hufnagel. Jones has been, by far, the most active GM in FA the past couple years and his success rate at doing so is poor.

RebusRankin

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2018, 03:37:59 AM »

So Chris Jones takes the following players in 2016:
Josiah St John-who can't get on the roster many weeks, is a deep reserve at best so far and who looked terrible when he plays first overall
Elie Bouka-Currently with the Eagles
Quinn Van Gylswyk- With the Als
David Onyemata- With the Saints
Alex Ogbongbemiga-With BC
Alex McKay-Not in the CFL
Joshua Stanford-With the team

So two guys with the team.

Cameron Judge-Ster
Bladek-Played, looked overwhelmed
Auclair-NFL
Eddie Meridith-meh
Picton-depth wr
Sprukulis-meh

Look up Calgary the past two years, Migs, oh I mean Bond and tell us again how Jones is following the Calgary plan.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2018, 03:49:53 AM »

Maybe because he's the team's official weed supplier?  Always smuggling the good stuff up from the USA.  Cheesy

One more time, DC... does Canada have a "three strikes" law?  Bet he gets extra special attention every time he passes through security at YWG  Grin
GCn18

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2018, 04:03:39 AM »

So Chris Jones takes the following players in 2016:
Josiah St John-who can't get on the roster many weeks, is a deep reserve at best so far and who looked terrible when he plays first overall
Elie Bouka-Currently with the Eagles
Quinn Van Gylswyk- With the Als
David Onyemata- With the Saints
Alex Ogbongbemiga-With BC
Alex McKay-Not in the CFL
Joshua Stanford-With the team

So two guys with the team.

Cameron Judge-Ster
Bladek-Played, looked overwhelmed
Auclair-NFL
Eddie Meridith-meh
Picton-depth wr
Sprukulis-meh

Look up Calgary the past two years, Migs, oh I mean Bond and tell us again how Jones is following the Calgary plan.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. His drafting of players is poor, he builds his team primarily through FA and not recruitment, has zero continuity and extremely high player turnover, and has a reputation around the league of treating vets shabbily and not being a man of his word. Yea that sounds a lot like Hufnagel. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:05:21 AM by GCn17 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: