TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxhound

God **** it all to hell! All the talk this week was about Nathan Rourke starting. And just yesterday morning the Lions posted a depth chart with Rourke as the starter. I'm now furious at both the Lions and the fact that I dozed off in the armchair and turned on the radio too late to modify my roster. I only learned of the switch at 6:27 Vancouver time and I didn't want to make changes for fear I'd be shut out and left with a blank spot or even two in my roster. And I was so hoping that all my disastrous picks this year would be due to decision making mistakes instead of some foul up. ****!!!

>:(
Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

I thought with MR not starting CGY D would rip BC a new one.  But last minute change and my CGY D pick was a horrible choice.  Now the BC D, that was the cheap pick of the week!

I feel sorry for anyone who picked BLM, or Rourke.
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

Well we're only five weeks in and it's still early, but points do indeed seem tougher to get. Eighty points in a week so far this year is excellent.

:-\
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 13, 2021, 11:01:36 AMI feel sorry for anyone who picked BLM, or Rourke.

I feel sorry for anyone who picked any Stampeders for the game in Hamilton in Week Seven ... particularly me!

:'(
Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

This is sure a weird week for fantasy.  So many usual suspects are red-cross injured.  Only 3 games mean 3 teams worth of great players are excluded.  The only "gimme game" (vs OTT) is being QBd by a won't-throw QB, and the normal gunslingers are up against very good Ds.

I think the most creative fantasy pickers thinking outside the box and taking chances will win this week.  My roster certainly looks completely unlike my normal MO.
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

We still need more members for Old Stone Face to honour the legendary Bud Grant!

:)

And why does this forum now hate IMAGE links?

Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 21, 2021, 08:52:13 PMI think the most creative fantasy pickers thinking outside the box and taking chances will win this week.  My roster certainly looks completely unlike my normal MO.

I have four "players" on my roster this week that I'm picking for the first time this year plus two that are only the second.

:-\

Radically Canadian!

DCM

This week is tough.. QB1 and RB1 almost cost you about $18K. Went with couple RB2s instead and put $ into WRs.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

TecnoGenius

I'm hoping to use this week to catch up to all you leaders.  My early-season fantasy picks were pretty horrific.  Odds are I'll just have another 50 points week  :'( :'( :'( >:( >:( :o
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

Bloody hell! Last week I regretted stepping out of the gate with two Stampeders; this week it's picking two Tiger-Cats that has left me behind the eight ball.

Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Foxhound on September 23, 2021, 04:50:23 PM
Bloody hell! Last week I regretted stepping out of the gate with two Stampeders; this week it's picking two Tiger-Cats that has left me behind the eight ball.

Don't feel bad, I had Bennett as RB then HAM puts in STE at the last second and screws me over.  I hate these roster shenanigans and playing coy/switcheroo.  Makes fantasy very difficult unless you watch all the social media for what the last minute changes are... I'm far too busy to dedicate my life to fantasyfootball.  ;D

Oh ya, I guess if you really want to win at FF you need to watch the weather too.
Never go full Rider!

the paw

Quote from: Foxhound on September 23, 2021, 04:50:23 PM

Preach it brother....

i picked Acklin and Papi White this week.  :(   On the plus side, the TiCats D did okay for me. 
grab grass 'n growl

TecnoGenius

I'm wondering about "game time decision" (GTD) players.  Both M.Reilly and Burnham are marked as GTD.  Both would be awful to pick for huge bucks and then find out they were benched.

When are these finalized/announced?

Where do I get the info?

When is the cutoff for changing fantasy picks?

Is it worth the risk?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Yikes!  I'm already screwed by late scratch of TOR's Rogers.  There goes big $$ and points.  He was on the depth chart and not listed as questionable.

Is there a place to get all this updated info before the game starts??

I bet my BC picks will not start too, at this rate  :o :o :o :'( :'( :'( :'(

Argh, I'm dyin' here!
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 24, 2021, 07:54:53 PMI'm wondering about "game time decision" (GTD) players.  Both M.Reilly and Burnham are marked as GTD.  Both would be awful to pick for huge bucks and then find out they were benched.

When are these finalized/announced?

Sixty to thirty minutes before game time.

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 24, 2021, 07:54:53 PMWhere do I get the info?

Tune into the pre-game shows on each team's respective radio broadcasts on your computer. For the British Columbia Lions it's AM730. Typically the radio broadcasts are better than the TSN TV coverage.

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 24, 2021, 07:54:53 PMWhen is the cutoff for changing fantasy picks?

The start time to the second for each game listed on the CFL site. For today's Roughriders-Lions tilt it was 10:30 PM EDT.

:)

Radically Canadian!