TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue girl

You know that you've had a bad week when Andrew Harris has your lowest points. I too had Ambles but I read somewhere that he was going to be out so I changed him to Dominic Rhymes.

66 Chevelle

Quote from: blue girl on August 18, 2019, 07:24:30 PM
You know that you've had a bad week when Andrew Harris has your lowest points. I too had Ambles but I read somewhere that he was going to be out so I changed him to Dominic Rhymes.

yeah, had 2 big dollar running backs this week, Gable and Harris... both let me down... lol

on the 'central place' to see line ups... if you go to the CFL site and in the banner across the top that has this weeks games, you can click on the Game Tracker in each and they will have each team's depth chart for that game... you have to make four clicks but at least the info is there...
just because you can doesn't mean you should...

blue girl

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on August 18, 2019, 09:45:14 PM
yeah, had 2 big dollar running backs this week, Gable and Harris... both let me down... lol

on the 'central place' to see line ups... if you go to the CFL site and in the banner across the top that has this weeks games, you can click on the Game Tracker in each and they will have each team's depth chart for that game... you have to make four clicks but at least the info is there...
Thanks. I will definitely start using this.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on August 18, 2019, 09:45:14 PM

I'm pretty sure I've tried that before and found they have no depth charts until too late, like after the game.  Have you found otherwise?  Have you actually seen a depth chart on that site for a game 24+ hours before it starts?  I'm pretty sure the teams have to release the chart 48 hours before, right?  Ideally there would be a site that has the charts up right when they come out (maybe a few hours late).

Which of the sub-options is the chart under: matchup, preview, box score?
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

So I stumbled out of the gate last week with a pathetic 9.9 points for my total investment of $13,480 in Andrew Harris and Kenny Lawler on Thursday evening. Meanwhile the Blue Bomber Defence which I didn't have notched 22 points. Friday's game between the Eskimos and the Argonauts left me in yet deeper gloom as the much vaunted Eskimo Defence which I had netted me a whopping 4 points while I had neither of the two best picks, Trevor Harris with his 42.1 points or Greg Ellingson with his 39 points.

The rest of my picks were actually quite good though. And late Saturday my $6054 investment in Nick Arbuckle turned into a whopping 31.6 points!

So after a woeful start I ended up breaking 100 which was my second best week this year!

8)
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2019, 03:19:24 AM
I'm pretty sure I've tried that before and found they have no depth charts until too late, like after the game.  Have you found otherwise?  Have you actually seen a depth chart on that site for a game 24+ hours before it starts?  I'm pretty sure the teams have to release the chart 48 hours before, right?  Ideally there would be a site that has the charts up right when they come out (maybe a few hours late).

Which of the sub-options is the chart under: matchup, preview, box score?

Late in the afternoon on the day before the game click on the game in the banner running across the top of the CFL's site. Then click on the Game Notes rectangle which shows up the day before the game. Finally click on each team's Depth Chart. Like I say, these Depth Charts are typically up late in the afternoon the day before the game.

:)
Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Foxhound on August 20, 2019, 06:02:31 PM
Late in the afternoon on the day before the game click on the game in the banner running across the CFL's site. Then click on the Game Notes rectangle which shows up the day before the game. Finally click on each team's Depth Chart. Like I say, these Depth Charts are typically up late in the afternoon the day before the game.

Thanks so much for all the info!  I'm definitely going to check that out from now on...

You shouldn't have told me!  Now I'm gonna catch ya!!  ;) ;) :D :D
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

Incidentally if some of you are tired of competing against the same old names in various Blue Bomber themed sub-Leagues, here are a few more sub-Leagues I've created in honour of other CFL all-time greats:

Chester's Cookies (for fans of Cookie Gilchrist)

China Clippers (for fans of Normie Kwong)

Dick's Shadow (for fans of Dick Shatto)

Ol' Spaghetti Legs (for fans of Jackie Parker)

Pinball Wizards (for fans of Mike Clemons and pinball machines)

The Wisp! (for fans of Willie Fleming)

Larks (for old time Alouette fans)

London Lords (for old-time ORFU loyalists and those from London)

It's not too late to join and these Leagues are all still begging for more members!

Incidentally I don't get any Fantasy point credits for inducing people to join the Leagues I've set up. The reason I've been beating the drum trying to get more membership for all these Leagues is just because. It's frustrating and disheartening to set up a cool sounding League and getting next to nobody joining. So please join!

8)
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Each and every week my most basic underlying objective is to get double digit production from each and every pick. It's very tough to do though and I think I've managed that trick only once in the past three years earlier this season. Well I came awfully close again this past week:

John White IV was going like gang busters with 53 yards on four carries and one reception for 23 yards, but didn't make it to the end of the first quarter. He limped off with an injury after being tackled and never made it back.

Oh well. Try, try, again!

:-\
Radically Canadian!

Donny C

I took a lot of Sask players this coming week, it should mean they play poor and WPG wins...it worked last week when I picked a bunch of Edmonton players for the same reason.

66 Chevelle

I've hit double digits on my entire team twice this year... but I don't usually pick a defense either... but I still scored 126.3 one weeks with just 6 players though... and over 100 pts 4 times...

Foxhound

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on August 27, 2019, 09:31:32 PMI've hit double digits on my entire team twice this year... but I don't usually pick a defense either...

That's really good. Even ignoring the Defence that I usually pick, I believe I've gotten double digit production from each and every player only once in the past three seasons.

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on August 27, 2019, 09:31:32 PM...but I still scored 126.3 one weeks with just 6 players though... and over 100 pts 4 times...

Good once again. I've gone over 100 points only three times so far this year.

Radically Canadian!

66 Chevelle

that didn't really come off the way I wanted it to, lol... I was trying to show that it is very hard to do what your objective is, hitting 7 picks with double digits... that even if you reduce it to 6 picks, it's not easily done and that you doing so even once in the last 3 years is still quite the accomplishment...

I don't think that I could pick 7 double digit winners in a week, not even once in 3 years... that is quite an accomplishment given the number of required picks and the amount of money you can use to pick them...

there's a reason why you are leading our league... much respect to your game...

66 Chevelle

Quote from: Foxhound on August 29, 2019, 03:30:01 PM

That's really good. Even ignoring the Defence that I usually pick, I believe I've gotten double digit production from each and every player only once in the past three seasons.

Good once again. I've gone over 100 points only three times so far this year.

and you are still beating me by 150 points for the year, lol...

blue newt

I don't know whether to put Augustine or Santiago on my fantasy team.   ???  And I'll be out of town, so I can't wait until the roster is published.  Arg.  Whichever I choose will be the wrong one...