TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue newt

Quote from: Foxhound on July 11, 2019, 02:25:28 PM
Either first name or last name?

???

Are there any players with the first name Harris??  ??? If so, I missed them!

Norm W

The question of the day... Go with Whitehead or put Lawler on your roster? Both are inexpensive options with potential for large returns on investment.
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

66 Chevelle

Quote from: Norm W on July 11, 2019, 06:24:49 PM
The question of the day... Go with Whitehead or put Lawler on your roster? Both are inexpensive options with potential for large returns on investment.

I've been struggling with Whitehead in lieu of Woli to upgrade my RB situation (using the cash difference on a RB)... hard to say where the hot hand may be with us this week... which you know what?  that's a good thing from a Bomber perspective...
just because you can doesn't mean you should...

Foxhound

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on July 11, 2019, 08:42:33 PMI've been struggling with Whitehead in lieu of Woli to upgrade my RB situation (using the cash difference on a RB)...

Whoops! I see you did not make the switch.

:(
Radically Canadian!

66 Chevelle

Quote from: Foxhound on July 15, 2019, 08:22:33 PM
Whoops! I see you did not make the switch.

yeah, last week was a rough one for me, to say the least... I mean I got thumped! lol...

however, I'm liking my chances this week... currently sitting 12th in one league and 13th in the other, but currently only 30 pts out of the lead... the good thing though, I still have 5 guys playing tomorrow... I think the top 6 in both of the leagues only have 2 playing tomorrow, every one else has only 2 or 3 as well except for I believe Donny, he has 4 to play, but he's only 7 pts ahead of me right now...

I don't know how many times I added and subtracted Lawler from my line up over the last 24 hours, but I'm sure glad I ended up with him on my roster... but I did screw up this week and didn't get my roster built until Friday and missed out on any Calgary or Toronto players... I would have taken BRESCACIN, he's been really solid when he's played... oh well... I feel good about my roster, all except my QB... I went with Fajardo again this week in order to make budget...  we'll see how that works out for me...

66 Chevelle

looks like this 'blind squirrel' found himself a nut this week, lol... this is so much fun, thx for including us...

TecnoGenius

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on July 21, 2019, 04:07:16 PM
looks like this 'blind squirrel' found himself a nut this week, lol... this is so much fun, thx for including us...

It is fun... but it always bugs me a bit (ok, a lot) when I pick teams (cfl pickems) and players (tsn fantasy) that I think will do well, even though as a Bomber fan I want them to fail.  Then when they fail, I don't know whether to be miffed or happy.  What's more important?  My fantasy rating or us getting the cup?

I've decided the cup is more important, obviously, but it still irks me.   :D :D

For instance, being wrong about the EDM/MTL game is great for WPG.  Bad for my fantasy picks.  Same with CGY/HAM game.

I love cheering for the underdog (i.e. MTL) but I fill my roster with EDM guys...

Well, at least this past week would have been a great time to be a "homer".  And I didn't pick a single WPG player!  First time I've ever done that in 3 years, I think.  Lawler was value pick of the week for sure.
Never go full Rider!

66 Chevelle

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 22, 2019, 07:01:42 AM
It is fun... but it always bugs me a bit (ok, a lot) when I pick teams (cfl pickems) and players (tsn fantasy) that I think will do well, even though as a Bomber fan I want them to fail.  Then when they fail, I don't know whether to be miffed or happy.  What's more important?  My fantasy rating or us getting the cup?

I've decided the cup is more important, obviously, but it still irks me.   :D :D

For instance, being wrong about the EDM/MTL game is great for WPG.  Bad for my fantasy picks.  Same with CGY/HAM game.

I love cheering for the underdog (i.e. MTL) but I fill my roster with EDM guys...

Well, at least this past week would have been a great time to be a "homer".  And I didn't pick a single WPG player!  First time I've ever done that in 3 years, I think.  Lawler was value pick of the week for sure.

I know what you mean... I can't bring myself to pick a player that is playing against the Bombers because I can't bring myself to root for the guy, lol... but I love playing it, and it really makes the other games that I would already watch, even more entertaining... win, win!  ;D

TecnoGenius

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on July 22, 2019, 07:36:43 AM
I know what you mean... I can't bring myself to pick a player that is playing against the Bombers because I can't bring myself to root for the guy, lol... but I love playing it, and it really makes the other games that I would already watch, even more entertaining... win, win!  ;D

Yes, it's kind of sad, but lately I find myself counting the fantasy points running total in my head all game long for my WRs and RBs.  My WR gets a catch and 10 yards, weeee, I just got 1+1 points.  My head-total is usually pretty close to the final one.  On second thought... maybe I should get my head examined.  :D :D :D
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

well... after a couple horrible weeks, it has lost its shine for me... the problem with these leagues I find is that if you aren't near the top, what's the use?  After week 5 or 6, it gets kinda blah if you are middle of the pack or worse...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

66 Chevelle

Quote from: theaardvark on July 22, 2019, 04:16:26 PM
well... after a couple horrible weeks, it has lost its shine for me... the problem with these leagues I find is that if you aren't near the top, what's the use?  After week 5 or 6, it gets kinda blah if you are middle of the pack or worse...

aards, that's not the time you take your ball and go home... you dig in and fight it out and try to climb back in the thing, lol...  ;D

3rdand1.5

I clearly have lots of climbing to do....

Foxhound

I've been spinning my wheels with mediocre scores these past few weeks.

One way or another I'll be shaking the coons out of the tree this coming week. Hopefully the ground's not too hard if I turn out to be one of them myself.

:-\
Radically Canadian!

66 Chevelle

all I can say is you better not let up, but I know I won't, lol... there is only reason to ever play anything, and that's to win! lol...  ;D

I could have picked up a little more ground on you this week if I haven't fooled myself into selecting a defense... I pick them, they fail, I drop them, they get hot again, lol...

theaardvark

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on July 22, 2019, 06:03:40 PM
aards, that's not the time you take your ball and go home... you dig in and fight it out and try to climb back in the thing, lol...  ;D

It can be a lot of work, and I'm not used to that for no return... ;)  OK, its not REALLY a lot of work, but enough to require a benefit to do it...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.