TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66 Chevelle

when I saw your name there I thought to myself that I hadn't recalled it in the league before... but I thought that maybe I had just overlooked it as I never considered that you could join after the season started...

I don't have an issue with it though, just didn't think about it... with that being said, Welcome to the League! and may luck be with you, just not more luck than me, lol!  ;D
just because you can doesn't mean you should...

Foxhound

We could still use a few more participants in the League I started in honour of Kenny Ploen:

Just Ploen Kenny!

Here's a selection of some Kenny Ploen cards from my collection:

8)
Radically Canadian!

Norm W

What other leagues have you created? Not having a great deal of success, at least in picking players that can get me points...
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

Foxhound

Quote from: Norm W on July 09, 2019, 04:23:34 PMWhat other leagues have you created?

Here's the complete list of the non-Bomber related ones:

Balticboys (for those of Baltic heritage)

Chester's Cookies (for fans of Cookie Gilchrist)

China Clippers (for fans of Normie Kwong)

Dick's Shadow (for fans of Dick Shatto)

Larks (for old time Alouette fans)

London Lords (for old-time ORFU loyalists and those from London)

Ol' Spaghetti Legs (for fans of Jackie Parker)

Pinball Wizards (for fans of Mike Clemons and pinball machines)

The Wisp! (for fans of Willie Fleming)

All need more members! China Clippers and Larks are particularly bereft of membership (which I think is very sad).

:(

And here is a complete list of the Blue Bomber related ones I've created:

Blink! (for fans of Charles Roberts)

Jacks and Indians (for fans of Indian Jack Jacobs)

Just Ploen Kenny! (for fans of Kenny Ploen)

Lincolns and Locomotives (for fans of Leo Lewis)

Stegall's Soup Kitchen (for fans of Milt Stegall)

:)

Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Quote from: Norm W on July 09, 2019, 04:23:34 PMNot having a great deal of success, at least in picking players that can get me points...

Actually your 371.2 point total is well above average.

And you've had only one bad week, that being Week Four when you got 70 points. But you neglected picking a WR in Week Four when you didn't seem very close to your $40,000 cap. What happened there?

???
Radically Canadian!

Donny C

I'm done picking Mathews!

So if he plays he will likely have a killer game.

66 Chevelle

Quote from: Donny C on July 09, 2019, 06:13:21 PM
I'm done picking Mathews!

So if he plays he will likely have a killer game.

that like me... pick a guy week 1, he bombs... drop him week 2, he scores 40 pts... pick him back up in week 3, bombs again... drop him for week 4... well, you get the picture... lol...

Norm W

Quote from: Foxhound on July 09, 2019, 05:34:24 PM
Actually your 371.2 point total is well above average.

And you've had only one bad week, that being Week Four when you got 70 points. But you neglected picking a WR in Week Four when you didn't seem very close to your $40,000 cap. What happened there?

???

I picked Lucky Whitehead and BC's Bryan Burnham as WR's not realizing Burnham was a scratch... collected a whooping 2.9 points combined for two WR's.... I leaned on RB's in week four, I went with three, John White, Andrew Harris and I picked William Powell as my flex pick and he came up flat, netting me a measly 6.7 points. 

66 Chevelle

I have been passing on spending the money for a defense, until last week, ponied up the money to get Ham's D and another pile of coin to get Erlington... for my money I earned exactly 0 pts... none... nada... zilch... that was money well spent!

Norm W

I generally pass on buying a "D"... I think I had one game last year were I picked one that actually provided a return on investment... the Bombers and in that game I think they picked off 3 passes, scooped a couple fumbles, my recollection was they put at least 14 points on the board.

66 Chevelle

agreed, usually money thrown away if you D... I'm back to 'no D' for this week as well... I have an interesting line up for this week... we'll see if I'm brave enough to let it ride and go with...

Foxhound

I usually go with a Defence. Quite simply, not having the $ left over for a Defence indicates that I've been sufficiently confident to blow my budget paying up for certain players. I've found that such a level of confidence is usually indicative of over-confidence which then blows up in my face. I find I do better when I'm tight-fisted and parsimonious. A "What?! No way I'm paying that much!" attitude/strategy typically serves me better.

;)

Radically Canadian!

3rdand1.5

Quote from: Norm W on July 09, 2019, 06:27:35 PM
I picked Lucky Whitehead and BC's Bryan Burnham as WR's not realizing Burnham was a scratch... collected a whooping 2.9 points combined for two WR's.... I leaned on RB's in week four, I went with three, John White, Andrew Harris and I picked William Powell as my flex pick and he came up flat, netting me a measly 6.7 points. 

I too sadly had Burnham...I guess our fault for not following close enough to know he was a scratch

blue newt

I think this upcoming week is the first time I've tried this "Go without a defense" strategy.  We'll see if it leads to a better return than last week...

I also opted for a strategy this week called, "Pick everyone named Harris".  I'm hoping my unconventional approach to pick based on names pays dividends.  (Hey, you gotta have fun with it somehow).

Foxhound

Either first name or last name?

???

Radically Canadian!