TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on July 05, 2019, 02:32:16 AM
now, not only was spending money on Hamilton's defense a waste of money, it's now costing me points as well as they are in the negative! lol...

I've picked D's that got me -7 points before.  :-\

I picked HAM too... it was a sure bet, until it wasn't.  However, my 2nd choice was WPG D, and without Biggie, that may not happen either.  Looks like if any week was a week to avoid all D's, it was this week.
Never go full Rider!

Donny C

I had Sean Thomas-Erlington. All the best in his recovery.

blue newt

Quote from: Donny C on July 05, 2019, 03:03:44 PM
I had Sean Thomas-Erlington. All the best in his recovery.

Me too :(

Hopefully he heals well and quickly.  He's a really dynamic player with huge potential.

Foxhound

I am absolutely bloody livid today! I spent $11,060, the price of a very good QB, on two positions and I emerged with -1 points yesterday evening! Mathematically there was no way I could have made two worse picks! And of course I briefly considered William Stanback (43.9 points yesterday) for my lineup but logically Sean Thomas-Erlington made far more sense at basically the same price....

I'm so angry I almost stormed City Hall this morning!

>:(
Radically Canadian!

66 Chevelle

Quote from: Foxhound on July 05, 2019, 06:15:37 PM
I am absolutely bloody livid today! I spent $11,060, the price of a very good QB, on two positions and I emerged with -1 points yesterday evening! Mathematically there was no way I could have made two worse picks! And of course I briefly considered William Stanback (43.9 points yesterday) for my lineup but logically Sean Thomas-Erlington made far more sense at basically the same price....

you and me both... and I as well considered Stanback, until looking at not only his points from this year but also last year I decided to not gamble as Erlington had been doing me well... live and learn, lol...
just because you can doesn't mean you should...

TecnoGenius

They've upped HAM's D points to 0 from -1 in the last 24 hours.  Not sure why, but I won't complain.
Never go full Rider!

66 Chevelle

Quote from: Foxhound on July 05, 2019, 06:15:37 PM

you what though, we may be ok this week... even though we both took a hit with Erlington and Ham D, not a lot of points scored this week and those ahead of us have pretty much gone thru the majority of point opportunites... we may be ok!

3rdand1.5

I also took a goose-egg on Erlington

Foxhound

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on July 06, 2019, 09:39:40 PM
you what though, we may be ok this week... even though we both took a hit with Erlington and Ham D, not a lot of points scored this week and those ahead of us have pretty much gone thru the majority of point opportunites... we may be ok!

Yeah, we were OK! The rest of each of our teams turned out to be pretty good.

8)
Radically Canadian!

66 Chevelle

Quote from: Foxhound on July 07, 2019, 01:20:07 PM
Yeah, we were OK! The rest of each of our teams turned out to be pretty good.

8)

we had some similar picks, ones that got us points, so I couldn't find those 4 extra pts needed to get by ya... but it was fun and exciting to follow... we both made a charge from the rear of the pack to finish in the top 3...

I've consistently have had good finishes each week thru the first 4 games, just falling a little short each week though of coming in first... I believe I'm sitting in 2nd in both of the leagues I entered...

TecnoGenius

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on July 07, 2019, 04:03:40 PM
I believe I'm sitting in 2nd in both of the leagues I entered...

Not anymore!  ;) ;D ;D :o :o 8) 8)
Never go full Rider!

Donny C

66 Chevelle

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 08, 2019, 06:52:22 AM
Not anymore!  ;) ;D ;D :o :o 8) 8)

how the heck did that happen? yesterday afternoon I was still 3rd this week and 2nd overall!!!!!

Quote from: Donny C on July 08, 2019, 08:09:20 PM
I suck at this!

truth be told, we all do, lol... just some suck less at times than others... hang in there!

blue girl

TecnoGenius

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on July 08, 2019, 09:19:33 PM
how the heck did that happen? yesterday afternoon I was still 3rd this week and 2nd overall!!!!!

truth be told, we all do, lol... just some suck less at times than others... hang in there!

Hehe, I joined the leagues you were in just then.  For some reason we weren't in the same leagues Foxhound started.  :D :D

Fantasy is mostly luck, but in the 3 years I've been playing, I found that the hardest thing is to resist being too much of a homer.  The other trick it to identify $2500-$4000 guys that have a chance of putting up big numbers.  Guys that show promise but haven't gotten big press yet.  STE was one of those guys (not anymore).  Lucky was one of those guys that one week.

I always play a D, but I always question if it's the right move.  Some of the top pickers eschew the D.
Never go full Rider!