TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxhound

Membership in the Fantasy League I started in honour of Kenny Ploen is still fairly sparse:

Just Ploen Kenny!

Moreover the League I started in honour of Leo Lewis is not yet up to last year's membership:

Lincolns and Locomotives

:(
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Jamie Nye's picks for Week 2:

Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

It seems I can't pick WRs this year if my life (or at least my Fantasy score) depended upon it. In Week 1 I picked reasonably inexpensive receivers who had come into their own late last year playing for teams with solid established QBs:

Bralon Addison - 2.6
Markeith Ambles - 9.6
Reggie Begelton - 10.5

The results were at best underwhelming.

In Week 2 I picked two very decent but not super expensive Eskimos' receivers upon the premise that Trevor Harris would have to throw to somebody other than Greg Ellingson occasionally:

Ricky Collins ($4273) - 2.1
Kenny Stafford ($4661) - 3.5

Wrong again. Very, very wrong!

Hopefully I won't continue to be mistreated and abused by my WRs. It's not nice, that's for sure.

:(

Radically Canadian!

theaardvark

Good week...  Who'd think that Burnham would be my stinker pick....

QB
MASOLI, Jeremiah

RB
THOMAS ERLINGTON, Sean

RB
GABLE, CJ

WR
DURANT, Lemar

WR
BURNHAM, Bryan

FLEX
TUCKER, Marcus

D
Hamilton Tiger-Cats
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

66 Chevelle

I kind of screwed myself this week... didn't get my team until Friday morning, didn't realize that there was a Thursday night game this week so I kind of messed that up...  then Walker and Rainey both laid eggs this week... oh well, there is always next week...
just because you can doesn't mean you should...

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on June 23, 2019, 03:00:03 AM
Good week...  Who'd think that Burnham would be my stinker pick....
QB
MASOLI, Jeremiah

RB
THOMAS ERLINGTON, Sean

I think RBs don't get enough points.  Harris or STE have a player-of-game monster outing and they get lousy points compared to QBs and WRs.  The point-per-catch of WRs really tilts the field in their favor.

Surely STE should have been more points in terms of impact on the game.  They should award 10 extra fantasy points for an O player getting player of the game.

Anyhow, I've learned my lesson and won't ever pick RBs as my FLEX anymore!!!
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

QB
NICHOLS, Matt
$7699

RB
HARRIS, Andrew
$8996

RB
THOMAS ERLINGTON, Sean
$5102

WR
ADAMS, Darvin
$7829

WR
MATTHEWS, Chris
$3500

FLEX
KALINIC, Nikola
$2500

D
Hamilton Tiger-Cats
$4042
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

66 Chevelle

you know, it figures... last week I had Stafford and he did absolutely nothing... I drop him this week and... nevermind, you know how this story ends... lol
just because you can doesn't mean you should...

TecnoGenius

Hey, what do we do if the fantasy site gets a stat wrong?  Demksi had a TD in the game, but the stats show 0 TD for the night.  I have him down as a flex.  However... 12.8 points on 9yds + 49yds means they must be counting the TD, right?  No way 58yds is 12.8 pts.
Never go full Rider!

GCn19

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 28, 2019, 08:26:58 AM
Hey, what do we do if the fantasy site gets a stat wrong?  Demksi had a TD in the game, but the stats show 0 TD for the night.  I have him down as a flex.  However... 12.8 points on 9yds + 49yds means they must be counting the TD, right?  No way 58yds is 12.8 pts.

Often takes them 24 hours to get all the stats right. Wouldn't worry about it unless it's not fixed by tomorrow.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

theaardvark

Wow... got didly for taking Adams and Matthews (missed on Lucky, don't know why I didn't grab him)...  how does Harris get 13.6 with 2 fumbles? 

Foxhound

Jmie Nye was dreadful last week. Here are his picks this week:

:-\
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 28, 2019, 08:26:58 AMHey, what do we do if the fantasy site gets a stat wrong?  Demksi had a TD in the game, but the stats show 0 TD for the night.  I have him down as a flex.  However... 12.8 points on 9yds + 49yds means they must be counting the TD, right?  No way 58yds is 12.8 pts.

So long as his point total is registering the correct 12.8 I wouldn't worry.

:)

Radically Canadian!

blue girl

Quote from: theaardvark on June 28, 2019, 03:52:08 PM
Wow... got didly for taking Adams and Matthews (missed on Lucky, don't know why I didn't grab him)...  how does Harris get 13.6 with 2 fumbles? 
Well you're not the only one. I took Harris who had 2 fumbles and Wolitarsky and Adams who had no receptions. I could kick myself for not taking Lucky.  :'(

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GCn18 on June 28, 2019, 02:27:29 PM
Often takes them 24 hours to get all the stats right. Wouldn't worry about it unless it's not fixed by tomorrow.

Quote from: theaardvark on June 28, 2019, 03:52:08 PM

Ah, I see what they did with Demski after looking at Aard's AH.  Both sums are correct.
https://cflfantasy.tsn.ca/app/how-to-play

Demski does get the rush TD added even though it's not shown.  They tailor the stats shown to the position and FLEX appears to be listed like a WR, not a RB.  So Demski gets the RB stats, but they don't show, except in the "return" area, excluding rush TDs.  Confusing.

I checked and players do NOT lose points for fumbles.  That is why Harris, who's damage-caused far exceeded his production still appears decent in points.

Isn't that hilarious... Aards got more points on AH's worst night ever than I got on Demski on his best night!  Goes to show fantasy doesn't really capture what's going on.  There should be negatives for fumbles, and there should be +10 for picking player of the game.  I would also give RBs more yardage points (like double), as rush yards are harder to come by than REC yards.
Never go full Rider!