TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Darwinismyhomeboy on September 15, 2018, 12:45:15 AM
First time I pick Lulay this year.  Son of a

Hehe, I thought about that.  I was this close to picking Lulay... but I picked T.Harris, which worked out nicely.

You want Son of a... I picked B.Banks for the first time this year as my star receiver and the dude gets some mystery groin issue which I don't find out about until I hit the PVR hours after the game started.  Grrrr... seems to be my M.O. this year.  How many times can I pick the scratch or wasn't-IR-but-is-now player?

It's like I need to check my rosters and picks just before every game (after new IRs/scratches are revealed).  I have a family and a job, I can't keep up with that!!  :o   ;)
Never go full Rider!

Norm W

Looking for a bounce back week, from the Bombers and from last weeks fantasy picks. Been getting hammered on both fronts, a record low 34.7 points last week!!! Gambled with a Pipkin pick... 2.7 points from a QB  :o

Taking a gamble this week, Nichols might be a bargain if this becomes his bounce back game, his price tag allowed me to round out my roster with some pretty fine talent...

Andrew Harris
Marcus Thigpen
Darvin Adams
Weston Dressler
William Powell
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

Foxhound

Sadly some Fantasy players seem to be getting frustrated and dropping out of the game.

:(

My Jonathan Jennings pick ended up saving my bacon this week.

8)
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

So congratulations to Jordylongbottoms who kicked my butt and everybody else's badly in the Blue Bombers Fantasy League:

1. Jordylongbottoms - 2101.8
2. Balticfox - 1950.3
3. EF1500 - 1879.4

Jordylongbottoms selections were simply a level better than those of us other participants.

I managed to salvage some pride in the Jacks and Indians League though:

1. Balticfox - 1950.3
2. Joabad 1903.1
3. Firekid 1860.4
4. Greenpasture 1848.5

:)
Radically Canadian!

Norm W

Didn't enter any of the "leagues" wasn't tech savvy enuf to figure it out... or just to lazy. But even if I did I would have got my *** handed to me, looked at my totals for the year....1703.9   Best week was week 6, 124.7 points and my low score which I almost beat a few times was week 1 with a whooping 47.2
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

Foxhound

I was disappointed with my Fantasy results over the course of the regular season. I finished 62nd overall last year and I'd set a top fifty goal for myself this year. I ended up in 254th though. Worse yet, I think I beat all the TSN and CFL pros last year, but I slipped behind some of them this year:

Chucky9192 - 2023.1
Kristina - 2002.7
Krev Show - 1976.6
Balticfox - 1950.3

The only League of any size I topped this year was the 60 member 2017 CFL Fantasy. I was second by half a point in the 89 member 2017 CFL All Stars.

Unlike last year I got off to a very good start this year. After six weeks I'd climbed to #89 or so. But after that I started spinning my tires.

I didn't learn that Don Jackson and C.J. Gable were game-day scratches in weeks seven and thirteen respectively until after kickoff. Then Reggie Begelton limped off the field after the first play from scrimmage in week sixteen. Those zeroes hurt badly. I'd been fortunate enough to avoid disasters of such magnitude last year.

I had difficulty with QBs this year. Whoever I picked last year from among Mike Reilly, Ricky Ray, Matt Nichols, Travis Lulay, Trevor Harris and Jeremiah Masoli typically treated me pretty well but that wasn't the case this year and I ended up picking some duds.

Brandon Zylstra was the gift that just kept on giving last year and D'haquille Williams, Andrew Harris and Don Jackson filled the same role for me in the first six weeks or so this year but then their prices got so high I had to reconsider. And I couldn't find any semi-reliable replacements other than Brad Sinopoli.

That though may have been the problem with my game this year. I was too focused on getting "value" for my $. As a result I was just too reluctant to pay up for players and missed out on too many stellar performances by Brandon Banks, Luke Tasker, Diontae Spencer and Alex Green.

I also got much "better" at fully allocating my $40,000 this year. I was never satisfied until I'd allocated all but $200-$300 of my budget. I'm afraid therefore that I ended up with a roster closer to $40,000 in price at the expense of taking the "best" players at each position I could afford even if they only totalled up to $37,900.

Oh well. Live and learn.

:(
Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

My fantasy for the SF playoffs is WPG heavy.  HAM won't be reliable.  BC is too hot/cold.  SSK will just get creamed.  So WPG is it.  Very hard since we distribute the ball so much and Strev steals at least half the TDs on SY.  Too bad fantasy doesn't let one pick a QB pair, Nichols-Strev would be very attractive every week.   ;D
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

Congratulations to Jordylongbottom who in the 45 member Blue Bombers Fantasy league clubbed me during the regular season:

1. Jordylongbottom 2101.8
2. Balticfox 1950.3
3. EF1500 1879.4

The final standings during Playoff Fantasy were of course a lot different but EF1500 was once again among the leaders:

1. Bombermike01 221.9
2. EF1500 221.4
3. Shadowtrain 207.6
6. Balticfox 182.0

Overall my score was 797th best out of 7829 participants which is pretty decent for a three week competition. I'm just happy to have toasted all the talking heads including Chucky9192(Matt Dunigan?):

Krev Show - 175.5
HannahNordman - 172.3
Chucky9192 - 162.6

I suspect that this pot legalization thing may have taken its toll on some of the Playoff Fantasy scores....

;)
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

So the CFL and CFL Fantasy seasons kick off next week. I can hardly wait.

Please join some of these sub-Leagues I've started:

Balticboys (for those of Baltic heritage)

Blink! (for fans of Charles Roberts)

Jacks and Indians (for fans of Indian Jack Jacobs)

Just Ploen Kenny! (for fans of Kenny Ploen)

Lincolns and Locomotives (for fans of Leo Lewis)

London Lords (for old-time ORFU loyalists and those from London)

Stegall's Soup Kitchen (for fans of Milt Stegall)

I'm lonely.

Incidentally I don't get any Fantasy point credits for inducing people to join the Leagues I've set up. The reason I've been beating the drum trying to get more membership for all these Leagues is just because. It's frustrating and disheartening to set up a cool sounding League and getting next to nobody joining. So please join!

Radically Canadian!

Donny C

How do I add a profile picture?

66 Chevelle

Quote from: Foxhound on June 08, 2019, 08:44:49 PM
So the CFL and CFL Fantasy seasons kick off next week. I can hardly wait.

Please join some of these sub-Leagues I've started:

Balticboys (for those of Baltic heritage)

Blink! (for fans of Charles Roberts)

Jacks and Indians (for fans of Indian Jack Jacobs)

Just Ploen Kenny! (for fans of Kenny Ploen)

Lincolns and Locomotives (for fans of Leo Lewis)

London Lords (for those from London)

Stegall's Soup Kitchen (for fans of Milt Stegall)

I'm lonely.

Incidentally I don't get any Fantasy point credits for inducing people to join the Leagues I've set up. The reason I've been beating the drum trying to get more membership for all these Leagues is just because. It's frustrating and disheartening to set up a cool sounding League and getting next to nobody joining. So please join!

so you have to select your team each week, right?  and you can pick who ever you can afford, regardless if someone else in the league has him, as long as you don't go over your cap?

I'm going to give it a whirl... I have to create an account first though...
just because you can doesn't mean you should...

blue newt

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on June 09, 2019, 12:25:49 AM

so you have to select your team each week, right?  and you can pick who ever you can afford, regardless if someone else in the league has him, as long as you don't go over your cap?

I'm going to give it a whirl... I have to create an account first though...

I've not played in any of these specific leagues, but yeah, that's the gist of it.  There's a breakdown of what kind of players you need to choose (ie, 1 quarterback, 2 receivers, 1 team's defense, etc.), and a set dollar amount you have to spend.  Each week you can change which players you choose as much or as little as you want (I usually do it depending on who a particular team is going up against that week).  There's no limit on how many people can pick Andrew Harris (for example).

It's entertaining.  I think the real trick is finding the diamonds in the rough....the guy that's cheap that makes some stellar plays that week.  Because you don't have the money to load up entirely on superstars.  Sort of like being a GM  ;)

Foxhound

Yes, you fellows have it right. And it is fun, so much so that The WOMAN also decided to participate late in the 2016 season after watching me do it since the previous season. And she's been scoring above average point totals!

8)
Radically Canadian!

blue newt

Quote from: Foxhound on June 09, 2019, 01:09:54 AM
Yes, you fellows have it right. And it is fun, so much so that The WOMAN also decided to participate late in the 2016 season after watching me do it since the previous season. And she's been scoring above average point totals!

8)

Of course she is.  Us ladies are awesome and know our football  ;)