TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxhound

I had Kevin Elliott on Tuesday morning. Then Wednesday I saw that Kevin Elliott was not pencilled in as a starter the way he'd been the previous week but was "only" the backup to Emmanuel Arceneaux. I therefore immediately switched to Shaq Johnson. Well Johnson got me a big fat zero while Kevin Elliott notched 18.9 points. At the same time when Jeremiah Johnson pulled up lame at practice, I chose C.J. Gable (13.1 points) as a replacement over Chris Rainey (18.0 points).

Scream and double scream!!!
Radically Canadian!

Norm W

I had both CJ and Rainey picked, but gambled that Hazelton would get in the game after coming off the 6 game earlier in the week.... Whaaa Whaaaa a big fat zero, never stepped on the field, don't even know if he even dressed. 
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

RebusRankin

I took Elliott out of my lineup too. Did use Van which helped.

Norm W

Week 10

Travis Lulay @ $6,793.00
Andrew Harris @ $10,590 (rushing leader is expensive)
Travon Van $5,501.00
Armanti Edwards @ $4,288.00
Bryant Mitchell, @ $3,456.00
Nic Demski @ 5,565.00

Edmonton Eskimos @ $3,745.00

$62.00 CAP space remaining

theaardvark

COLLAROS, Zach  $5472

JACKSON, Martese $3461

HARRIS, Andrew $10288

COOMBS, Anthony $3030

ADAMS, Darvin $6974

GREEN, S.J. $6790

D Toronto Argonauts  $3633
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Colton

Quote from: theaardvark on August 24, 2018, 08:31:18 PM

COLLAROS, Zach  $5472

JACKSON, Martese $3461

HARRIS, Andrew $10288

COOMBS, Anthony $3030

ADAMS, Darvin $6974

GREEN, S.J. $6790

D Toronto Argonauts  $3633

Nichols
Harris
Wilder Jr
Thompkins
Adams
Wolitarsky

TecnoGenius

Ya, I was heavy on TOR too.  Big mistake.  Though my Eugene Lewis MTL was a nice (cheap) surprise.

The tactic of just loading up on whoever is vs MTL may no longer be a good one.
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

An absolutely dreadful week that was! Every single game went against the teams I prefer. Worse yet I loaded up on Argonauts in Fantasy and I had my second worst week this year! My James Wilder Jr. and S.J. Green picks hurt me badly.

:(
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

So in the previous two weeks I'd approached the week's opening kick-off with anxious anticipation. I'd stacked my roster with five Argonaut picks two weeks ago and four RedBlack picks last week expecting to feast on a weak Alouettes team. The Alouettes dashed my expectations for a great harvest of points, however, and left me and my roster lying in ruins.

This week of course I've had to dramatically adjust my strategy. While I've deployed my $40,000 payroll efficiently, I'm confident of nothing. I'm simply crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

???
Radically Canadian!

Norm W

Ditto...Did the same, figured easy offensive picking stacking the line-up against Montreal, that working out very poorly.

RebusRankin

I had three Redblacks last week, Ellingston was good, the other two not so much. Did a reshuffle with the remaining spots to add Daniels and Green so it turned out nice in the end.

In Motion

The only way to win this is to do the extras so you can earn
a higher cap space and pick some expensive players. With so
many injured players and such a low salary cap, our choices are limited.

Darwinismyhomeboy

First time I pick Lulay this year.  Son of a

Foxhound

Quote from: In Motion on September 09, 2018, 01:40:11 AMThe only way to win this is to do the extras so you can earn
a higher cap space and pick some expensive players.

Not true. The top Fantasy players to this point in the season haven't had any Bonus dollars. And the Bonus dollars I've seen used by one or two players lasy year have only been $2000 or so in just a week or maybe two.

Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

So I agonized over whether I should pick the Alouettes' or the Lions' Defence last week, and ended up picking that of the Als which got me nine points while that of the Lions' would have gotten me thirty points. I had a good week but had I chosen the Lions' Defence I would have had my best week of the season with over 130 points.

Oh well. Try, try again this week.

:-\
Radically Canadian!