TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxhound

I'm at 416.2 with a season low of 94.8 in Week 1. But I'm still figuring out ways to improve my game.

Moreover there's no such thing as "steady" in this game. The random chance variable is far too strong and you'll get really dud weeks interspersed with excellent ones. Last year I had 40 points in my first week and then a week of about 42 points in mid-season. I live in fear of revisiting myself with a complete dud of a week.

Therefore it's far too early to extrapolate results yet.

:-\
Radically Canadian!

gbill2004

I'm sticking with Bowman another week!

booch

yeah me too...3 times a charm...the other 2 he has got me 0 both times!!

RebusRankin

409 points with weekly totals between 90 and 126.

theaardvark

Best week was 129.7 with Streveler 37.6, Harris 24.6 and Walker 17.6 and the Bombers D at 13!
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Foxhound

We have a lot of shrewd players in our Blue Bomber themed Fantasy Leagues!

Blink!

Jacks and Indians

Just Ploen Kenny!

Lincolns and Locomotives

Stegall's Soup Kitchen

Quite a few members had significant multi-position exposure to the Stampeders yesterday evening while RedBlacks weren't nearly as heavily picked.

Among the players widely selected, Don Jackson provided the best return with 15.6 points on a $5000 investment. A whopping four players with minimal $2500 salaries provided even better returns though:

Romar Morris 13
Lemar Durant 10.9
Reginald Begelton 9.9
Juwan Brescacin 9.6

The Stampeders Defence also provided an excellent return on investment with 21 points for $5389, but not too many players seemed willing to ante up that much capital for a Defence. All in all, the Stampeders as a team paid big dividends to backers, but not where most Fantasy participants expected.

Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bowlerdude on July 12, 2018, 06:43:35 PM
Gotta chase the targets in PPR. I think the Bombers spread the ball around too much to bank on a 5th receiving option like Bowman. You want guys like Ellingson/Walker/Sinopoli/Tasker/Green that are targeted a ton.

Bingo.  That's the biggest problem with being a BB "homer" in fantasy.  Except for Harris and maybe our QB/D, it's really hard to pick WPG for anything else.  That's really too bad for fantasy, but probably really good for our team's success.  Hard to defend against WPG when you don't know where the ball is going.

I'm so mad I didn't pick CGY D (I picked WPG, so we shall see).  But who would have guessed OTT would have bent over and gotten destroyed?
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

Here's hoping Adarius Bowman has a breakout game today! My spouse has him in TSN Fantasy and she's been very depressed since Thursday when her high-priced QB Trevor Harris got her -0.3 points.

:(
Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

Where's Mike Reilly in the QB list in tsn fantasy this week?   What did he do, break the machine with how much he's worth and go over $40k??  :D

As of right now, Masoli is the top listed QB for $10k+
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

The Edmonton Eskimos have a bye this week. The people running TSN CFL Fantasy are therefore thoughtfully making it difficult to pick Mike Reilly for one's Fantasy team this week.

;)
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

For various reasons, this week I have none of the players who have garnered me the most points in total over the first five weeks. I now find that I'm looking forward to this week's games with trepidation instead of eagerness.

Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 14, 2018, 10:36:57 AMBingo.  That's the biggest problem with being a BB "homer" in fantasy.

No problem. Being a "homer" is a guaranteed losing strategy over the course of a year anyway.

;)
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

So anybody who loaded up on Tiger-Cats in Fantasy this week is lying gassed and asphyxiated this morning!

:D
Radically Canadian!

Darwinismyhomeboy

All I want to know is, is Bo playing or not.

gbill2004

Quote from: Darwinismyhomeboy on July 20, 2018, 02:59:46 PM
All I want to know is, is Bo playing or not.
If I had to bet, I would say yes.