TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxhound

I made a late switch last week from Mercer Timmins to Marcus Thigpen and it proved a mistake. It was musical chairs in the Tiger-Cats' backfield every bit as much as in the Roughriders backfield but Timmins somehow found his way into the end zone twice despite rushing for only thirteen yards in total. The switch therefore cost me 9.6 points. Worse yet I'd thought hard of picking Chris Williams as my FLEX player but ended up going with Thigpen.

>:(

After three weeks undervalued alternatives are getting a lot more difficult to find. Moreover I now have stronger preferences for certain position players which makes allocating my $40,000 more difficult in a lot of ways.

:-\
Radically Canadian!

swagonem

The question is to leave Streveler in or put in Nichols? Hmmm or neither... I have Strev for both TSN Fantasy and Draft Kings but now i'm re-thinking it. I'll see how Matt is at prac the next few days then make a decision I guess.

btw I am Holtbeast in Jacks and Indians - we should get everyone on the board to join one if that's not already the case instead of everyone being in different ones

gbill2004

Quote from: swagonem on July 05, 2018, 12:51:48 AM
The question is to leave Streveler in or put in Nichols? Hmmm or neither... I have Strev for both TSN Fantasy and Draft Kings but now i'm re-thinking it. I'll see how Matt is at prac the next few days then make a decision I guess.

btw I am Holtbeast in Jacks and Indians - we should get everyone on the board to join one if that's not already the case instead of everyone being in different ones
Only one day of practice left this week. Walk through is Friday and game is Saturday. 

Foxhound

Quote from: swagonem on July 05, 2018, 12:51:48 AMThe question is to leave Streveler in or put in Nichols? Hmmm or neither....

Tough one. Coach O'Shea is happier to have the question than are Fantasy players.

???

Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Quote from: swagonem on July 05, 2018, 12:51:48 AMbtw I am Holtbeast in Jacks and Indians - we should get everyone on the board to join one if that's not already the case instead of everyone being in different ones.

There's no reason why you can't join more than one league. Just join the ones that appeal to your aesthetic preferences - player, name, avatar, whatever.

8)

What I don't understand is why more participants haven't joined this league for fans of Baltic descent:

Balticboys

Surely there are many Canadian CFL fans with Baltic ancestry.

???
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

So the random variable came around to bite me in the a** once again. Last week against the Alouettes I had Marcus Thigpen in the hope that he would pick up where he left off last season. Well he got me an underwhelming 3.7 points. This week I left him off my roster against the theoretically stronger Tiger-Cats and Thigpen notched 19.5 points....

Meanwhile my value pick Shaquelle Evans got me 3.1 points in the first half but then limped off early in the third quarter with a leg injury. Very sad.

:(
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

So my initial picks last week included C.J. Gable as one of my RBs and Brad Sinopoli as one of my WRs. I really wanted William Powell instead of C.J. Gable though because Powell had been a much more reliable performer so far this year. When I noticed that Shaquelle Evans had more yards receiving per game than did Sinopoli but cost only $2500, I gleefully jumped at the chance to switch Gable and Sinopoli for Powell and Evans. Bad mistake. Evans limped out early in the second half with a leg injury and Sinopoli ended up yielding the best return per $ invested of any player this season:

Here's how they scored:

William Powell 15.8
Shaquelle Evans 3.1

C.J. Gable 9.2
Brad Sinopoli 31.8

So my "brilliant" move ended up costing me 22.1 points.

:o

Oh well! Week Five is another week, and hopefully one of these times I'll get things just right.

:)
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

The hosts of the CFL Fantasy Podcast aren't exactly putting up stellar scores. Are any of these televised "experts" really good at picking Fantasy teams that actually deliver the points?

???

Does anyone know under what names Matt Dunigan, Milt Stegall, Jock Climie, Davis Sanchez, Derek Taylor, Chris Schultz, Henry Burris, Rod Smith et al play? At the end of last year Milt Stegall admitted that he hadn't actually done too well in Fantasy over the season.

:-\
Radically Canadian!

theaardvark

Rem salary:
$19
Week 5 Roster

QB   NICHOLS, Matt    $7563
RB   HARRIS, Andrew $7855
RB   GABLE, CJ  $6483
WR  HAZELTON, Vidal $3680
WR  BOWMAN, Adarius $3674
FLEX  ADAMS, Darvin $5532
D Winnipeg Blue Bombers $5194
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on July 12, 2018, 04:33:09 PM
Rem salary:
$19
Week 5 Roster

QB   NICHOLS, Matt    $7563
RB   HARRIS, Andrew $7855
RB   GABLE, CJ  $6483
WR  HAZELTON, Vidal $3680
WR  BOWMAN, Adarius $3674
FLEX  ADAMS, Darvin $5532
D Winnipeg Blue Bombers $5194

Nice Bomber flavoured lineup! I took Bowman every week so far and he has killed me every week, but I think I'll have to continue taking him.  It'll suck if he blows up and he's not in my lineup! 

Norm W

Truth be told I seem to suck at this... currently sitting at 322.7 total points, best week was week #2 with 112.5 points and worst week has so far been week #1 with 47.2 points.

Matt Nichols $7563.00
Andrew Harris $7855.00
James Wilder Jr $8002.00
Brad Sinopoli $5145.00
S.J. Green $5750.00
Darvin Adams $5532.00

$153.00 remaining....
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

theaardvark

Quote from: Norm W on July 12, 2018, 05:56:30 PM
Truth be told I seem to suck at this... currently sitting at 322.7 total points, best week was week #2 with 112.5 points and worst week has so far been week #1 with 47.2 points.

367.4 with a low of 68.8 in week 3...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

booch

404.7 season total with a week one low of 68.8

Norm W

Quote from: booch on July 12, 2018, 06:29:32 PM
404.7 season total with a week one low of 68.8

Your still in reach at this stage, 498.6 is the 1st position number at this stage, at 322.8 I'm almost 8000 spots away from there...
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

bowlerdude

I've gone 96.9, 137.1, 73.9, 108.5 so far. 416.4 total.

Streveler was nice to have the first three weeks because he came so cheap. Really got to stack that lineup in Week 1 and 2 with a low salary QB.

Going with this lineup this week:
QB Bo Levi Mitchell $8239
RB Andrew Harris $7855
RB Don Jackson $5000
WR Derel Walker $7209
WR Darvin Adams $5532
WR Shaq Johnson $2500
DEF Edmonton Eskimos $3200

$465 left

Gotta chase the targets in PPR. I think the Bombers spread the ball around too much to bank on a 5th receiving option like Bowman. You want guys like Ellingson/Walker/Sinopoli/Tasker/Green that are targeted a ton. Otherwise, you will get that explosive big week eventually but you'll find a lot of small ones looking for it too. The only Bomber receivers I can see any kind of consistent targets for are Dressler and Adams... I might take Demski on a really low price tag if I need to go bargain hunting.

I'd have taken Nichols but we run a lot in close and that takes some TD potential away. With the way our offense is designed though, you're nuts if you don't play Harris every single week.