TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxhound

Quote from: Donny C on June 22, 2018, 03:31:11 PMIf anyone has a league, I'd love to join and compete against you.

Huh?! What don't you like about the Jacks and Indians, Lincolns and Locomotives and Stegall's Soup Kitchen leagues to which I provided links above?

???

New members are always welcome!

:)

Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

I've just created a TSN CFL Fantasy League for all you Charles Roberts fans as well:

Blink!

Click on the link and join now!

8)
Radically Canadian!

Donny C

Quote from: Foxhound on June 22, 2018, 05:46:00 PM
Huh?! What don't you like about the Jacks and Indians, Lincolns and Locomotives and Stegall's Soup Kitchen leagues to which I provided links above?

???

New members are always welcome!

Sorry, somehow I missed that those were leagues.

I've joined as TSNSignGUy...of course I'm in last place becasue I missed week 1...so I've go some catching up to do.

Foxhound

You had an excellent first week though!

8)
Radically Canadian!

swagonem

Which league are all you guys playing in? ill join

Donny C

Quote from: Foxhound on June 26, 2018, 09:24:14 PM
You had an excellent first week though!

8)

I feel like I had a few under-performers...maybe I need to look more at how points are gained.

Foxhound

Quote from: swagonem on June 26, 2018, 10:19:02 PMWhich league are all you guys playing in? ill join

Well in order of popularity:

Jacks and Indians

Lincolns and Locomotives

Stegall's Soup Kitchen

Blink!

Click on the links I've provided to join.

8)
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Quote from: Donny C on June 26, 2018, 10:31:09 PMI feel like I had a few under-performers...

C.J. Gable and Naaman Roosevelt were your underperformers. But still 103 points in a week is excellent! Anything over 95 is very good.

Quote from: Donny C on June 26, 2018, 10:31:09 PM...maybe I need to look more at how points are gained.

RBs and WRs get one point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving, one point for every pass reception and an additional point for every point scored. A touchdown scored by your player therefore earns him a fat six points. If your halfback does extra duty returning kicks or punts, he gets an additional point for every 25 return yards.

Points are calculated to the nearest decimal. Therefore 18 rushing yards plus 35 return yards yields your player 3.2 points.

Radically Canadian!

blue girl

Thanks for this. I just joined Stegall's Soup Kitchen. My picks are so bad I'm in 7th place.  :'(

Donny C

Quote from: Foxhound on June 28, 2018, 01:18:12 AM
C.J. Gable and Naaman Roosevelt were your underperformers. But still 103 points in a week is excellent! Anything over 95 is very good.

RBs and WRs get one point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving, one point for every pass reception and an additional point for every point scored. A touchdown scored by your player therefore earns him a fat six points. If your halfback does extra duty returning kicks or punts, he gets an additional point for every 25 return yards.

Points are calculated to the nearest decimal. Therefore 18 rushing yards plus 35 return yards yields your player 3.2 points.

Tanks for the kind words and advice on how points are calculated....I've never played fantasy football before so it's kind of an experiment for me.

Donny C

Quote from: blue girl on June 28, 2018, 07:11:37 PM
Thanks for this. I just joined Stegall's Soup Kitchen. My picks are so bad I'm in 7th place.  :'(

Well...you are ahead of me!

Donny C

How do the QBs get points?

Colton

Quote from: Donny C on June 28, 2018, 07:20:18 PM
How do the QBs get points?

1 point per 25 yards passing
4 points per passing TD
-2 points per INT

In addition to any of the rushing/receiving stats they tally

https://cflfantasy.tsn.ca/app/how-to-play

Didn't realize that return yards got you points in this...

Foxhound

Quote from: blue girl on June 28, 2018, 07:11:37 PMThanks for this. I just joined Stegall's Soup Kitchen.

Cool! I've just created another Fantasy League in honour of all-time great QB Kenny Ploen for old time Blue Bomber fans:

Just Ploen Kenny!

Join now!

8)
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Quote from: blue girl on June 28, 2018, 07:11:37 PMMy picks are so bad I'm in 7th place.

Hang in there! The random element is the single biggest determinant of your score in any one week. Consistently good week-to-week performance is therefore basically impossible to achieve in Fantasy.

Myself I've ruined what would otherwise have been excellent weeks with one abject miserable decision two weeks in a row now.

In Week One I dropped Jalen Saunders who ended up getting 18.8 points and replaced him with Adarius Bowman who notched a big fat zero! Bowman had hooked up pretty well with young QB Chris Streveler in the first pre-season game and I thought the duo would have a decent chance of doing well against the Eskimos' pass defence while Jalen Saunders would have a lot more trouble against that of the Stampeders. Well that late switch cost me 18.8 points. Moreover I think the zero Bowman garnered was a new low for any pick I'd made over the last three Fantasy seasons.

In Week Two I agonized over picking the Eskimos Defence against the Tiger-Cats or the RedBlacks Defence against the Roughriders. I ended up choosing the Esks defence because it had gotten a rather good 9 points the first week and the RedBlacks Defence was an unknown against a Roughriders' Offence that had shown a lot of promise in the first week. What a disastrous decision that turned out to be! The Eskimos Defence got me -1 points, my worst single result at Fantasy ever while the RedBlacks Defence yielded 18 points, a 19 point differential! Scream!

>:(
Radically Canadian!