TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxhound

Well I've made it to #17 overall with four weeks to go.

8)

I'm confident of nothing though from here on to the end of the season. Every week I'm racked with doubts.

:-\
Radically Canadian!

66 Chevelle

Quote from: Foxhound on October 08, 2019, 03:16:24 PM
Well I've made it to #17 overall with four weeks to go.

8)

I'm confident of nothing though from here on to the end of the season. Every week I'm racked with doubts.

dang! that's impressive!  hang in there as a top 20 finish with as many that play fantasy is really a great accomplishment...

but I have to ask, how the heck do you come up with Huff?  I'd never heard of him before much less think about adding him to my roster... LOL...

needless to say, I've been trending the opposite way, lol...
just because you can doesn't mean you should...

Foxhound

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on October 08, 2019, 10:11:52 PMbut I have to ask, how the heck do you come up with Huff?  I'd never heard of him before much less think about adding him to my roster....

Well this is what I "knew" going into Week 15:

1. Calgary was visiting Toronto. The Argos suck.

2. Bo Levi Mitchell likes to fill the air with balls. But of course he needs WRs to catch his passes.

3. Reggie Begelton had joined Markeith Ambles on the injured list. So that left Eric Rogers and who else as a target for Mitchell?

4. Well there was Josh Huff who had performed credibly in the previous week against the Tiger-Cats and his price tag was only $2500.

So I had this final pertinent piece of evidence last week:

5. Huff got me 9.7 points on receptions plus 2.2 points on returns for a total of 11.9 points in the game against the Argos. That's a very good return on a $2500 investment. He was still priced at $2500 for the game against the Alouettes.

His name was therefore a lock for a spot on my roster last week.

;)
Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

Couple of weeks back I thought the "new guy" with Begelton out would be Peck.  But it was Huff, as you saw.  Peck got squat and Huff has kept improving every week.  Better return than Begelton even!!

Where does CGY keep finding these guys...
Never go full Rider!

blue newt

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 09, 2019, 09:53:38 AM
Couple of weeks back I thought the "new guy" with Begelton out would be Peck.  But it was Huff, as you saw.  Peck got squat and Huff has kept improving every week.  Better return than Begelton even!!

Where does CGY keep finding these guys...

I'm not sure it can be attributed to Calgary finding these guys as much as it is that Calgary has a strong passing game, and Mitchell throws a good ball. Some is probably on the offensive playbook, too. Not saying they aren't great receivers, but I think the tools in place make them look better than they might on other teams. Just my opinion.

66 Chevelle

Foxhound, I almost did it this week, going 7 for 7 with double digit points... missed it by 1!  I actually took a new strategy, because I had to actually, I missed the first 2 games on Friday so I had a limited number of people to choose from... so, I picked a defense this week and went cheap on the rest... I got burned by Lawler though, missing in action this week, and only gave me 2.2 pts.... the rest though, averaged 16 pts per player!  I thought of you when I saw it, lol...

Foxhound

Cool!

8)

But Rasheed Bailey or Drew Wolitarsky instead of Kenny Lawler would have done it for you. Oh well. Try, try again next week!

Despite picking two disappointing Stampeder receivers, I had a very decent 97.2 point week myself and I've now moved up to #13 overall.

:)

Radically Canadian!

Donny C

Are you going to play anyone from teams that have their spots locked up?

Does MTL sit anyone?

Foxhound

Quote from: Donny C on October 18, 2019, 04:44:11 PMAre you going to play anyone from teams that have their spots locked up?

Yes. I'm continuing to make decisions on a game-by-game, case-by-case basis.

Quote from: Donny C on October 18, 2019, 04:44:11 PMDoes MTL sit anyone?

It was actually the Tiger-Cats that messed up my plans badly this afternoon by demoting Marcus Tucker to backup status.

Oh well. I've now altered my picks and we shall see how things unfold.

Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Well there's one last week to attempt to claw my way from #19 into the top ten. I've therefore held my nose and made the picks I had to make.

Radically Canadian!

blue newt

Hey all...

Public Courtesy Announcement...

If you've already done your picks for the week, double check them.  *Every* player I had on my roster this week (with the exception to the Defense, because, well, someone's gotta show up on defense), is not starting their respective game.  Lots of movement to one-game, or rostering usual starters in the third-string spot.  Changes to Eskimos, Als, Stamps and Ti-Cats (at least).

Cheers!

Donny C

Thanks!

I had picked Fajardo (because whoever I pick usually does poorly). He is listed as injured, but the news today is that he is starting.

Now, I'm moving that pick to Bo Levi and hope I continue to be the kiss of death.

blue newt

Quote from: Donny C on November 01, 2019, 05:15:08 PM
Thanks!

I had picked Fajardo (because whoever I pick usually does poorly). He is listed as injured, but the news today is that he is starting.

Now, I'm moving that pick to Bo Levi and hope I continue to be the kiss of death.

NO!  I picked Mitchell when Evans was reported to be out.  Don't curse him on me!

66 Chevelle

well, I'm screwed this week... 2 of my guys drew big fat zeros this week, I guess they didn't play... oh well... had a chance to move up into the top 3 in the leagues, not so much now, lol... it was fun though, thanks for inviting me to play! I think I won 2 of the 20 weeks, lol...

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Foxhound on November 01, 2019, 03:03:29 PM
Well there's one last week to attempt to claw my way from #19 into the top ten. I've therefore held my nose and made the picks I had to make.

Oh I hear ya.  I suspect your picks will look much like mine.  The big question for me is whether Fajito plays or not.  Right now I'm guessing not.  Even if Fajito isn't really hurt, they can keep him benched because EDM is basically handing them the game.  And if Fajito starts, he'll be benched as soon as it looks like they can't lose.  So I'm betting Fajito can't be a good QB pick this week.

This is a really hard week because if somehow SSK does blow it, CGY will light it up in BC.  But if SSK wins then CGY will not play their #1's hardly at all.  But by the time we see how SSK is faring it will be too late to change SSK fantasy picks to CGY!  Well, unless you pick a lot of HAM/TOR that you could then swap to CGY.  However, the odds of SSK losing are slim to none so it's probably moot.

Good job everyone on the year, especially those who beat me.  I was looking good for a while but ran with too many Bomber WRs for too long and killed my chances.  Maybe one year BB WRs will be good picks each week, but not this year!
Never go full Rider!