TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm W

I dumped Evans and switched to Streveler at the very last minute last week, playing ?the feeling?... that didn?t work out so well.
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

TecnoGenius

Ya, I'm changing up my first gut-feeling picks, mostly because Lucky is out.  Had to mix it all up again because I was either out of money without the roster filled or had $2500 left with no spaces open.

You know what's funny?  MBT has become many people's go-to QB even though he's on the losingest team in years and he's gotten very, very expensive considering.  That's some rare, weird stuff right there.

Guess it helps that TOR has no run game at all with Burks out.  MBT has no option but to pass all day.  And that dude does put up the yards!
Never go full Rider!

66 Chevelle

bargains of the week, Streveler and Toronto defense... who knew?  but once again, had Streveler in, took him out... but only because it left me with a little over $2K and I couldn't leave it sitting so I swapped out Streveler and picked up a better running back, or so I thought, lol...
just because you can doesn't mean you should...

Norm W

Went Bomber heavy, looking for the breakout game from a few guys... had

Streveler for 34.4 points
Augustine for 21.8 points
Grant for 10.4 points
Adams for 8.7 points
...and the Bomber D for 13 points

Posey & Rainey rounded out my roster for a total of 104.4... not record breaking but a big improvement from recent weeks, particularly when being so heavy in picks from one team.

TecnoGenius

I had JA in but had money leftover after my rejig and it was just enough for CGY's Carey.  So I "upgraded" from JA to Carey.  Biiiiig mistake.  Boy, should have stuck with my gut feeling.  EDM obviously decided they were going to shut down the run game at all costs and they did.

Sorry for doubting you JA!  (And Lapo and the WPG OL...)

My sorriest pick this week was Woli.  I thought with Strev finally throwing the Strev/Woli mojo would come back.  No such luck.  Though he did almost have that really nice bomb that diving Woli had on his fingertips...

As for $2500 barrel-bottoms, Grant and Bailey paid nicely this week.  Bailey would have been better had he made that one long pass he really tried for.

No one picked Adams?  He must have had decent points, but no TDs, and still a very high price.  Funny how SSK decided to take Adams out of it in the 2nd half.
Never go full Rider!

Norm W

Foxhound

So I'm temporarily (hopefully) indisposed due to a retinal detachment. An air bubble injected into my eye yesterday evening requires my holding my head at a certain angle for I know not how long. This has dramatically curtailed activities on my part. Spot laser surgery later today.

:(

Suffice to say that I scored big with both Streveler and Augustine last weekend and took care of that which is important by first making my Fantasy picks for this week before spending all day yesterday at 4 1/2 hospitals and medical clinics.

:)
Radically Canadian!

66 Chevelle

Quote from: Foxhound on September 10, 2019, 03:14:59 PM
So I'm temporarily (hopefully) indisposed due to a retinal detachment. An air bubble injected into my eye yesterday evening requires my holding my head at a certain angle for I know not how long. This has dramatically curtailed activities on my part. Spot laser surgery later today.

Suffice to say that I scored big with both Streveler and Augustine last weekend and took care of that which is important by first making my Fantasy picks for this week before spending all day yesterday at 4 1/2 hospitals and medical clinics.

:)

wow, that sounds serious... hope it all goes well and everything works out for you... I'll be saying a little prayer for you, that's for sure!

I had a weird week to say the least...  I had 100 pts, 5 of 6 in double digits, 3 of 6 with 20+ pts and I think the best finish I had in 3 leagues was 9th, lol... the lone 2.6 performance really derailed my game...

blue newt

Ugh.  I've had stinkers on my roster more often than I'd like to admit, the past few weeks.  Last week, I had a couple Eskies who both came in low.

This week is a challenge, with 3 teams on bye weeks.  I'm taking some risks with some of my players.  I mean, eventually the Lions will get their run game going, right?   :-\

That being said, did anyone predict at the season start that Vernon Adams would end up being more expensive than both Reilly and Mitchell?  Crazy.

Hope your eye gets better quickly, Foxhound!

Foxhound

So I reported for a final laser touch-up today, and after looking my eye over thoroughly the doctor announced that things looked just fine and no more laser zapping was needed! A great piece of news! Final check-up with a senior ophthalmologist on Thursday.

8)

Nonetheless, the only football I'll be playing for the next few months is CFL Fantasy. And that's just fine since that's the only kind at which I'm any good!

;)

Radically Canadian!

66 Chevelle

great to hear that Foxhound... that's some scary stuff, for sure...

Foxhound

Interesting that I've moved up smartly in the Fantasy standings since my first cataract surgery on August 22nd! Being distracted by real life events and consequently doing less "analysis"  of boxscores and such may have helped.

:D
Radically Canadian!

66 Chevelle

Quote from: Foxhound on September 27, 2019, 02:02:00 PM
Interesting that I've moved up smartly in the Fantasy standings since my first cataract surgery on August 22nd! Being distracted by real life events and consequently doing less "analysis"  of boxscores and such may have helped.

:D

oh believe me, it's easy to get caught up in the over analyzing box scores and scoring patterns, lol...  I've gone the other way for that very reason... too many times my first gut instinct was the way to go, but...

Foxhound

Wow! Kenny Lawler delivered 24.4 points yesterday for a measly $2500 in salary. I wish I'd picked him.

Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Foxhound on September 28, 2019, 05:01:50 PM
Wow! Kenny Lawler delivered 24.4 points yesterday for a measly $2500 in salary. I wish I'd picked him.

No one saw that coming.

Horrid week for me, I move from 2nd in most leagues to 5th in 1 week!  What a week for Bray, Shaq and Powell to go to sleep.  I guess only VA knows Bray is out there.

This was the first and only time I didn't pick a D.  Never doing that again!
Never go full Rider!