TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Oh this week is hellish all right.  I don't think any match results in over 50 combined points.  Most will be close.  None will be a blowout.  And really every game doesn't have a clear-cut for-sure for-sure winner.  Ok, WPG should be a slam dunk.  But who knows...

I found picking players this week to be the toughest yet.  And prices seem to be going up a lot, meaning it's hard to fill all spots and D (I like playing D's).  I cheaped out on a number of areas and still had a hard time filling the roster.

Weird.
Never go full Rider!

Donny C

My picks, and I suck at this, are:

QB: Vernon Adams
RB: Shaq Cooper
RB: Andrew Harris
WR: Lucky Whitehead
WR: Chris Mathews
Flex: NONE
D: Bombers

Usually, I leave the 'D' spot open and take a 'Flex' intead.

Donny C

I might consider changing Matthews for Lawler...but I am not sure yet.

blue girl

For what it's worth and remember that I'm very bad at this here are my picks.
QB Streveler
RB Harris
RB Stanback
REC Lawler
REC Tasker
FLEX Bray

blue newt

Only positive from that Argos game was the 37 points that Harris put up for fantasy players.

Don't care what he costs, he's worth every penny.

If only the rest of the team put up those points in the *real* game.   :-\

Foxhound

Quote from: Foxhound on July 31, 2019, 07:09:26 PMSo this week is unfolding as all the others so far this season. Right now I'm ready and raring to go in the full expectation that I'll crush all opposition with my shrewd selections. By late Saturday evening though I'm likely to be mired in another morass of self-recrimination wondering what the hell I was thinking earlier in the week.

And so it was. On Thursday I made a last day adjustment dropping the Montreal Alouettes Defence  and Lucky Whitehead in order to pick up the Winnipeg Blue Bombers Defence and Kenny Lawler. Well what I had would have yielded 8+10=18 points while that to which I switched yielded 3+3.9=6.9 points. Therefore I cost myself 11.1 points with the switch.

Then Qwan Bray appeared to catch a 29 yard TD pass in the third quarter of the game against the RedBlacks and I was celebrating! That would have been 9.9 points for my Qwan Bray and another 5.1 for my Vernon Adams Jr. but the play was ruled an incomplete pass by the command center. So 15 points evaporated from my score. And then Vernon Adams Jr. who had gotten me 17.3 points to that time was injured on the subsequent play which would not even have occurred had the previous play not been called back! 

So in the end I ended up with a barely adequate total of 92.1 points.

>:(

Radically Canadian!

66 Chevelle

Quote from: Foxhound on August 06, 2019, 05:15:58 PM
And so it was. On Thursday I made a last day adjustment dropping the Montreal Alouettes Defence  and Lucky Whitehead in order to pick up the Winnipeg Blue Bombers Defence and Kenny Lawler. Well what I had would have yielded 8+10=18 points while that to which I switched yielded 3+3.9=6.9 points. Therefore I cost myself 11.1 points with the switch.

Then Qwan Bray appeared to catch a 29 yard TD pass in the third quarter of the game against the RedBlacks and I was celebrating! That would have been 9.9 points for my Qwan Bray and another 5.1 for my Vernon Adams Jr. but the play was ruled an incomplete pass by the command center. So 15 points evaporated from my score. And then Vernon Adams Jr. who had gotten me 17.3 points to that time was injured on the subsequent play which would not even have occurred had the previous play not been called back! 

So in the end I ended up with a barely adequate total of 92.1 points.

I was right there with you, I had Qwan and Vernon as well... lol... I thought Qwan was going to be my secret weapon but I was surprised to see a few had him on their roster this week, including you... Qwan is a pretty cool dude, I had dinner with him earlier this year...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...

Foxhound

When I look at the top Fantasy participants in the overall standings, I find that my picks are very similar. I see the same player names. It's just that the top participants have been better at picking the exact right week to have these players on their seven position rosters.

:-\
Radically Canadian!

66 Chevelle

man, you talk about going from the penthouse to the outhouse this week, I did just that! lol... it didn't help that some of the guys I was counting on to score for me where shorted a quarter and a half of game because of weather, but geez... I didn't even break 60! lol...

still have a real problem with TSN's player cost evaluations... some just don't make sense at all... at this point in the season you are truly looking to find that sleeper player that has an unexpected break out game in order to score big...

just like those that took a chance on Grant this week... there was absolutely no reason to think that he would have been able to get 24 pts this week as a return man... kudos to those that were smart enough to take a chance though...

blue newt

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on August 11, 2019, 08:20:40 PM
man, you talk about going from the penthouse to the outhouse this week, I did just that! lol... it didn't help that some of the guys I was counting on to score for me where shorted a quarter and a half of game because of weather, but geez... I didn't even break 60! lol...

still have a real problem with TSN's player cost evaluations... some just don't make sense at all... at this point in the season you are truly looking to find that sleeper player that has an unexpected break out game in order to score big...

just like those that took a chance on Grant this week... there was absolutely no reason to think that he would have been able to get 24 pts this week as a return man... kudos to those that were smart enough to take a chance though...

I'm in the same boat as you.  53 points.   :'(  My expensive "sure thing" players failed to do anything, and my budget picks were a "you get what you pay for".

Ah well, can only do better next week!

Foxhound

Quote from: 66 Chevelle on August 11, 2019, 08:20:40 PMit didn't help that some of the guys I was counting on to score for me where shorted a quarter and a half of game because of weather, but geez... I didn't even break 60! lol....

I'm in the same boat. After having a TD pass from my QB to my WR overruled by the command center and then seeing my QB limp off the field on the very next play from scrimmage last week, Montreal was once again the scene of a disaster for me over the weekend. I had both Roughriders' QB Cody Fajardo and WR Kyran Moore who had done alright for me to that point when the game was called due to lightning with 2:41 left to play in the third quarter. Extrapolating their performance to that point, the truncation of the game cost me 8.5 or so points although I suspect that it probably cost me many more.

In any event, I didn't have any of the big stars for the week, e.g. C.J. Gable, Bryan Burnham, John White, etc. In fact instead of Burnham and White I had the Tiger-Cat duo of Braley Addison and Cameron Marshall with their underwhelming point totals.

So all in all I ended up 67.7 points which was far and away my worst total of the season. Had the game in Montreal been played out, I think I had a good chance of ending up with a respectable total of over 80 points.

I'm still seething with frustration.

Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

How, how many of you guys play the pickem.cfl.ca game too?  I'm having my best year ever there, ranking hovering between 100 and 500 all season.  Usually I'm down in 3000+.

Very hard to catch the guys who get lucky early with the streaks.  I really like trying to pick the total points.  I'm 31st n the Bomber Fans group.  Anyone else in there?
Never go full Rider!

66 Chevelle

I do go to just get my roster done for our leagues, lol... sometimes I believe I over think it too much... but I love playing...

TecnoGenius

Aw man, my luck abandoned me two weeks in a row.  I do all my picks on Wed night before the games.  Last week I pick Coombs, but then when the game starts they've rostered Marshall instead!  This week both Ambles and Crockett end up mysteriously on the 1GIR at the last minute.

I guess the moral of the story is I need to check the each of the final rosters the night before each game, not just once on Wednesday.

Which leads me to ask: is there a reliable, central, and easy place to find CFL game-day rosters as soon as they come out?  The CFL schedule site doesn't seem to link to rosters until after the game is over, when the "tracker" link comes up.  Am I missing something?

I've found tracking them down using google is basically impossible, and not all fan forum sites are as on the ball as ours.
Never go full Rider!

blue newt

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 18, 2019, 07:50:41 AM
Aw man, my luck abandoned me two weeks in a row.  I do all my picks on Wed night before the games.  Last week I pick Coombs, but then when the game starts they've rostered Marshall instead!  This week both Ambles and Crockett end up mysteriously on the 1GIR at the last minute.

I guess the moral of the story is I need to check the each of the final rosters the night before each game, not just once on Wednesday.

Which leads me to ask: is there a reliable, central, and easy place to find CFL game-day rosters as soon as they come out?  The CFL schedule site doesn't seem to link to rosters until after the game is over, when the "tracker" link comes up.  Am I missing something?

I've found tracking them down using google is basically impossible, and not all fan forum sites are as on the ball as ours.

I don't know about a central place.  But I've had success on each individual teams's website on the occasions I've gone to look for them....